Status: I hope you like it.

The Boys, the Girls

Santa Carla, California - Bar on the Beach - 10:57 PM

“So, I’m just one of those,” Carmen made air quotes as she went to finish her statement, ““girls that are brought around,” huh?” David looked to Carmen from his seat on a barstool. Her face was steely, her eyes flared with the anger he knew she felt.

Carmen had come in moments earlier with her sister at her side. The dark haired girl that was related to Carmen had been wearing a pink dress, a light shaded denim jacket, and a pair of white high heels. Just the type Marko went after, and he could see them dancing together from the corner of his eye.

“Look, the gu–”

“Don’t you “look, the guys don’t know what they’re talking about” me!” She snapped cutting him off, her voice rising and bringing attention to the two of them.

“Carmen lower–”

“Let the lady speak,” The female bartender cut David off. He shot the lady a glare.

“Now, tell me,” Carmen snapped, “Am I another girl that you thought would be easy?”

He mulled over his next words carefully as she stood there in a pair of red shorts, a grey tank top that had a pair of lips on it that were patterned like the American flag under a baggy, too big denim button up shirt. On her feet were a pair of old, black, suede ankle boots that had ratty brown laces on either shoe wrapped around her ankles a few times before tied in bows that hung limply from their knots. The bumps under her tank top told him she had her belly button pierced and her hair fell in lazy curls down her back.

The fury that was hidden behind her steely look didn’t seem to fit her personality. In comparison to the laid back way she carried herself, it was almost as if it was too much emotion for her easy going ways. He couldn’t help but being pissed, at himself for thinking this wouldn’t come up again and at Marko for saying what that.

“Step outside with me?” David asked. He knew if he had been a normal guy she would have just stormed off with an enraged cry, but he wasn’t a normal guy. He was a vampire, and with that came the power of seduction. He wasn’t using it on her so he could get into her pants, and he wasn’t using it so he could feed off of her (although his senses were still extremely sensitive to her body’s blood). He was using it so she would listen to him and not just storm off assuming that she was just another easy girl he could get.

Granted, that was his first intention, but his instincts were telling him not to bleed her dry. Which, in turn, only meant one thing: he had to turn her. When he was going to do this he had no idea, but he knew he had to do it soon, or his need to taste her blood would get too strong.

He and Carmen walked over to the corner of the building where David and his friends’ bikes were parked. She stopped in front of him, crossing her arms across her perky chest, an expression of angry expectance on her face. “Well?” He just raised an eyebrow at her. “Give me a straight and believable answer now, David, or I’m going home.” She snapped out.

He chuckled, “How do you expect to do that, I was your ride here.” He snapped back.

She extended one arm, her finger pointed out directing his attention to the white house she had said was her and her sister’s earlier in the evening. “I’ll walk.” She deadpanned.

His eyes formed into slits, “No you won’t.” He didn’t know whether he was trying to convince her of that, or himself.

“What makes you say that?” Carmen snapped.

“Because, you and I both know, you may not have known me for long but you feel something!” he snapped angrily. “You feel something for me deeper than you’ve ever felt something before and you don’t want to just give up on that because one stupid thing one of my friends said! And that’s because you know that if you storm off right now, my attention will turn elsewhere and you’d go the rest of your life wondering what would have happened if you had stayed!”

Carmen was now glaring at the ground. He watched her, studied her, scrutinized her as he waited for her to rebut. “Well?” he mocked after a few minutes, and then watched as a small wet splat mark made a darker spot on the cement. Shit! He cursed to himself.

She slowly looked up at him, her deep forest green eyes, marred by the tears that were threatening to spill over, meeting his gaze head on with a hard look that could kill, a look that silenced him and froze him to his spot. She took a deep breath and opened her mouth to speak, “That may be true you arrogant shit,” she spoke slowly, which he knew was from because she was trying hard to keep her voice from breaking, “but I’m not risking being hurt, because I’m being treated like an easy fuck just so I can see where this two-day-long, racing-heart-inducing, whatever-it-is takes me.” With that said, she turned on her heal and began to walk away.

David sneered in anger, partly at himself and partly at her. He then stormed after the girl that had just rounded the corner they’d been standing by. Coming up behind her, he grabbed her by the elbow and spun her around so she was facing him. Her face morphed into one that he knew was about to spit and insult at him, “Wh–” he cut off her question by taking the back of her head in his hang and slamming his lips against hers. Shoving her up against the building’s wall, David felt her try to wiggle out of his grip as their lips pressed against each other’s. In response, David used just enough of his vampire seduction skills to get her to stop resisting.

Soon, his tongue was prying her lips open allowing her soft, little, pink tongue to slide out and meet his. He let her tongue slide past his as both their tongues explored the other’s mouth. She ran her tongue along the back of his top teeth, and he felt her tongue brush against the pocket where his fangs were hidden away. He grunted, trying to restrain from letting them come out so he could taste her blood.

He pulled away for a moment, to regain his composure and restraint. His lips hovered over Carmen’s now swollen ones. She panted, short of breath. Her warm breath puffed over his mouth, smelling of spearmint and shots of raspberry vodka. His ice blue eyes looked down into Carmen’s half-lidded, forest green ones.

He wasn’t able to resist trailing his lips down her jawline, over the hollow of her throat, and to right below where her throbbing vein was. He tried to ignore the pounding of her blood in his ears as he sucked on the skin that his lips had latched onto. Her fingers threaded themselves through his platinum blonde hair, holding him to her. She let out a soft moan and he smirked, continuing his assault on her chest.

“Carmen!” The sound of Kimberly’s voice traveled to their ears. David ignored her and continued to assault Carmen’s collarbone and neck. “We’ve got to fix the house for dad and Daisy tomorrow!” Kimberly continued.

“David,” He felt her attempt to pull him away by the collar of his jacket, “I’ve…got t-…to go, Kimberly and I need to come up with a way to avoid spending tomorrow night with my dad and his whore of the month.” She hissed out in a whisper, hoping her sister wouldn’t hear her.

He pulled away from her neck, trapping her there by placing a hand on either side of her head against the wall, “The boys and I could come by and get you two, take you for a ride.” He offered.

She grinned happily, “Alright, yeah, I’d like that.” He smirked. “We’re supposed to spend all hours at the beach tomorrow, come get us there?”

“’Course, see you then, babe,” he told her, dipping in for one more brief kiss.

“Don’t call me babe,” she snapped as he pulled away and removed his hands from the wall. She straightened out her clothes before walking off to meet her sister at the entrance of the bar.