Status: Currently active - Trying for a chapter per day!

Taking Strides

New Energy

Sarah's perspective:

The rest of her first day of work seemed to go by exceedingly fast. Sarah managed to keep getting caught up with the policies, signing her contracts, and going over all of the different responsibilities with work. While the men and women of the organization were pretty easy to get along with, she still found herself struggling to loosen up, which some of the guys noticed but didn't mention. Luckily there wasn't too much to do before it was game time, and the girls were headed out about two hours before the game.

"Are you sure we can leave this early?" Sarah said as the two girls walked towards the elevator.
"Well, we have to run some papers down to Julien first, but yeah, they don't mind us getting out a bit early for any games we're going to," Cari said, "provided we've got everything done for the day, of course."
"Paperwork, paperwork, and more paperwork!" Sarah said. The two girls laughed as they entered the elevator.
"You going to be less star struck by the locker room this time?" Cari asked.
"...We're going to the locker room again?" Sarah said.
"How else would we get these papers to Julien before game time?" She replied.
"RC Helicopter? Paper airplane? Snail mail.. Bribe an intern?" Sarah paused, trying to think up more possibilities.
"Oh come on, you've already been in there once, the guys won't hurt you." Cari replied.
"I don't know, I might be on the menu for Chara's pregame meal!" Sarah joked.
"If you're really that worried you could always go find our seats. Just make sure they see your pass, and it can't hurt to introduce yourself to the security guards." Cari said, letting her friend off the hook.
"Got it. Make sure the security knows that I am friend, not food." She said.
"Next time you're coming with me though!" Cari said as the two girls exited the elevator and split paths.

'Oh lord, there's a next time already. Wait, I have to get Adam to sign my jersey still. Shit. Why am I calling him Adam, are we on first name basis. I don't know the guy, he just took me to dinner. ..And called me a princess. So wait should I call him Darth Quaider? Is that considered offensive?..' Sarah rambled in her head as she walked closer to the seats they had gotten for tonight.

"Miss, you're not supposed to be in the building yet. We don't let fans in till an hour before game time." A voice called out from behind her. She turned around and found herself face to face with a security guard.
"No, I'm supposed to.." Sarah started before getting cut off.
"You're supposed to wait outside or downstairs like everyone else. I don't know how you got here, but you really can't be up here yet." He replied, grabbing her arm and escorting her closer to the exit.

'Well this is going well.. I should have just gone with Cari. I mean this security guard might smell better than the locker room, but really.. What did she tell me to do again?' Sarah tried to figured out what she could do in her head, and only hoped that she could find the words to explain herself, and that she remembered what words are...

Cari's perspective:

Cari knocked on the locker room doors. She was surprised that she hadn't run into any players yet, they would normally be starting up soccer soon.
"Hey your royal highnesses, are you guys decent?" Cari moved open the door a fraction and yelled in.
"I don't think any girl has ever downgraded me to decent that fast." Marchand pushed open the door and winked at Cari. "Haven't you heard, I'm number one."
"Well you smell like number two. Speaking of, are you missing Seguin?" Cari replied, not giving a second thought to Marchy's crude behavior.
"Oh, not nearly as much as he's missing you." Brad said nonchalantly.
"I don't even want to know why..." Cari sighed. "Is Julien in there?"
"You're looking for me?" Claude spoke from behind her, making her jump.
"Yes, yes sir, just delivering some papers." Cari said, turning around and passing the folder she had been carrying.
"Ah, thank you very much. Did our newest addition like her gift this morning?" He replied.
"She did--" Cari got cut off.
"Marchand, get back in the room and stop oogling Miss Johnson." Claude said, eyeing down Brad. Brad grumbled and stormed back in the room. "What were you saying?"
"She did, she was really excited by it all, even more excited for her first game tonight." Cari said.
"Well hopefully these hooligans perform." He replied, slightly louder so the guys would hear.
"WE'RE NOT ALL HOOLIGANS!" Brad yelled back. Cari and Claude chuckled before parting ways.

Sarah's perspective:

"Sir really, I work for the Bruins, I have my pass in my bag if you let me get it out, I promise." Sarah pleaded to the guard.
"Yeah, yeah, that's a new one. You're not allowed to sneak in here. You young girls all just want to make your way down to the locker room and eye up our players." The guard said sternly, not wanting to believe her for a second.
"Excuse me, but I believe the lady is telling the truth, Al." spoke a gruff and familiar voice from behind her. The guard turned his head and noticed who was speaking, immediately letting go of Sarah's arm.
"Thank goodness, my hero." She said, before turning around and seeing who it was that had spoken up. He bowed like a gentlemen. "I had to rescue the maiden in distress." He said with a chuckle.
"I'm a maiden, but I'm in no distress now, so perhaps you should return to your quarters?" She remarked, trying not to smile in response to his grin, which only managed to get larger with his response.
"As the lady wishes." He said as he turned himself away.

As soon as he turned out of sight, a fit of giggles burst out as Cari came out from her hiding spot.
"You guys are adorable, all Medieval and proper." She laughed more. "Sir McQuaid, fighting a valiant fight for the dear Princess Sarah."
"Oh shut up!" Sarah replied, blushing deeply.
"Alas my dear princess, I speakth the truth. He would fight through dragons... and tonight, lightning storms, to see you safe." Cari joked further, before grabbing her skirt and twirling.

'How am I ever going to make it out of tonight?' Sarah thought meekly.
♠ ♠ ♠
(Adam would make a fantastic knight.)