Status: Please tell me what you think. :)

Always Away

1/1

Image

The young genius and beautiful dance teacher laid in bed, sound asleep to the bliss of each other. Her head filled with red curls was on his bare chest, both of his arms securely around the girl he was crazy about.

The two adults met in a book store, where Dr. Spencer Reid, agent of the Behavioural Analysis Unit, was looking for a book to read on the way down to Maryland. Reading made the plane ride go by faster, and to him, it meant getting to the crime faster and catching the unsub.

While looking through Shakespeare, Spencer was too busy reading the spines of the books that he was oblivious to him running into a gorgeous, twenty four year old, nearly knocking her over.

~*~


"Oh, jeez!" Katelyn said as a tall, lanky man practically body checked her. The book she was buying dropped to the floor, and she went to pick it up, when she saw another hand reach for it.

"I-I'm sorry," Spencer said, handing the beautiful girl her book back. She smiled, sending him off the edge. She had red auburn, curly hair which went straight past her shoulders and chest. She was skinny, but wasn't stick thin. She had curves, and very muscular legs. Spencer had never seen someone so illuminating like he did Katelyn in his life.

"It's totally fine," she said, taking his whole look in. He had brown hair just past his ears, with a slight curl to them. He wore a pale blue button up, with a sweater vest; tie tucked in. He had on black converse, making him appear even taller. He wore a gun at his right hip. Katelyn had already decided that for a nerdy type, he was attractive.

"I- uh... is the book okay?" he asked, mentally face palming himself. He was never good with girls; they thought he was too skinny, his hair was weird and talked too much.

Katelyn laughed, making Spencer lose a tad bit of his nervousness. She examined the book before looking back up at him.

"It seems that it's alright," she said, making Spencer smile slightly. "Good thing you reminded me to check. I hate when books have a ripped page, or a corner is bent.. ugh. It pisses me off, really."

Spencer couldn't help but let out a laugh. She joined in laughing too, not taking her eyes off his.

"I'm Katelyn," she said, holding out her tiny hand.

He took his hand in hers, practically engulfing it.

"Dr. Spencer Reid," he said, surprised he didn't stutter.

"You look like you're my age, how are you possibly a doctor?" Katelyn asked, her eyebrows raised.

"I have an I.Q of one hundred and eighty seven," he said again, gaining a bit of confidence his words are coming out how he wants them too.

"Wow, that's amazing!" she said, a bit too loudly. "So, what do you do? I don't supposed you carry that gun around for fun."

And, for almost an hour, the two talked in that very same place. Spencer was late for the plane ride, but with her on his mind, he didn't care.

~*~


His cellphone rang, causing the two to wake up. She groaned, rolling off of him, knowing what the call was about. He was getting called to another case.

"Okay Hotch, I'll be there in twenty," he said, sighing slightly. He placed the phone back on the nightstand, turning to face her. "I-"

"You have to go, it's important, I'll be home soon, yeah yeah yeah. I've heard it all before Spence," she cut him off, not looking into his eyes. He'd been home for one day and one night, and already he had to leave. As much as she loved him, she was getting pretty sick of him being called away.

"Katelyn," he whispered, feeling guilt rise through the pit of his stomach.

She jumped out of bed, putting a housecoat on before walking into the kitchen. She started making herself a tea, then heard footsteps behind her.

"I'm sorry, Kate," he said, already dressed and ready to go. She checked the time. 5:46.

"This time, you were home one day!" she said sarcastically, but feeling tears gather up in her green eyes.

He looked at her with guilt washed over his face. But, he was slightly mad at how she said it.

"It's my job," he said, slightly angry. "It's important."

"Yeah, and what I am to you, Spencer?" She turned to face him, her eyebrows raised.

"You're my girlfriend," he said, staring deep into her eyes.

"Spence, you're never here. You're always away. I feel like we're drifting apart..."

She had to pause slightly to regain control over herself. "I know that it's your job, but you've been so busy, going all around the world, while I sit here, in this small ass apartment, doing nothing. We've barely spent any time together, and you probably don't even give the slightest damn about me anymore." Her words stabbed his heart. "Since you've been home, we've hardly talked. Hell, we haven't had a conversation for probably three months."

"Katelyn-"

"What happened to my talkative, flirty Spencer that I first met at the book store? Who would come home from a case with chinese food and a movie that sucked balls. Who would kiss me for the hell of it. Who would making me a coffee in the morning even though he had to leave for worK. Where is that guy? Where's the guy I fell madly in love with?"

He thought through the words that came out of her mouth. She was right. Where had his head been? He barely kissed her when he got home; he barely touched her. She tried, but he pushed her away. He had always loved her, but for the last few months, it was like she was just... there.

Spencer left the kitchen, leaving Katelyn to be even more pissed and tears falling silently down her face. She picked up her tea, about to walk into the study when she overheard him talking.

"JJ, I'm sorry, but Katelyn isn't feeling well and needs me right now. I'll see you guys in a few days."

She heard footsteps again, and ran back into the kitchen. She stood there, sipping her tea, waiting for him to enter once again.

He walked into the kitchen, pyjamas back on, and a serious look on his face. He walked straight up to her placing the mug on the counter.

His lips crashed onto hers, giving her the passion she's been wanting for so long. He's wanted it, too. He pulled away, looking sternly into her eyes.

"Don't you dare say I don't give a damn about you," he said, giving her another heated kiss. "Don't you dare think that you don't mean the world to me." He kissed her once more, not caring about breathing. "I, am so fucking in love with you it's insane. I don't know what the hell has gotten into me, but I'm going to figure it out, and push it aside to show you how much I need you, how much I love you, and how much you mean to me."

Their bodies slammed together as their lips met once again. Her fingers ran through his hair, and his fingers pressed into her lower back, making her release a moan.

"For the next few days, it's just going to be me and you," he said, pulling her even closer to him, if that was even possible.

"Show me that the Spencer I love is still there," she whispered, their lips only millimetres apart.

"Your wish is my command, beautiful."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi!
This is my second Spencer Reid one shot, and I really hope that you like it!
Please let me know what you think, and if I should keep on writing these!
Also, feel free to read my other one shot, Seven Days Apart.
Thanks for reading! :)