Status: All done my loves

You're the Drug & I'm Addicted

And she's in love with him, but lovers' don't always win

[3rd person

“Please leave a—“ Throwing her phone in the corner of the room, she lets out a sigh of frustration. For the millionth time tonight, she’s left to his answering machine. All she wanted was to hear his voice, the comforting sounds of hope for the last time.

Since the night he had walked away from her, he’d left for tour and wouldn’t be back for another three months. Before he left, he tried calling her but she wasn’t ready to face him. His words fumbled through her mind as a constant reminder, “That’s all you do, Harlow. That’s what you’re best at, running…” she wasn’t going to run this time. “Whatever Harlow, keep running like a coward that you are, just this time I won’t be there to catch you.”

Soon enough he won’t have to carry the burden he’d carried for the past three years.

All she wanted was his welcoming arms to envelope her, for him to take her back, for him to love her again.

Was it too late?

Looking down at directions she’d just jotted down, she pulled on her winter coat and headed to her car. She wasn’t going to leave things where they were left between the two. He meant too much to her to let things end that way.

Pulling out of her driveway, she starts driving up north to Boston, where Bring Me the Horizon will be playing their show. It’ll be a three and a half hour drive from New York.
Was it too late to make amends?

~


As he loads the rest of the equipment into the trailer, fans surrounded him and the rest of the band wanting their pictures taken along with autographs. Closing the latch on the door, he backed away falling into the swarm of screaming fans.

Putting a smile onto his face, he posed for pictures. There might be a happy smile on his face but in the inside he was hurting. He’d left his girlfriend when she needed him, he might have said some hurtful things but it had to come out sooner or later. He loved the girl to death but it was all getting old, seeing bruises and scars all over her body only hurt him. He doesn’t want to see the love of his life put herself in harm’s way. There just comes a point where he needs to let her go, that’s what’s best for her. The two of them together will only hurt them both.

As the crowd shifted towards the back alley, he’s grabbed into a picture. Plastering a smile onto his face, he pretended to be listening to the crowd surrounding him. Flash after flash, pen after pen, he let his eyes close for a brief moment. Reopening them, they focus to the corner of the venue. There stood an ohh too familiar figure beneath the street lamp. Her long hair lies gently on her shoulder, while her frail arms wrapped around her torso.

Oliver quickly finished signing the last picture that was violently shoved before his face. Politely excusing himself, he pulled away walking towards the girl. As he approaches her, she’s dragged by the arm deeper into the alley.

Flinching from his harsh grasp, she followed him willingly. She hadn’t planned for him to see her so soon.

“What are you doing here, Harlow?” He asked not letting go of her arm. The way he held onto her arm made her crave his touch even more.

She looked up from the concrete ground. “I drove here to see you.” She stated simply shrugged. She drove all the way here for him. His heart melted at her words, this was why he loved the girl.

Taking in her presence, he was ready to take her back into his life and hold her. For a split second, he drew back the thought of letting her go, which was present till he saw the cut on her head. Moving a strand of hair behind her ear, he stared down at the fresh wound. That triggered the anger that was once there, back.

Knowing he had seen the cut, she placed her hand on top of his, taking the coarse feeling of his knuckles. She thought back to hours before…

“Can’t you ever do a damn thing right?” He snarled clenching the roots of her hair. The smell of whiskey hits her harder than the small of her back against the granite counter.

His eyes darkened, with a glossy coat on the surface. His perfectly combed hair sat neatly on his structured head. His pearly white teeth gritted together, forcing a crease onto his forehead.

She bit her lip, trying to break from his gnarly grasp. But his bold hands only tugged harder, allowing a high pitch screech escape her lips.

“I asked you to do one thing,” he bashed her head against the cherry wood cabinet. “One damn thing,” then followed by another. She could feel blood slowly drip from her scalp, onto her lips. The sharp metal substance taste roamed her tongue. “And you couldn’t even do it right!”

Her petite body began to elevate from the tiled flooring, just enough so their eyes met. Her tear stained face shook violently, losing herself into his black orbs.

With one last grunt, he tossed her against the back door. Her body limply slid down, head drooped helplessly. Her long hair shielded her from the sight before her.

“Piece of shit,” he muttered, searching the fridge for a beer. Tossing the contents to the side, the door slammed shut. “Where’s all my beer, damn it!”

She held onto her head, letting the warm blood pool into the palm of her hands. Not waiting for an answer, he stomped to the cabinet pulling out a bottle of gin and shot glass. The sound a glass sounded through the room, as a once whole glass shattered into millions of itty bitty pieces—followed by a string of profanities, hitting the air left and right.

As Harlow gained her composure, he walked by—his muscular body towered over. With one sift motion, his leather shoes came in contact with her stomach.

“Ah!” she yelped, clenching onto her side. The scorching pain seared into her side, as blood continued to descend from her head.

Marching out of the kitchen, he headed towards the stairs leading to the basement. Before stepping away, he let the next few words sear into her brain. “Worthless bitch,” he muttered, the door
sauntered closed behind him as he walked down the narrow staircase. “Just like her mother
.”

“Did he do that to you?” he breathed, trying to stay calm. She slowly shook her head, but he backed away roughly. “Don’t lie to me, Harlow.”

“I—“ he looked at her dead in the eyes waiting for the answer he knew too well. Shaking his head, he backed away a little more. “You went back.”

She shook uncontrollably, trying to grab his hands. “Oliver please—“

“No,” he breathed heavily. “I can’t do this anymore.”

She cried letting his words sink in. “You don’t—“

“No, I do mean it,” his fist clenched into a ball, trying to refrain his anger. “I’m sick of this; I’m done seeing you throw yourself back into a black hole. I’m done seeing you suffer; you don’t know what it does to me. You don’t know what you do to me!”

Seeing the tears escape from her eyes only killed him more. He knew what he was doing was best for them, but seeing the person you love suffer like this hurts too much.

“I’m sorry,” she said nodding slowly. More and more tears trickled down her face. “I-I love you, forever.”

I love you too

He watched as she walked down the dark alley, slowly away from the venue…slowly away from him. Her petite body disappeared into the darkness, his eyes swelled with tears. He loved her enough to let her go.

Hopefully one day she would understand why he did what he did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Harlow

Title Credit: The Fray 'Fighter'

One more chapter guys! How do you think this will all end? Last chapter in the next couple of hours! Pot twist coming your way! ~Andrea