Status: active

Decemberunderground

Affliction

A knock on the door interrupted Davey's deep thoughts. He put down his pen and notebook on the coffee table before standing up and heading over to the apartment door. A small smile formed as he saw who stood in the doorway. Jade greeted him with a hug, and Davey didn't object, despite the fact he wasn't big on hugs.

"Avery?" Davey called to her and she turned around to see him standing there with another man beside him. "This is Jade."

Jade waved to her slightly and a blush creeped up on to Avery's cheeks. Jade was mighty attractive. She didn't want to hurt Davey but she liked Jade. And besides, Davey was simply her friend. She felt no emotional attachment other than a friendly caring.

Jade noticed the way Avery looked at him and he wasn't objecting at all. In fact, he liked her, too. He was unsure of the status between the two, so he kept his emotions neutral.

Davey was so wrapped up in excitement, he didn't notice Avery's wandering eyes. She had undressed Jade with her eyes more than three times already and there was no sign of her stopping. Jade felt uncomfortable, only because Davey was in the room.

"I really think we should start writing before we do anything else." Davey said, trying to sound as professional as possible. He wanted this band to take off. It was all he had ever dreamed of.

"How come you two haven't seen each other for a while?" Avery wondered aloud, thinking it was a harmless thought.

Both became utterly silent, and looked away from one another. "Excuse me." Davey stood as the pain became too much for him. He fled out of the room and into his bedroom, leaving the two lovers behind. When in the safety of his plain, neat and clean room, he pulled out a book of pictures from underneath his bed. On the front, Jade's name was written with a small heart next to it. All of the memories from their early high school years came flooding back as he remembered the day he made this book.

"Hey, I'm Jade." Jade sat down next to a lonely looking Davey at the lunch table.

Davey looked up at him. For the first time, he felt different for some odd reason. Butterflies fluttered their wings against the walls of his stomach as Jade looked into his eyes.

"Do you want to be friends? I noticed you don't seem to have any. I don't really, either."

Davey nodded eagerly. Jade made him feel different already. He had never really liked many girls at school, but he had never liked any boys at school either until Jade came into his life.


"I fell in love..." He said out loud to himself.

Then, he thought back to the moment he had told Jade about his feelings; the day their friendship had ended for good, or so he thought.

"Jade, I have to tell you something." Davey admitted as he wrung his hands together in a state of nervousness.

"Is everything okay? Are you dying?" Jade became a ball of worry.

"No," Davey laughed slightly, shaking his head. "I... I think I..." He was trying to say it but the words I love you refused to be released from his lips.

Jade looked at him, waiting for the rest of the sentence to be revealed. "You think you what?" He asked, urging him to continue.

Davey took in a deep breath. "I think I love you."

Jade stepped back. "Well, I love you too, dude."

Davey looked up. "Really?" He smiled, stepping forward and reaching for Jade.

"Whoa," Jade held up his hands. "Not like that. I love you as a friend. Nothing more. Anything more would be just weird."

Davey dropped his reaching hands to his side and let them flop. "Oh."


"He was my best friend." Davey spoke out loud to himself again and finally he thought back to a few days ago when he had called Jade and spoke to him again after all those years of being apart.

"I'm over it, I told you already." Davey tried to convince him. "It was just a stupid adolescent phase I was going through. I found a girl, and I really like her." He thought of Avery, sleeping on the couch in his living room at that very moment. "I just want this band to happen. We always used to talk about how great it would be. I think we can make it a reality."

"Alright." Jade agreed. "I'll be over on Saturday to start working on things."


Davey gripped the sides of the book tightly but then released his steel hold. He slid the book back under the bed and stood up, walking back out into the living room. He walked in on an empty room; Jade and Avery had disappeared.

Voices were coming from near the balcony, so he made his way over there. He peered around the corner and saw Jade and Avery standing on the balcony, hand in hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay for updates! ever since Burials came out and I saw them live, I've been dying to update this story but I never had time to. I'm really excited to continue working on the last three chapters plus the sequels to come! I think I can make this a pretty epic series! :)