Awakened

4

Aaron could not believe how insightful Harper was. Every word she said gave him hope and all of her actions were so deliberate, so well planned. She was one for doing something right the first time, no mistakes. He began to pick up on her OCD tendencies throughout their conversation. Her eyes would slowly make their way around the room every so often, looking for things that could be slightly out of place. And every time she apologized in the sweetest voice as she gracefully stood up and adjusted the object that was troubling her. She had such amazing features about her personality that drew him in more. He was becoming addicted - one thing that could lead him down a good or bad trail. They sat in her room and talked about everything for a few hours. Aaron started to look through her movies sitting on her bedside table.

"You have quite a selection," He chucked, looking at her collection of Disney movies, leading to Harry Potter movies, and slowly making their way into random movies.

"I know, I know, it's a strange group of movies. I don't like only having one genre that I have to stick to," She said, looking through the stacks as well.

"How about I pick the first movie, and you pick the second?" He said, smiling.

"Sounds good!" She said, sitting on her bed and leaning back onto her cushioned headboard. She smiled as Aaron placed the mystery movie in the blu-ray player. She still couldn't believe that she was becoming so enamored with him. His tall figure, his soothing voice, his gorgeous eyes, all within reach. He was still very much a mystery though. He ran back to her bed and covered her eyes.

"Don't open until I say so," He said, smiling towards her. She had no idea what to expect. Her brain instantly went to pondering how Aaron, now a crazy psychopath, would kill her. She tried to hide her fear, rubbing her shaking hands together. He hit play on the remote and told her to open her eyes. He was sitting beside her, with Titanic playing on her flat screen. She smiled.

"I love this movie," She said, leaning back.

"Me too," He said, wrapping an arm around her and pulling her closer towards him. She looked up at him and laughed. "What? It's such a long movie, we might as well be comfortable."

She laughed again, and threw a blanket over her chilled legs. Aaron opted to share with her, as her apartment started to get slightly chilly. She curled up more into Aaron's side and slowly felt her eyes get heavier and heavier.

They had both fallen asleep less than an hour into the movie. Aaron woke up close to the end of the movie, and had determined that a small nap wouldn't affect the day. After all, Titanic was long enough to where he could get closer to her. He liked having her so close to him. He could smell the strawberry scent coming from her hair, infatuating him with it's aroma. He loved being able to hear her slow breaths as she slept. He felt as if he were keeping her safe from the world. Nothing could hurt her while she was in his arms. He would make sure of that. He continued to watch Harper sleep. He felt as if he were a creep, but he wanted to make sure the dreams she was having weren't bad dreams. He searched for a sign of distress on her face, and after finding none he finished watching the movie. He set an alarm on his phone for two hours later and slowly laid Harper down on her side of the bed. He laid down beside her, carefully wrapping an arm around her. She curled into her previous position and he nestled beside her.

Hours later they both woke up, surprised at the hours they spent asleep. Harper wandered into the hallway to see if Christie was awake, and to her delight Christie was sitting at the table looking over a takeout menu. After checking with Aaron and getting his order, she scribbled down everything on a post it while Christie placed her order. Harper threw the post it in Christie's face, and Christie obliged, ordering food for Harper and Aaron. After she hung up, Harper hugged her and grabbed her wallet to pay for her food as well as Aaron's. Aaron saw this, and intercepted, giving Christie the money for Harper's food as well as his.

Harper stared at Aaron for a while. She realized she wasn't going to get anywhere by arguing him or trying to make him take her money, so she surrendered and allowed him to pay for the meal.

"Sorry to break up the love fest, but I'm heading over to John's today after I eat," she said, anticipating the look of confusion from Harper's face.

"Well that's quite alright. We can man the fort ourselves," Harper said, continuing to look at Christie and hoping she could get some more information out of her. Christie mouthed 'later', and Harper took that as a cue to loosen up. She did as she was instructed and soon the doorbell rang. Christie paid and brought in the food to the table, grabbing her containers and preparing to leave.

"You know, I'll just head over to John's now, he's been expecting me for a while and I don't want to let him down," She said, slipping on a pair of shoes and walking out of the door to the apartment. Harper was confused with whether or not these words were meant to hurt her, or if the dynamic of John and Christie's relationship was changing. She shrugged it off, she was in the company of Aaron and she didn't want to hurt his feelings after the struggle of finding him. They ate their food with only a few spurts of conversation, but the silence was not awkward. The silence was soothing.

After they finished eating they decided to watch another movie and hopefully not fall asleep. It was Harper's pick, so she placed Beauty and the Beast in her blu ray and ran to join Aaron in her bed. She loved this movie. It had always been her favorite. Aaron chuckled and wrapped his arms around her shoulder as she started the movie. She smiled as soon as the music began playing and began to sing along.

"Oh, isn't this amazing? It's my favorite part because, you'll see, here is where she meets Prince Charming! But she won't discover that it's him 'till chapter three!"

Her voice rang through her ears and Aaron was impressed. Her voice was strong, yet soft at the same time. Not too harsh, but a calming sound. He smiled and sang along, pulling her closer to him.

She was his Disney Princess in disguise.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah guys, notice chapter three is where their relationship really begins and he really starts to love her.

Not that I put that line in on purpose or anything.

:)