Rest

And The Award Goes To...

The lobby was very eloquent. A chandelier hung from overhead, and the carpet was a crimson red. Lights sparkled and brightened the entire lobby and corridors, making it look very fancy. Cozy armchairs were scattered around the ground floor, adding a more home-filled effect.

"It's in the ballroom on the 4th floor," Adrienne smiled, taking Billie Joe's hand and leading him to the elevator with the others.

They were soon greeted by the rest of the band and other punk-rock bands, including My Chemical Romance, Blink 182, Sum 41, U2, All Time Low, etc. Billie Joe sighed, not really in a mood for talking. He said a few ‘hellos’ every now and then, but that seemed to be it. He found the seats reserved for the band and the family, and then sat in the chair right next to Adrienne’s. He sunk into the soft chair and tried to make himself comfortable, which almost seemed impossible.

Adrienne, Mike, and Tre all walked over, taking their seats vigilantly. They all smiled from ear to ear due to talking to their friends, and then waited patiently for the ceremony to start. Adrienne sat back and lounged, looking forward to an afternoon of excitement and most of all, well prepared food. When the introduction began she gave the stage her full attention, knowing how important this was to a sweet group of kids. A few young children walked out onto the stage and began to sing a few of Green Day’s songs. Adrienne smiled and felt a feeling of excitement skip in her heart. It was touching to see such little kids with so much talent, singing one of her husband’s songs. It made her feel good knowing that she was with such an inspirational man.

Halfway through the ceremony, Adrienne noticed that Billie Joe was paying no attention whatsoever to the performance. She was about to scold him, but then noticed how uncomfortable he looked. He shifted in his seat, his head cupped in his hands, trying to sleep.

"Billie?" she whispered, putting a hand on his shoulder.

He lifted his head and squinted up at her, then hung his head again. She gently pulled his hands away from his face, and couldn't help but feel his forehead.

"You're sick," she stated, meaning it as a fact, not a question.

"No, it's just hot in here," he protested, still squinting up at her.

Adrienne sighed, not buying it for a second, "I'm going to tell Mike and Tre and then take you back to the hotel we are staying at."

"No," he said dryly, "I don't want to miss the ceremony."

"You aren't staying here like this. I'm taking you to the hotel, no questions asked," Adrienne said firmly, taking his hand and helping him up.

"Addie," he whined, "I'm fine."

She put an arm around his waist, helping him walk, and with a sudden burst of pride he grimaced at her, "I can walk."

She wasn't taking any chances of him fainting. She couldn't believe Billie Joe had hidden this from her, and that she hadn't suspected that he wasn't feeling well.

"Adrienne!" he shouted, "Let go of me," he groaned and tried to pull away from her grip, but didn't have the energy to even attempt that. Adrienne pursed her lips, annoyed, and then got Billie Joe safely into the limo, his head resting against the icy, cold, glass window. The car began to move and strolled to the hotel.

"Why'd you lie to me?" she whispered, looking disappointed.

"I'm sorry," he said softly, "I didn't want you to worry." He finally let his guard down and it was now visible that he was sick as a dog.

They arrived at the hotel in a short 15 minute drive even through traffic. Adrienne helped Billie Joe out of the car, due to the fact that he barely had any energy to walk into the lobby. She practically carried him inside, though she managed to drag him up to the front desk.

"Ahh, Mr. and Mrs. Armstrong, looking for your rooms?" the manager smiled, searching through his computer, "Room 1409,"

"Thank you," Adrienne smiled, grabbing the two room keys, before guiding Billie Joe to the elevator. She pushed the number 14 and they rose up quickly, making Billie Joe groan from the sudden movement, stirring a feeling of nausea.

Adrienne opened the door to the room they'd be sharing, and then they both stepped inside. Adrienne said hi to the kids and Brittany, as she was watching them and Brixton and Ryan while everyone was at the ceremony. Billie Joe immediately sat wearily on the king sized bed, letting himself sink into its comfort. He sighed and dropped his head onto the pillows, grateful that he could finally rest.

"Get some sleep, and you'll feel a lot better," Adrienne assured, and that's exactly what Billie Joe did, without protesting or second guessing. He settled into bed and snuggled into the comforter and extra blankets, dreaming soundly. He curled up into a ball, the wool blankets and cotton comforter engulfing his sleeping form. He finally felt relaxed for the first time during this entire tour.