Crash

Just Like Wildfire

Wait, where you say you've been?” She asked, already feeling anger rising throughout her as she smelt perfume on his clothes and a love bite against his neck.

“I-I’m sorry,” he stuttered. He knew his love for his ex-girlfriend was still there but he didn’t realise how one night spent with her a few days ago could reignite that old flame. “It–it just happened.”

Who you been with?” She asked another question, trying to keep her temper at bay.

“My ex,” he blurted out, watching the once pink–cheeked woman turn as white as paper. “I’ve been meeting up with her since tour began.”

“You’ve been seeing her for almost two months?” She whispered, completely exasperated. “You’ve been cheating on me for two whole fucking months?”

“No!” Josh shouted, walking up to his girlfriend, holding her hands in his and looking into her eyes, pleadingly. “It happened once, just once, I promise.”

“I don’t believe it,” she whispered again. “I thought you loved me.”

“I do–I do.” Josh tried to get her to look into his eyes but she wouldn’t. “I do love you, so much but she...but she just...”

“No, Josh,” she threw his hands back at his body, stepping away from him. When she made eye contact with him, she could see something deep inside them. “You still love her, don’t you?”

Josh nodded.

“More than you love me?”

“It’s...complicated,” he sighed. “She’s brought back old feelings and...and I loved her so much when we were younger.”

“But you love her more than me,” she found herself saying, completely unaware of the words leaving her lips.

“I’m sorry,” Josh breathed. “I do love her. I love you but I love her. I love her more.”

“Go to her,” she smiled at him, although she didn’t want to say it, she knew she had to. “Go to her and get her back.”

“But–”

“No buts,” she walked up to him, smile still on her face. “She made you happy and I want you to be happy. If that’s with her then...so be it.”

Josh couldn’t believe she actually said that. He approached her slowly, hands on both arms as he kissed her cheek softly. “Thank you.”

“Go get her, champ,” she winked before wiping away a few tears from her eyes.

-------------------------


It didn’t take Josh long to arrive at her flat; peacefully secluded on the outskirts of London, just far away from everyone when she needed that alone time. Josh felt the snowflakes fall down onto his bare arms before melting instantly. He was cold but that didn’t bother him. He needed her, he need her back in his life now. He walked up the small steps to her front door, gathering himself for a moment before knocking on her door.

He greeted her with a grin on his face, dimples showing even beneath his smooth beard. It soon faded after seeing the look of horror on her face.

“What are you doing here?” She asked, pulling him into her home, away from the freezing cold.

“I’m yours,” he smiled.

“But what about–”

“She told me to come here,” Josh stated the truth. “I–I can’t stop thinking about you, Dodge.”

“Please don’t call me that,” she begged. “The memories, the one night, I can’t. I can’t–”

“Sssh,” he hushed her. “We were young, we were in our teens,” Josh began painting a picture. “It wasn’t real love, spent behind bars. Oh it’s sad to think, we just let it be; prisoners of love.

“Josh–” he cut her off, placing his lips tenderly on hers. As she pulled away, her eyes began to well up with tears. The first tear dropped from her left eye as she quickly captured it with her hand. “I can’t do this.” She sobbed. “What about her?”

But when I looked at her I thought of only you; if only there was proof I could use to show it’s true,” Josh paused to look at her before he encapsulated her in another kiss, this time with more emotion, proving to her he meant this.

We grew up,” he continued. “We worked and changed our ways; just like wildfire, been burning now for days.

“But all those memories–”

Nothing’s in our way,” Josh was adamant. “I said nothing’s in our way.

“The times before...” She whispered. “All the times we’ve slept together and n–never spoke again.”

I’ve said this all before,” Josh smiled at her, holding her face between his hands. “But opposites attract. We try and run away, but end up running back.” He shook his head and laughed. “Doesn’t that show you something, baby? We can’t stay away from each other.”

“But, Josh–”

“I love you, Lauren,” he looked at her, not taking his eyes away from her. “I’ve always loved you, I’ve never stopped loving you.”

“I–I never stopped either...”

It’s our time now, to make this work second time around,

Lauren didn’t have a reply. She pulled Josh in for a kiss by the collars on his shirt, gripping the material between her fingers as their lips mated and danced together. She loved how soft his lips felt, even 4 years later they were still as soft as ever. She soldered her body into his; his arms wrapping about her small frame, lifting her up and spinning her around in the little living room of hers. She felt happy, on top of the world that she had her first love back; her first kiss, her first hand-holding, her first everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short oneshot inspired by the lyrics to the beautiful song called Crash by You Me At Six.