Status: active

Decemberunderground

The Missing Frame

Everything about his appearance seemed okay. She liked his eyes and the way his black bangs were long and the rest of his hair was cut short. She liked the long eyelashes. She thought they made his eyes look more interesting. She liked his thin lips with the silver band hugging the bottom. But his personality was cold and off putting. She wanted to accept him but he wasn't accepting her.

Avery pushed off the floor and managed to stand up, storming out of the bathroom and down the hallway into Davey's living room. She looked around the room and spotted the window out of the corner of her eye. She ran over to it, grasping the long curtains and pulling them down with such force that caused them to tumble down to the carpeted floor. She looked back and saw Davey was watching her.

It was though her body was possessed by another force. She couldn't control her movements. She flailed her arms, knocking over picture frames and glassware. Each item crashing to the floor and covering it in glass. She gripped her hair in fistfuls as she went around the room kicking things over and completely destroying Davey's entire living room. He simply stood there and watched.

"You're not going to stop me?" She asked, growling at him.

He shook his head slightly. "I'll let you break it up." He motioned to his living room that was now in pieces.

She didn't understand at the time but she was angry about many things. She was frustrated with Davey's cold nature. She wanted him to warm up, and reveal himself to her. She wanted to know his secrets, she wanted to peel back his layers and see what else was inside him. But he remained quiet, reserved and to himself. He gave away no secrets and refused to show his emotions.

In her rage, she kicked open the doors to his balcony and became entranced by the city lights. Her hair whipped around her face in the harsh December wind, and the snow fell gracefully around her. Her cheeks grew pink from the temperature, and her eyes glazed over with tears that froze to her skin as they rolled down her cheeks. What was he doing to her?

She heard the crunch of frozen snow and saw Davey standing next to her, looking out at the scene before them.

"It shines so beautifully." He commented on the city in front of them.

He reached over and placed his hand on the railing. She looked over at him as well, searching his face for some kind of answer.

"I'm... I'm sorry about destroying your living room." She broke her gaze from his face and looked down at the ground.

He shrugged. "We can repair it."

She furrowed her eyebrows and looked up at him. "Why do you do this? Why keep this stone wall built around you all the time?"

"Because," He stated. "No one cares."
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, yeah but to the point I think with just enough detail. I'll maybe try and write another chapter tonight if I can figure out what I want to do for the next chapter and, what, 5 people reading this?