Status: Active

You're Not Quite Satan

Chapter 13

Tay's Point of View.

Alex continued to sing Jordan's part in the song as he and I played together, voice fading out as my part came in. Sighing, I decided to give in. "It's been a while since I've felt butterflies. Do you feel the same way too? If every single second could last that much longer would you hold me.." I sung, stopping right before the chorus came in. That didn't matter though, because before I could blink, his hand was removed from my hand on the neck of the guitar, placed under my chin, and he tilted my face up to kiss me.
I stayed motionless for a second. It's not like we hadn't kissed before. But each time I was still taken off guard, especially by the eruption of fireworks dancing on my lips or the fluttering butterflies swarming my stomach. It didn't take me long to melt into his touch. The guitar slowly slid from my hands as I turned in his lap to face him, not breaking the kiss.
Alex's hands wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer. Surprisingly, I didn't fight him off. Instead, my hands snaked around his neck to pull him down a little more to my shorter frame. I could feel his lips tilt up into a smile and I couldn't help but do the same.
Then his lip licked against mine, as if he were asking for entrance. That part made me freeze up and I broke the kiss with a blush.
"I'm not really sure if we should take it there..." I said quietly, not meeting his gaze.
"Hey, I'm not going to push you. Just say the word and we'll stop." He smiled as he tilted my face back up to meet his gaze.
"Thank you," I said with a shy smile.
"Don't thank me, I'd do anything for you." He laughed before glancing behind me and his face lit up.
"What...?" I asked slowly.
He pointed behind me and gently turned me around in his arms. "The sun is setting."
I smiled a little as I watched the sun going down, hesitantly leaning back into his arms as I glanced at the horizon, the sky almost as if it'd been colored with pastels. "It's beautiful."
"I know you are."
My face heated up a little as he said that and I stayed silent, not wanting to acknowledge what he'd said and potentially ruin one of the few good moments we'd had together.
The two of us sat like that together for a while as the sun dipped out of view, the sky now illuminated by the nearly full moon and shining stars.
"I want to play something for you," he said softly. "And now it's the perfect time."
I turned a little and gave him a confused look. "Perfect time?" I asked.
"You'll understand when I play." He laughed a little and I moved from his lap as he grabbed the guitar and strummed it a little, tuning it quickly before smiling up at me as he started strumming the introduction.
"Time to lay claim to the evidence, fingerprints sold me out.." He started and gazed into my eyes, the light from the stars glowing in his eyes.
He sung for a while longer until he finally got to the chorus. "Meet me on Thames Street," he sung heartfelt as the chorus went on. Alex placed a hand over the strings to silence them as he finished the end of the chorus. "There's room for two, six feet under the stars." He sang and smiled over at me.
"Tay, I like you. A lot. I want to make this work, and I'm trying my best tonight to make that happen. Please, just tell me what more I need to do to convince you." he said quietly, his eyes pleading with mine as I watched him sadly.
"I don't know, Alex." I said quietly. "I just don't think we can make this work."
"Why do you think that, though? I will do anything to change your mind."
I ran a hand through my hair frustratedly. "Alex, there was a reason I didn't like you when we met. If I say yes, things will inevitably end up broken, and that's just going to cause us both pain that neither of us need. This is the first time you've been nice to me since we've met, and the first time you haven't been cocky while I'm around. How am I supposed to trust that you'll keep that up?"
Alex looked at me as a smile reappeared on his face. "Is that all it is? I can promise you I won't be a dick anymore. Just give me a chance."
Sighing, I turned away from him. "It's not just that. I know you and Lisa have that on-again, off-again relationship. It's no secret that you break up, find a fling and then go back to her. I'm not ready to have my heart broken because you use me for a month and then drop me when the tour ends."
"I'm not going to do that, Tay. You mean too much to me. Besides, Lisa and I aren't and won't ever be a thing anymore." he instead.
I bit my lip as I turned back to him after he'd stopped talking. "I just can't trust that you won't ditch me after this tour," I said softly.
"Please, Tay. I just want one chance. That's all I ask for. I don't know how else to prove to you that I won't do that."
As I glanced in his eyes, I started to see how sincere he was, and how much he meant his words. My heart fluttered a little as I watched him, and I closed my eyes for a second to brace myself for the words that were about to leave my mouth.
"One chance."
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't want this to be stolen, so Copyright 2013©

Thanks for reading!
Follow me on Tumblr: xxashley6xx.tumblr.com
I follow back ♥