Status: I hope you like it.

The Boys, the Girls

Santa Carla, California - The DeClaire Sisters' House - 8:29PM

Just beyond the edge of Santa Carla’s beach there’s a plot of land. This plot of land is home to an expansive, two-story, white house that bore tall, white columns on the front and back porches, large glass windows that only showed you crimson curtains, and a wide balcony that stretched out over the back porch.

Mid-1975, Frank DeClaire began building the house, and by mid-1976, when Carmen and Kimberly were nine and ten, the three of them moved into the home. The two sisters hadn’t lived anywhere else, since, and were currently lounging on the couch in their living room.

“We need to do something,” Carmen whined from where her head lay in her younger sister’s lap. Kimberly sat with her nose in the TV guide, attempting to ignore her older sister, but failing to do so when the blonde girl began to erratically poke her in the stomach and pull at her hair (only just enough to annoy her).

“Then go find something to do,” Kimberly told her sister as she turned the page.

“But there’s nothing to do here,” Carmen grumbled.

“Then go to the boardwalk or something.” Kimberly told her trying not to sound irritated.

“Fine,” Carmen snapped before sitting up with a grunt. The blonde girl walked up the stairs to her room and got ready.
X
Carmen was walking into the video store when she heard the sound of motorcycles powering down the street. She looked over her shoulder and saw David and his gang pull up. She felt his eyes find her as she turned her head back around. She smirked slightly to herself as she walked into the store.

She wandered around, looking at the selection of movies. She wasn’t looking for anything in particular, just seeing if something jumped out at her. It was the chiming of the door announcing somebody’s entry of the store grabbed her attention, pulling her gaze from the brat pack movies in front of her. David and his friends had just walked in.

She watched David’s piercing eyes scan the store. It wasn’t until his ice blue gaze landed on her that she realized what he was looking for. He smirked and made his way over to her, his friends following. Marko bounced up to her first, “Hey,” he remarked happily, glancing at the movies she was looking at. He tried to hide his grimace, “Where’s Kimberly?” he asked.

While on the outside, her face remained in its calm, easy going expression, on the inside she was smirking. “She’s at home.” Carmen told him, not being able to suppress the knowing smirk that she had been holding back.

“So you’re here alone?” David asked, a smirk forming on his pale face. She nodded, unsure of what his expression reflected form his thoughts.
X
“I told you not to come in here anymore,” Max told him with a glare. David rolled his eyes before smirking and raising his arms.

David turned to Carmen, not wanting this to be the only time they got to hang out tonight. “We’re heading down to the bar at the end of the beach, you want to join?” he asked.

“I suppose,” Carmen remarked coolly, walking over to them and following them out. When she came up beside him, he slung his arm around her waist and pulled her closer as they headed over to their bikes. He got on, and turned to her. He watched as she placed her boot clad foot on the passenger foot hold and swung herself onto the bike with grace and ease, as if she’d done it a million times before.

“You may want to hold on,” he told her. She nodded and wrapped her arms around him tightly. He blinked a few times after she did that, because the feeling of her arms wrapped around him felt all too right. He looked back at her once to see if she was settled, before starting the bike and speeding off, the boys following him.

The guys let out hollers and yells as they sped down the road. He chuckled when he heard Carmen laugh in exhilaration. She was enjoying the ride, he noted, that was good.

They pulled into the parking lot of the bar they had been heading to. He watched Carmen turn and look at the large beach house that was close by. “We’ve never seen anyone go in or out of that house,” Paul told her. David rolled his eyes at him. That story had never scared the local girls they picked up, so he didn’t see why he was trying again. “But the second story lights are always on. We think it’s haunted.”

“It’s not haunted Paul,” Carmen told him in a slightly condescending tone.

“Paul knows this,” Marko voiced, “He just tries to scare the girls that are brought around.” David watched as Carmen raised an eyebrow at this. The face fell as soon as it appeared, and David hoped that the statement wouldn’t come up again. “Most locals don’t fall for it.”

“Yeah, that’s because most locals know it’s where Kimberly and I live.” Carmen told him coolly.

David raised an eyebrow at her and she gave a small smirk.

“Prove it,” Paul put in haughtily.

David rolled his eyes and noticed Carmen did the same. He smiled at her at that and she smiled softly back, batting her entrancing forest green eyes at him.

She pulled her stare away from him and pulled herself off his bike. “Where are you going?” David asked her.

“To shut Paul up,” she told him simply before turning around and setting off towards the house she said was her and her sister’s.

David watched her red shorts clad backside sway as she walked away. “Alright man, when are you going to feed off of her?” Dwayne spoke up. David shot him a glare and was about to reply when he and his brother heard a loud clunk. They looked over to the house that was next door to the bar.

Carmen stood outside the house looking up at the only open second story window where Kimberly was sticking her head out of. “Well, she proved it, Paul.” Marko remarked nonchalantly. David chuckled and watched the girl and her younger sister speak to each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
Slightly a filler/transition chapter. The next chapter(s) should be up around next Wednesday. I'll make that my day to upload. If i don't, it's probably because I've been overloaded with homework. Sry ;)

Thanks for reading, you guys! Thank you for waiting for so long, also. You all are the bomb diggity ;)
Don't forget to comment, recommend, and subscribe!
~Wrote Too Soon