Status: Active

You're Not Quite Satan

Chapter 15

Tay's Point of View.

The slight nudging on my shoulder and hum of my name slowly brought me out of my dreaming state. I cracked my eyes open a little, sleepily gazing down at my shoulder where a man's hand rested. I slowly trailed my gaze from the hand to the arm, and up the torso to the face to meet the eyes of my best friend and band mate, Jordan.
"Hey," I croaked, voice still a little thick with sleep.
"Hey." He smiled down at me before sitting on the edge of my bunk, ducking his head since he was too tall.
"What's up?" I asked as I took in his slightly sunken eyes and tug at his lips.
"Nothing, nothing." He assured, but it seemed too quick for me to be convinced. "Did something happen between you and Mike? He seemed pretty upset last night and still a little this morning."
I bit my lip, feeling slightly guilty. "Not really. I mean, I said something and he didn't like it but I didn't realize it was such a big deal to him."
"What did you say?"
"I told him that Alex had asked me out." I explained, careful not to make eye contact incase Jordan's reaction was the same as Mike's.
"He asked you out?" Jordan's voice sounded almost hurt and I felt a slight twist in my gut. Why would he sound hurt at that?
"Yeah, last night." I said softly as I looked up at him nervously.
"What did you say to him?" He asked through slightly clenched teeth as he tried to stay nonchalant about it.
"I said yes."
"Oh."
And with that, Jordan stood up and left without so much as a goodbye, leaving me so confused and anxious.

Alex's Point of View.

I woke up the next morning feeling completely refreshed and the happiest I had in a while. I'd finally gotten through to Tay and she agreed to be my girlfriend!
"Alex?" Jack called from the front as I sat up slowly.
"Yeah?" I called back as I pushed my hair out of my face.
"Just making sure you were up. Want a coffee or breakfast?" He asked.
"Coffee sounds great," I smiled and slid out of the bunk, stretching as I went to the front where Jack was preparing my coffee. "Thank you."
"Anytime." He chuckled and handed it to me, motioning for me to sit next to him on the couch. "So, tell me about the night."
A smile instantly spread over my face. "Man, it was the most perfect night ever. We sat up on the bus and we played songs for each other, I taught her how to play a few chords, I kissed her and then I asked her to be my girlfriend."
"Sounds like a hell of a time. Did you figure out what you're going to do about Mike?"
My smile faded a bit as I shook my head, "no. I don't know what to do about him. He really doesn't like the fact that we're together. I don't know why. I mean, I thought we were starting to become friends until last night."
"Maybe he's jealous. Tay is a beautiful girl." Jack pointed out.
"Hey man, not trying to steal my girlfriend are you?" I joked before sighing. "I know she is, but I don't think that's the case, Jack."
"Not at all, she's yours. But you never know, he could just be jealous of you."
"Maybe you're right. Should I go talk to him?"
"If you want to, but don't try to piss him off if you want to get through to him."
"Why would I try to piss him off?" I asked, a little confused.
"Dude, you practically antagonized Tay for the longest time. You purposely pissed her off, and did it well. Just don't try that with Mike. Remember, you're trying to get him to like you, not hate you."
I groaned under my breath. "I'll keep that in mind. Thanks, Jack." I muttered and stood up to go get a quick shower and change my clothes.
-
After I finished straightening my hair, I headed over to We Are The In Crowd's bus. If Mike wasn't willing to talk, at least I'd get to see Tay.
I gave the door a few knocks before stepping back and waiting. Eventually, Jordan pulled open the door and his expression dropped even more than it already had.
"Are you okay?" I asked, not bothering to ask about Mike or Tay until I was sure he was alright.
"I'm fine." He said shortly. "I'm guessing you're looking for Tay?" He asked quietly, not meeting my gaze and I fought the urge to raise my eyebrow.
"No, actually I'm here to see Mike. Is he in?"
"Yeah, come on in." He said half-heartedly as the taller boy moved to the side to make room for me to get through the door.
"Thanks," I said as he directed me to the back lounge where Mike was. Here goes nothing.
"Mike?" I called as I opened the door hesitantly, seeing his head snap up, causing me to cringe.
"What?" He asked, a faint growl in his tone.
I swallowed hard and stepped into the room, closing the door behind me. "Can we talk?"
"About?" He looked at me impatiently.
Sighing, I leaned back against the door and crossed my arms. "Is there a reason you hate me all of a sudden? You definitely weren't acting like this before. We were drinking together the other night and you were having a great time. What did I do?"
Mike glared up at me. "Look, Gaskarth. I think you're a chill guy when it comes to hanging out. Not when it comes to being in a relationship with one of my best friends and band mates. We all know you're going to fuck and leave her as soon as this tour is over."
My eyes widened, shocked that he'd said that. "Mike, it's not like that. I care about her, a lot."
"Don't act fucking surprised. We all know about your past. Think about it. You've done the same thing to Lisa. You are with her when you're home but break up, fuck the first vagina you see and then go crawling back to her. I'm not letting you do that to Tay."
My face soon turned from shocked to guilty. So my past with women wasn't the best, but it wasn't like that this time. "Please, Mike. I'm not about to make any excuses. I know that I did that in the past, but things are different. Lisa and I aren't a thing and won't ever be again." I assured him, but Mike was clearly not convinced.
"Tay's dealt with enough shit in her life, she doesn't need some prick coming in, fucking with her emotions and leaving her without a second thought once we get back home." He growled at me, keeping his voice low.
"I won't do that to her. I don't know how to convince you of that but you have to believe me. I care about Tay more than you, or anyone - including Tay - knows. Please, you have to believe me." I said, voice dropping to a desperate plea at the end.
"I don't. Now just get out of my fucking face." He muttered and adjusted the volume on the television.
My gaze dropped back to the floor as I stepped out, running into a shorter figure dressed in a robe.
"Shit," a shrill voice said as she caught herself before looking up. "Alex?"
"Tay, hey!" I greeted, blushing when I realized she'd probably just gotten out of the shower since her hair was still wet.
"I wasn't expecting you here." She said with a soft blush painting her cheeks. Wow, could she be any more adorable?
"Yeah, I kind of dropped by without warning. I'm sorry." I chuckled softly, rubbing the back of my neck awkwardly.
"It's okay." she smiled up at me. "Are you alright?"
"I'm fine." I said quickly, not wanting to worry her.
"Did something happen?" she asked, peering behind me into the lounge I'd emerged from a moment ago.
"It's nothing to worry about." I said, giving her a smile.
"If you say so…" she said reluctantly. "I'm going to get dressed quickly, make yourself at home."
I gave her a small nod and went to the front, figuring it was better than sitting in the same room as Mike again. A few minutes later, Tay appeared in the front, hair in a messy bun and some comfortable clothes adorning her small frame. She could pull off anything and still look beautiful. Tay padded over to me, sitting next to me on the couch and curling her legs up under her.
"What do you want to do today?" she asked as she leaned into my side a little.
"Anything you want." I said with a small smile as I kissed her hair softly, breathing in her strawberry-scented shampoo subtly.
"Do you want to watch a movie or something while we drive?" she asked, looking up at me with a smile that crinkled her eyes the slightest. It was so adorable.
"I'd love to." I grinned. "But do you mind if we do it on my bus?"
"Why?" she asked, eyebrows furrowed slightly.
I shrugged nonchalantly, a frown tugging at my lips though I worked to hide it. "Less crowded."
Tay shrugged in response. "Alright, if you want to. I'm sure your screen and couches are bigger anyway." she laughed, the sound like music to my ears.
"Let's go then." I grinned and tugged on her hand after she told the rest of her band she might not be back until the next few stops came around. It was hard to ignore Mike's glare and Jordan's hurt expression. I was utterly confused.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't want this to be stolen, so Copyright 2013©

Thanks for reading!
Follow me on Tumblr: xxashley6xx.tumblr.com
I follow back ♥