Status: active

Decemberunderground

Love Like Winter

Davey held her hand the whole way there, which was surprising, because she never thought he would be the kind of guy to hold her hand; especially not for that long. It was still hard to see, but she could tell that his walls were beginning to thaw. She was beginning to melt the ice that clung to the walls of his heart.

He led her away from the city and into a wood covered in snow and ice. It was beautiful. To her, it was more beautiful than the city, and she held the city close to her own heart. The little bit of sunlight peeking in through the thick leaves made the snowflakes glisten as the shy heat slowly melted them away. She reached out to touch a branch covered in the powder, but Davey pulled her along.

"What is this place?" She asked, spun her head in all different directions, trying to take in each inch of the lace covered woods.

"Here it's December every day." He said, continuing to pull her along, not bothering to look back at her.

She gazed up at the tall pine trees as she passed by below their towering peaks. "I like that." She whispered.

Suddenly, he stopped, turning to face her and taking both her hands in his own. He didn't look at her eyes, but instead stared down at her cold, pale hands in his own. "I want to love you." He whispered.

His voice sent a shiver down her spine and she knew it wasn't because of the temperature. His voice was made of silk and his words were rich.

He shook his head. "But I don't know how. My love is like winter; harsh, cold, unnatural, and rough around the edges."

Avery searched his face for a sign of something. But all she could see was pale, blank stares. He left his eyes locked on her hands in his. He kept them held there all while he talked, focusing on the texture of her skin and trying not to think of her beauty.

She slipped her hand out of his grasp and reached up, caressing his frozen cheek. His black lashes were dotted with snowflakes and the breeze blew by, sending his hair back and revealing his desolate face.

At her touch, he glanced upward and his gaze was caught by her unending fairness. She blinked slowly as he lifted his head up more so he was looking straight into her eyes.

She didn't know how it happened, but one moment Davey was looking into her eyes. The next, she was nose to nose with him, staring down at his lips that were just inches from hers. She could feel his hesitation. She knew he was scared of something. Avery pushed every thought she had about Davey aside and let her instincts take control. She impulsively pressed her lips against Davey's and felt his body grow stiff at first touch. But as she held her lips against his, he softened and his body began to melt, like the snow in the sun.

Her lips had the power to drain all his suffering, agony, turmoil, and pain from the years before. She was able to rejuvenate his soul with a single kiss. She was teaching him how to love again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Um so I guess thank you for reading this? I mean, obviously it's not over yet but I just have nothing to put here so yeah.