Status: I had this story laying around, sorry if it's not so good, feel free to comment with suggestions :)

Heaven Help Us

Headfirst For Halos

[Eliza]

Monday went by just as Friday had. I went to my first classes and then I went to the lunchroom where I bumped into Mikey.

"There you are, we were looking for you,"

I smiled to myself as Mikey walked me outside.

"I told you, me and my friends sit here."

I had friends!

I sat down on the ground next to frank who was sipping soup from the lid of a thermos.

'Who eats soup in the summer' I though as I pulled out a churro. I loved those things more than life itself! Friend sugary goodness. My mom made them last night and gave both me and Ray three this morning. I sniffed it and sighed.

"What's that?" Mikey asked peeking over his glasses.

"It's a churro, kinda like a fried doughnut."

"Sounds good," Mikey said pulling it from my hand and biting off nearly half and handing it to Frank.

"Hey!"

"We're friends now, no manners for friends." He winked at me and I hit him with a bit of crust.

I looked at Frank, he was actually being quiet. He didn't look like himself.

"Is he okay?" I whispered to Mikey.

"He's just upset because some guys stuffed him in his locker."

"He didn't 'stuff' me in there," Frank said defensively, "I /stood/."

"Awe poor little hobbit."

"Better than looking like Waldo." Frank said referring to Mikey's choice to wear a black and white stripped shirt to day.

"Boys boys, you're both creepy looking." I chimed in.

"Anyways, I'm gonna get him back for this,"

"Who did it?"

"Ryan Del Sarto, I'm pretty sure you've seen him, he's always walking with his girlfriend Nicole, bad fake tan, black hair,"

"You just described 80% of the girls at this school," I said,

"Well you can't miss her, she always wears this thick black eyeliner that make her eyes look like Xbox buttons," Mikey said.

I burst out laughing, "That's mean!"

"Yeah well she's a whore, whores don't feel."

Another wave of laughter fell over me and I doubled over.

[Gerard]

I ran around the track field towards Nicole, but I fell over someone's foot-okay they tripped me- and the whole class started laughing. I looked up and saw Ryan standing next to me.

"Watch it fatass, you could cause a earthquake."

I stood up and looked at Nicole who stood over by her friends. She laughed along with them.

"Asshole," I said under my breath.

"What was that?"

"I said: You're a fucking asshole." Why the fuck did I just say that?

The next course of events were a blur but I ended up in the nurses office.

"I think it's broken."

"It's not broken." She said holding another tissue up to my nose. "you'll be fine, maybe it'll swell and bruise but that'll go away in a couple of days. I'll go call your mother."

She left the room and I tilted my head backwards.

"Hey..."

I looked over to see Nicole standing in the doorway.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just a blood nose and a possible skull fracture."

"Oh, well as long as you're okay, I was thinking you should come over this weekend-you know if you're feeling better."

"I'll be there."

She smiled, "Great, be at my house Friday at eight."

"Okay."

She walked out and I smiled again, thinking of the next time I'd get so see her.

"Go get your things from your locker Mr.Way, your mom's coming."

I stood up and walked down the hall, probably dripping blood the entire way, to my locker. I looked and there was a not stuck to the door, I picked it up and read it:

/Sorry to tell you but, you kinda smell,/

I lifted my other arm and tried to sniff, but it hurt. Great, not only am I fat, but now I smell bad too.

My mom had given me some painkillers she had in her medicine cabinet from when she broke her ankle.

"Now you just go lay down and I'll be down with dinner soon."

"Thanks mom,"

I took both of the pills with one shot of liquor. My head spun faster than it ever had. Everything got blurry and I barely made it to my bed. I laid there feeling nothing. NOTHING. It was the best I had ever felt.
[Eliza]

I turned to my mom, " I had that dream again last night."

She looked down, "It'll get better sweetie, have you been taking your medicine?"

I nodded, " The blue ones. I wish I can just remember what happened, I remember daddy coming into my room that night and then..." I thought really hard, but nothing came to mind.

"I thought the red ones were for at night."

"No, blue. Anyway, they're making me tired so I'm gonna head to bed."

"Alright sweetie,"

I kissed her cheek and went up to my room. I decided to call Frank.

"Hello?"

"Hey it's Eliza,"

"Oh hey," He said perking up a bit.

"I just wanted to see if you were okay, those kids are dicks"

"That's why I say fuck them,"

I giggled,

"Don't worry, it's gonna take more than being put in a locker to get to me, hell if I wanted to I could probably live and have a family of midgets in my locker."

"You're not /that/ short Frankie?"

"What are you talking about? I reach Mikey's shoulder."

"Well Mikey's like a giant."

He laughed a little bit, "Well I gotta go before my mom wakes up, see you in school tomorrow."

"See you,"

"Oh and Eliza."

"Yeah?"

"I like when you call me Frankie," I could tell he was smiling.

Before I could say anything he hung up and I started feeling funny, meds were kicking in. I suddenly got really dizzy and laid there. Good thing to, because I was just starting to remember.

The next day at my locker I saw that kid. His nose was all bandaged up but I could still see a bruise peeking through. He was kind of cute for a chubby guy. I must've been staring because he looked over at me. I got a little scared and walked off, the only thing I heard was him slamming his locker.

After school I went over to Mikey's house, after hearing him talk about his brother I was eager to meet him.

"Mom!" Mikey called after returning from the basement, "Mom, where's Gerard?"

"He went to a friend's house, he'll be back soon."

"I gotta go anyway Mikey, I forgot I had to make dinner tonight," I said grabbing my bag.

"I really wanted you to meet Gerard,"

"I'm sure we'll bump into each other one day,"

"Well see you later,"

"See ya,"

Ray and I both waved and went home.

"Did Mikey ever get back to you on the whole band thing?"

"Not yet, funny, I never hear him talk about his band, I mean, Frank never shuts up about Pencey Prep."

"Well they're not a whole band yet, so they're probably not all that good yet."

We went inside and went to Ray's room to listen to tapes.

"Did you take your-"

"Yes Ray, Jesus, my mother's gone for one night and you turn into her," I joked.

"Well I'd rather act like your mother than have you get sick."

"Awe, you care about me," I said before kissing his cheek.

I held my head, I was getting dizzy, "I need to lie down."

Frank helped me to the bed and I went into a really deep sleep.