Status: One shot for a contest.

Alone.

1/1

Three months ago the world had gone to shit. There was no stopping it. The dead rose to feed on the living and the living joined the ranks of the dead. It was excepted all around. I refused to believe it for the first few weeks but eventually I realized this was our new reality. Everyone that I knew and loved was gone. Some I had to kill myself. But one person was with me. His name was Eric and I had met him in school a few months before this all happened. We had been dating for a month.

"Hey babe." He said walking into the small shop we had fortified. He leaned over and kissed my cheek as I continued to take inventory of our area. This shop was filled with food and medicine, which we ate the fresh produce first. We were both freshman in collage studying to be news reporters. After I finished taking stock I went over to him and gave him a big hug.

"How was it out there?" I asked. He was the one who went for supplies, stating that it was too dangerous for me to go out there.

"I couldn't find anything. I'm thinking about going out again tomorrow to see what I could find." I frowned. I hated that he had to go out more than he did. He kissed my forehead and smiled down at me. "Don't worry, I can handle those creatures. I'm your tough guy remember?" He said which gained him a smile from me as he struck a funny pose. I tussled up his oak colored hair.

"Okay Hercules. Better get your butt to the store room so we can have dinner." I said to him leaving. I had managed to use two cans of our soup to make a pot of chicken noodle soup. It was his favorite, stating that his mom used to make it all the time. I had just finished ladling out the soup as a crash came from the front of the store. I dropped the bowl and ran to see what was wrong. Climbing into the store was about twenty of them.

“Shit!” Screamed Eric as one tried to grab at him. “They must have followed me back.” I panicked. Running back to my sleeping area I picked up the gun that I had gotten from my father as protection before I had to use it to keep him from turning. Scenario’s kept running through my mind as I began to shoot them in the head. I couldn't lose anyone else.

We almost finished them off as three grabbed Eric. They started to rip him apart as he screamed for me to run. I grabbed the bag and ran. I looked back long enough for them to chew a chunk out of his neck, his crimson blood spraying and staining the once white and black checkered floor.

“I love you…” I whispered as I ran. I never had a chance to tell him that. Now I never would. He was gone and my worst fear had come true. I was alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
That was it. Hope you liked it :) I got the idea while listening to some Pierce the Veil music. They rock.