Awakened

2

Two years after her accident, Harper continued to be involved in acts of community service. One of her friends moved out to NYC and they shared an apartment together. Dave often came to visit, and they allowed him to shower and eat a substantial dinner whenever they could. Ever since Dave saved Harper's life, Harper had been trying to repay the favor by welcoming him with open arms to her home. She worried for all of the men and women who were stranded on the streets, so it made her worry less to know that Dave was healthy and taken care of. She often escorted them to the free clinic, which helped the homeless stay healthy (among other things). But in the meantime, Harper was determined to find the man who helped her escape her coma. She searched for him, the man with the angelic voice.

"What if I was just really seeing an angel," She said while her friend Christie cleaned up the kitchen.

"You're talking nonsense now, Harp," Her friend laughed as she stacked the plates in the pantry,"If it's meant to be, he'll show up. No sense in worrying about it for your whole life!"

"I know, I just really want to know what he's like...Why he stopped in my room. Why he sang to me..."

"You have plenty of questions for him, don't you?" She joked, sitting at the table across from Harper.

"I just want to meet him. That's all. I want to thank him," Harper said, finishing her dinner.

"I know, Harp," Christie said, sighing, "But hey, I got some tickets to this show, and John may or may not have gotten us backstage where there are some adorable leading men."

John was the typical friendzoned guy. He loved Christie ever since they met in middle school. When she moved to NYC, he moved and got a job at a theater as a backstage hand. He got Christie tickets all the time to see her favorite shows, hoping that their relationship would change. With Christie's 'wild child' personality, that was never going to change but he kept trying to change her mind.

"Ah. That's cool. What is it?"

"Catch Me If You Can. It's tomorrow night. Wanna be my hot date?" Christie asked, winking across the table. Harper smiled.

"I suppose so. Might as well get my mind off of the stranger," she said, as she put her dishes up and walked back to her bed room after saying good night to Christie.

She walked around her room, pondering what to wear. She wanted to look very well put together, but didn't want to go overboard.

She put together an outfit and headed to bed.

----

Harper woke up the next morning to her phone's alarm. She had to turn in some final homework for her last class of the year, so she had to wake up exceptionally early. She turned in the homework and began to surf the internet and look up the men who would be in the night's performance. After a few hours of stalking the attractive men, she went to her room to begin getting ready. She jumped in the shower. After she finished, she heard Christie walk into the living room and she went to get ready. Harper walked into her bedroom and put on the outfit then sat in the living room and waited for Christie. Christie came out in a dress that didn't leave anything to the imagination. Christie and Harper were very different when it came to their personalities. Harper was a more reserved person than Christie. Christie would be one to party all night while Harper would be the one who would prefer to remember what the night consisted of. They walked to the theater, with Harper on the side of the sidewalk closest to the buildings. Harper was honestly scared of the traffic now, and only dared try to cross when she absolutely had to. The walked up to the theater which already had a line stretching for about a half a mile. Doors hadn't opened yet, but the girls were right on time. They walked straight up to the door and flashed their VIP tickets and the doors were opened. Whenever the doors opened, Harper looked around like a child in a toy shop. It was such a beautiful theater, and since architecture went hand in hand with History she studied it quite a bit. She appreciated small things, such as how a building was constructed. Christie walked to the stage and Harper followed suit. It was like a ghost town. The girls walked onto the stage as Christie walked up to John and started talking to him. Harper turned to look at all of the empty rows and couldn't believe that someone would have the guts to preform in front of so many people. Harper greeted John and the girls were escorted to their seats. When the show started, Harper couldn't take her eyes off of the lead character. Then she heard him sing.

Her eyes opened wider. Could this be? It was the voice. It was him. The man who saved her. She looked over at Christie and smacked her shoulder.

"That's him Christie," She smiled.

"Well you'll finally get to meet him I suppose," Christie said, smiling and grabbing Harper's hand. Two years of worrying and searching and the mystery may be over.

---

Harper didn't know what to expect. She searched for this mystery man, but she didn't know what she expected him to be like. She had never really given any thought to it. In her head, she imagined a man with a question mark for a head and never really gave it much thought. So as she sat backstage, waiting for these actors to greet them she anticipated the awkward topic. 'Hello, I believe you were the man who woke me from my coma two years ago with your angelic voice. If this isn't weird enough already, I think you're crazy attractive." She shook the thoughts away. She couldn't mess this up. Two years is a long time to be searching and potentially mess up everything. He walked in alongside Christie as she introduced them.

"Aaron Tveit, this is my best friend, Harper Johnson," She said tapping her shoulder and motioning for her to stand up. She could barely move, but she walked toward him.

"You look familiar..." Aaron said, his brain searching for places he could have seen that lovely face before. His brain was racing. But he slowly started to piece things together. He remembered the sheet of paper that her name was scribbled on. He remembered the girl in the coma, but how could the beautiful girl in front of him ever be compared to the girl he saw with bruises all over her face. How could that be the girl he sang to in the hospital. He looked around and noticed that they were in the room by themselves. She cleared her throat and he snapped back to reality.

"I liked your performance. I love your voice," She said, trying hard to keep the conversation about him.

"You've heard it before..." He said, looking into her blue-gray eyes, "I was getting a check-up in the immediate care center at the hospital...I saw you laying in a hospital bed and I sang to you."

"You woke me from my coma. I've been searching for you for two years," She said, relieved that he knew who she was and the awkward explanations didn't happen. He held her in a tight embrace. Once he let go, he took in her appearance. She looked nothing like she did two years ago. She was still just as beautiful, if not more beautiful than she was before. He spun her around to admire her outfit and smiled, pulling her closer to him.

"You're beautiful Harper," He whispered in her ear. She hugged him and couldn't let go. She had been searching for him for so long that she was scared to let go. She was scared he would disappear and that all of this would be a dream. She looked up at him and smiled. He was the happiest he had been since he had his first role in a musical production. He was ecstatic. So ecstatic that he gave her his number and walked her home to ensure her safety. She was now his most prized possession. He didn't know why he felt that way so quickly, but something about her almost dying opened his eyes and forced him to love quickly - something he had not done since Theresa. Something he was scared of.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY THEY FOUND EACH OTHER HAPPY DANCE!