London Leaks

Company Luncheons

When Lydia found out that Anna had recommended her for the job at the magazine, she was absolutely ecstatic. Of course, her best friend would know just the perfect job for her, and not just that, but be able to get it for her too.

Lydia was excited to get down and dirty with all the gossip, sneak her way into Hollywood parties, and do whatever else it took to get the scoop on all the hottest celebrities. Could it really even be called a job? Because it seemed more like a vacation for Lydia.

Just three days after she’d gotten the call that she got the job, it was decided that all the gossip girls would meet for a luncheon, and that was why Lydia was trying to pick out her best outfit. Anna already knew that Lydia was somewhat of a fashionista, but she still had the other girls to impress.

After deciding on a dress and a cute pair of heels, Lydia hopped into her car and headed to the small bistro just south of London Leaks’ office, where they had all agreed to meet. She spotted Anna almost immediately, who was sitting at one of the outside tables, which had an umbrella hung gently over it to block the sun. Anna was sitting with four other girls, none of which Lydia knew.

“Am I late?” Lydia asked, smiling as she walked up to the table.

Anna shook her head, chuckling a bit. “Just barely made it.” She looked at the other girls before turning back to Lydia. “This is Lydia. She’s the friend I was talking about.”

“Only good things, I hope,” Lydia joked, pulling out a chair and taking the seat next to her friend. The other girls smiled at her and each of them took turns ordering their meals.

They all seemed nice enough, and Lydia couldn’t wait to get started working with them. She just hoped that there would be someone to be her partner in crime, because Anna had never really been as rebellious as she was.

“So, let’s do an introduction, our names and why we joined the magazine,” Lydia said, as she took a sip from the cup of water she had ordered. “I’ll go first. I’m Lydia,” Anna responded with a “hi Lydia” that made the girl roll her eyes. “Anna got me the job and I gladly accepted because I can never get enough gossip.”

The red head was the next to answer, giving a soft smile as she pointed to the camera on her lap. “I’m Colleen and I’m a photographer,” she said, “I figured this was the perfect opportunity to get my foot in the door and hopefully get my career off the ground.”

Anna went next, smiling at Lydia though she already knew the answer. “Anna,” she said, “though you guys already knew that. I just needed a change of pace. It just works for me.”

“Delilah, but I go by Lily,” the brunette said, twisting her hair in her fingers as she spoke. “My aunt works for the mag and she asked me to help out. I couldn’t really say no.”

The last girl in the group was quiet, either avoiding the introduction or not realizing it was her turn. Anna turned to her, giving her a big grin. “What about you?”

“I go by Dez,” the girl said, “I don’t really have a reason I joined,” she answered quickly, her fingers tapping against her cup. “Just wanted to, I guess.”

That seemed like a fair enough answer to everyone else, and after the introductions were out of the way, the girls were chatting up a storm, and Lydia could tell that they were all going to be fast friends.