Status: Active

You're Not Quite Satan

Chapter 5

Tay's Point of View

Breakfast had never been more awkward. Not for me, anyway. I was at a table next to Jordan but Alex insisted on sitting across from me. Of course, that instantly pissed me off, no matter how hard I tried to hide it. The entire meal he was sending me smug looks and snide comments that made my blood boil on the inside, but I shook him off each time. I must've been shaking, because Jordan put his hand on my knee and gave it a light squeeze and I finally noticed it. I shot him an apologetic look and went back to eating silently.
"So, Tay." Alex started and I clenched my fork tighter. "We bunking again tonight?" he smirked and I shot my head up. Man, if looks could kill, he really would be six feet under.
"Shut up, Alex. No one cares," I snapped at him and Jordan squeezed my knee again.
"I mean, you basically came crawling right to me," he chuckled and threw me a wink.
"It wouldn't have happened if Jack didn't fucking snore," I snapped and I could tell Jack looking down with a small blush, and I felt a little bad, but Alex was getting on my last nerve.
"Alright, Alex. That's enough." Jordan said calmly. "Can we have one civil meal? Please?" he sighed. I glanced at his face and I could tell he was annoyed. To anyone who hadn't known Jordan as long as I had, it would seem as though he were calm. However, the slight pull at his lips and tensing of his jaw muscles told me otherwise.
"Fine," Alex said dramatically, earning a nudge in the ribs from Jack. I gave Jack a small smile before going back to my food, finishing the last little bit before throwing some cash on the table. "Use that for my meal, I'm going for a walk." I said and stood, before walking to the door.
I'd started walking down the street for a while when I felt a hand grabbing my arm. Instantly, I turned around and kneed the person in the crotch.
"Fuck, Tay! What the hell?" the voice groaned and I finally registered it as Alex, and couldn't help the smirk that appeared on my face.
"Shouldn't sneak up on me," I shrugged and crossed my arms. "Why are you following me?"
"It's not a good idea for you to be walking on your own in a city you don't know." he said and wrapped an arm around my waist. I shoved his arm away from me and recrossed my arms.
"Alex, get away from me." I said calmly.
"I don't know, it's a pretty nice day and I kind of want to walk this way." he gestured in the direction I was walking.
"Alright, you do that." I said and turned to walk the other way, groaning when I heard his footsteps following me again. "I'm serious. Leave me alone."
Alex sighed softly and I glanced at his face to see the smug look gone. Last time that happened, it looked like he was hurt. But that was ridiculous, he had nothing to be hurt by. "At least let me walk you back to the bus." he said quietly and I rolled my eyes.
"No touching, or talking. Same as last night." I said finally and pushed past him so I was walking ahead, though he quickly sped up the pace and walked alongside me, earning another exasperated groan.
We walked in silence for the rest of the way and I got onto the bus silently, going to Jack's bunk to listen to music. I could hear Alex climbing up to the bunk above the one I was in and bit my lip. It was his bunk, he had every right to be there. I just wish it wasn't so close to me.
I needed to get this whole situation figured out, but it could wait until he stopped being such an ass.

Alex's Point of View.

I climbed into the bunk and started humming quietly. I had to admit, I didn't even mind We Are The In Crowd's music, so I wasn't that surprised when I found myself humming "Kiss Me Again". Involuntarily, my thoughts drifted to Tay, and I imagined what it would be like to kiss those soft lips. A huge part of me was really jealous of Jordan; he was around her and he got to sing with her all the time. I wish we had that connection.
A while later, Jack pulled the curtain back and looked at me. "What's going on with you, man?" he asked, a concerned look crossing his features.
"Nothing," I shrugged nonchalantly and turned my gaze back to the roof. That didn't stop him, and I never really expected it to.
"Tell me, Alex." he insisted, crossing his arms. Sighing, I slid from my bunk.
"Fine, but not here." I murmured and led him to an empty area of the bus and sat on the couch. "I.. I don't know, she just drives me crazy, y'know?"
"You're falling for her, aren't you?" he said bluntly.
"What? No! And even if I was, she hates me. It wouldn't do anything for me at all." I said, looking down at the end of my sentence.
"Stop trying to piss her off, maybe it'll do something for you." he said simply and stood up. "Just think about it at least." and then he retreated to the lounge with everyone else, leaving my head in my hands as I groaned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't want this to be stolen, so Copyright 2013©

Thanks for reading!
Follow me on Tumblr: xxashley6xx.tumblr.com
I follow back ♥