Status: I had this story laying around, sorry if it's not so good, feel free to comment with suggestions :)

Heaven Help Us

It's Not The Life it Seems

[Gerard]

"I want to see you," Nicole's voice screeched on the other end of the phone.

"I wish I could leave, but family's over."

She let out an annoyed sigh,"Fine, but I want to see you tomorrow."

"Why don't you just call Ryan or something."

"I don't want to see him, I want to see you..."

I paused for a moment, "I think we should stop while we're ahead."

"But I'm having so much fun," She said in a faux whining voice.

"This life you're trying to have isn't as it seems, someone could really get hurt," By someone I meant me.

"Oh Gerard, relax. Aren't we having fun? Yes. has Ryan found out? No. And he never will as long as you keep your mouth shut."

"You really are wearing me out," I said running my fingers though my hair.

"And if you want to keep it that way you'll drop the subject."

"Gerard sweetie come here for a second," My mom called from upstairs.

"I have to go, my mom needs me."

"Call me later?"

"Yeah, sure."

I hung up and walked up the stairs.

"Yeah," My mom was smiling as she held something in her hands.

"I need you to run to the store and get more napkins."

"Mom all the stores are closed."

"Not the gas station..."

I sighed and grabbed my jacket, "I'll be back in a few minutes."

[Eliza]

"Yeah it's fun," I said to Frank who was visiting family in New Brunswick.

"I miss you,"

"It's only been a day," I said laughing.

"Still, I miss seeing you."

"Well you'll be back in three days right? You'll see me then, the three of us can all go get burgers or something."

"Why not just the two of us?"

"Well, I don't wanna leave Mikey out, and I think he has a girlfriend, but you know Mikey-he likes to keep his privacy, maybe we can do a double date."

"Yeah, that sounds...fun." He said sounding a little more than disappointed.

I looked over to Ray who was holding a bottle of pills.

"Anyways, I gotta go Frankie."

"Okay. I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Bye."

"I love you."

My heart stopped for a second and I just stood there holding the phone. Even after the dial tone. He said those three words, 'I love you'. Why did he have to say those words?

"Are you okay?" Ray said tossing me the nearly empty bottle.

"Frankie just said he loves me..."

"And that's a problem? I though you liked Frank."

"I do, but I don't love him. How could I? We've only been dating for a couple of months."

"Maybe you should talk to him."

"Why," I said putting a pill in my mouth and swallowing water, "So he can profess his love for me? No thanks."

"Can you really blame him though? You're so adorable!" He joked as he cuddled me.

"I am not adorable. I'm vicious." I said biting at one of his fingers.

"All I know is, if you don't talk to Frankie he's gonna get the wrong idea..."

"Yeah, I guess so,"

I put my hair in a ponytail and changed into my pajamas.

***
"Frankie!" I practically screamed running up to him. I really did miss him, I mean I liked him a lot and the whole thing with Gerard and I was probably never gonna happen anyway.

He caught me in a hug and kissed me, "I missed you so much."

He put me down and smiled, "Notice anything new?"

I looked and saw a lip ring.

"When did you get that?"

"Saturday, my mom took me as a late birthday present."

"It's cute, I like it."

"I got gauges too."

I looked and saw the black gauges in both his ears, "Going full out punk on me Iero?"

"You know I am."

He and Mikey did the 'bro-hug' thing and we all went out for pizza.
[Gerard]

"Nicole I think we should stop," I said placing my hand's on her hips.

"Why?" He voice was covered by heavy breathing.

"Because it's wrong and if Ryan finds out-"

"He won't find out!"

"It's easy for you, you're not the one he's gonna kick the living shit out of."

"Look Gerard, I can have any guy I want and I picked you, do you know how lucky you are?"

I looked at her. This girl I used to love so much. I would literally die for her and she say's I'm 'lucky' to have her. Not even all of her.

"When are you gonna finally get it: it's not the life it seems."

"Gerard I love you."

I didn't know what to do. Maybe she really meant it.

"I'm gonna break up with Ryan first think Monday morning, but can we just please finish this?"

I nodded and she smiled before leaning in and kissing me.

****
"Gee baby," Nicole said whispering in my ear.

I rolled my eyes, she was starting to annoy me. Two months after she said she'd leave Ryan and: nothing. They're still together and he still beats the hell out of me on a daily basis. It's gotten much worse though. I don't think he knows about Nicole and I-I think he just thinks we're friends. Either way I'm getting punished for something I don't wanna be part of. Eliza and I are...friends to say the least. We've started hanging out more and more. I guess you could say I like her. I mean she's like the part of me that's been missing-not in the romantic sense, but she's my polar opposite. Loud, outgoing, funny, smart-perfect. I'm glad she's with Frank, but at the same time I wish they weren't together. He deserves her and they make a cute couple I guess, but when we're together I just-I don't know.

"Are we still on for tonight?"

"Actually, Eliza and I were going to go to a art gallery tonight, wanna come?"

"No thanks."

I was expecting that.

"You know, you two spend too much time together, are you fucking her?"

"No. Everyone's not like you," I said before realizing it.

"What was that?"

"Nothing...nothing, I just-I gotta go."

I quickly ran off and into Ryan.

"Well well well,"

'Fuck!'

"If it isn't the little piggy that went to the market."

"Good one Ryan," Brendon said slapping his hand.

"I thought I told you to stay away from Nicole?"

"I have-"

"You were /just/ talking to her. I saw you."

"I swear to you I wasn't," I said backing up into a locker.

[Eliza]

I looked out for Gerard, but I didn't see him.

"He should've been out by now," Mikey said looking at his watch.

Ray had stayed home that day so Gerard was giving us a ride home.

"I'm gonna go look for him,"

"Be careful,"

I smiled, "If I'm not back in 30 minutes call the SWAT team."

"Just go."

I ran inside to see Ryan and his flunkies picking on Gerard. Again. Don't bullies ever wanna switch it up? I had gotten pretty tired of this. I mean, Gerard was my friend and he didn't deserve half the shit he's been dealing with.

"Hey!" I said walking over to the small group.

"Eliza I'll be out in a minute, just go-"

"Ryan..." I began, "this isn't very nice. Picking on pathetic kids, you're better than that."

"How do you know-"

"Some one as strong as yourself, this isn't a fair fight, why don't you just let him go?"

He looked at me and I made a small smile, "Besides, you wouldn't wanna bruise your hand-"

"Aren't you Iero's girlfriend?"

I nodded.

"Tell his pansy ass that he still owes me."

"Come on, I need to get to practice. This isn't over Way."

The group walked away and I looked over at Gerard, "You're welcome,"

Later on that day at the art gallery I was surprised. There wasn't really anyone there. Just a couple of people who were really into art. I guess it wasn't a popular artist.

"This is really nice," I said walking over to a weird sculpture.

"Yeah, this guy makes amazing stuff,"

"Why don't you ever do anything like this?" I asked referring to the gallery.

He shrugged, "I'm not all that good."

"Bullshit, you're /so/ much better than this guy, no offense to the artist,"

He just shook his head,

"You'll see one of these days, you'll be some famous artist in New York and you'll forget all about the little people."

"What are you talking about? I could never forget you..."

I felt my cheeks get warmer, "I don't know, I'm pretty forgettable."

"Not to me."

I smiled to myself and inched a bit closer to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got the block again