Status: active

Decemberunderground

Endlessly, She Said

Avery grabbed fistfuls of her dress at Jade's words because she knew what Davey was doing. Davey was trying to keep her from Jade so she could stay his forever. At the time, Avery didn't realize what Davey was or what he was doing. All she could think was how dare he. He knew Jade would never stay with her if he knew the truth, and Avery knew that too.

"I think you should go now, Jade." She said stiffly, without moving.

Jade hesitated to move, but eventually realized she meant it. He started to walk towards the door, but picked up his pace as Avery followed him. When he reached the door, Avery gripped it in one hand and pushed him with the other, slamming the apartment door shut behind him out of anger.

Davey heard the slam of the door, and retreated from his hiding place. He stood leaning against the wall and watching Avery break down. It was exactly what he wanted. She thought she could break him down, so he was going to show her how he could break her down just as easily.

Avery felt Davey's presence standing there, watching her. "You bastard." She said as she turned to look at him.

"I know not what you're talking about." He said as he began to walk towards the balcony.

She followed, but never caught up with his pace. Instead, she stayed back, watching as his mysterious facade began to grow back. His walls were being rebuilt, and everything she had loved about him was coming back.

"Don't play this shit with me, Davey." She paused. "You know exactly what you're doing, don't you."

A smile played across his lips at her words, but his back was to her so she couldn't see. Avery thought she had him all figured out. She thought that breaking down his barrier was going to make him vulnerable to her. That's all she wanted: power.

"We all want to die like movie stars, you said." He watched as the city lights danced below.

"Hold me and tell me we'll die like stars. We'll burn as we fall." Her voice was shaky with tears. He lied to her and she had used him. They were even now. But she was just feeling the effects.

He glanced back at her from over his shoulder for a brief moment but looked back to the city below. "Not now." He said, shaking his head.

She took an eager step towards him. "I will wait for you." She said, "Endlessly."
♠ ♠ ♠
one more chapter left and then I'll probably make a sequel idk because I like this album idea thing I have going on and I really want to do one for burials so I figured I would just keep it going, especially because a lot of these chapters are really short and there's only 12 of them. if there are shout outs I'm sorry I'm too lazy to look haha