Status: Currently active - Trying for a chapter per day!

Taking Strides

Lacing Up

Milan's perspective:

He couldn't help but chuckle at the events that had unfolded. Girls don't often run into him on accident, and when they do, they certainly don't run off so shortly after, at least not without leaving their name and phone number. Girls seem to forget that he's a married man, not that he's complaining.

"Who was that?" His teammate, Adam asked with a hint of confusion in his voice. He had almost had a run in with her himself, just trying to get out into the parking lot after practice.
"A girl on a mission, it seems. She mentioned something about an interview with Don." Milan responded.
"Well--" He started before getting interrupted.

"Woah, guys did you just see that chick?" Brad started talking as he walked closer to the two. "She was pretty hot, but why was she going into the building?"
Milan began, "We were just talking about that, she ran into me a few minutes ago and--"
"Dude, did you get her number? What's her name?" Marchy responded, a mischievous gleam in his eyes.
"I don't know, and I doubt she'd be interested in you." He responded defensively.
Adam shook his head. "You guys are too much, you don't even know the girl."
"And you do?" Brad spoke up.
"I know enough to leave her alone, besides, don't you have a girlfriend?" Adam replied. "Just go home guys, let it be." With that, he stormed off.

'What's his problem, man?' Milan thought to himself.

Sarah's perspective:

"This here gentlemen, must be Sarah Bayard." The voice from my phone call earlier spoke up, extending a hand towards her.
'Well, I guess I know who Don Sweeney is...' Sarah thought to herself. "Yes, sir, it's nice to meet you." She shook his hand, and he turned to the men sitting around the table.
"I hope you don't mind interviewing with the three of us," He motioned to the two men. "This is Peter Chiarelli and Jim Benning." The two men stood up and shook her hand as well.
"I don't mind at all, I'm happy to meet more of this organization, I've been a fan of it for many years." She paused for a second, and smiled to herself. "This organization is actually what made me want to go into business. I hoped I could possibly do something as great as the work done here."

'Crap, saying too much. Word vomit, bad word vomit.' Sarah shut herself up before she said much else. The men didn't seem to mind her outburst, and PC had the largest grin of the three. They all seemed rather impressed... so far.

-- Two hours later --

The four of them seemed like old friends at the end of their interview. They had been discussing some of the past few seasons in the Bruins, trades, memories, and that exceptional cup run two years prior. It was hard to believe she was sitting and talking to the men behind the scenes, the men that helped make the franchise, and keep the franchise alive.

"I believe we've kept you long enough." PC started to talk, "I don't think there's a doubt in our minds now, you're the girl for the job. We've been looking for a younger eye, someone to assist with the three of us, both in Boston, and sometimes on the road."
Don started in next, "You'd be sort of an Amateur General Manager, someone to work through the system and give your point of view, and one day, maybe find yourself in any of our shoes. That is, if you'd like the job?"

She felt all eyes on her, waiting for her decision, but to her, it didn't even feel like she had a decision. As if it was fate, she had already felt herself feel right at home, more relaxed than she had been in so long.

"I couldn't imagine anything else."