Status: Writing :)

Collectively Unconsciously Composed

mangoes

I snapped a few pictures before checking the screen and nodding in approval. I zoomed in on Niall as he did his famous jump. I grinned when I saw I had gotten him mid-air and the reactions around me were crazy. Girls were screaming their heads off as the boys did their synchronized moves across the stage. I took a few action shots of Liam walking down the catwalk and then removed my camera strap from around my neck. I took a few hundred pictures, which I would have to sort through later tonight. I stealthily got out from in front of the barriers without having any fans pull my hair or clothes.

I walked past Lou and waved to her as she grinned. I went back to the greenroom and put my camera away in my bag before going over to the food table and grabbing some mango slices and putting them in a bowl. A perk of travelling with the guys was that you always got insanely good food. I shut the door to the greenroom and walked up to Lou.

“Want one?” I offered her a slice of mango as she laughed and shook her head. I shrugged and continued to munch on my snack.

The stage lights shut off and a video began to play around the arena. I knew this was their “mid-set break”.  The break gave the boys a chance to chug some water, change out of their sweaty clothes, and provide the fans with a nice video of them. I put my bowl of mangoes down and went to go assist Lou in helping the guys change out of their clothes. I was probably living the dream of thousands of teenage girls, seeing all five members of One Direction strip down to their boxer-briefs.

“Go help Harry,” Lou urged, pushing me in the direction of the curly-haired boy. I sighed before quickly walking over to him to see if he needed help.

“Harry,” I hissed as he yanked some incredibly tight black skinny jeans up his stick legs.  He looked over to me before yanking on black Rolling Stones t-shirt.

“I’m a little busy Scout,” Harry chuckled as I rolled my eyes and moved closer to him.

“Do you want me to do anything?” I asked as Harry tugged a new pair of socks on. I raised an eyebrow as to why he would need to change socks, but decided to leave it.

“Do you have any food?” He asked seriously as I giggled.

“I have mangos in a bowl,” I said, motioning to the abandoned mangos on a table.

“Can I have some?”

“What now? Harry, you’re on in thirty seconds,” I said as he pushed me toward the bowl. I huffed and grabbed two mango slices out of the bowl, careful not to drop the slippery fruit. Harry opened his mouth for me to feed him as I shook my head and giggled.

“I can’t have sticky hands and hold a microphone,” he said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

I blushed as I told him to crouch down so I could feed him the mango slices. I squealed when he cheekily sucked on my fingers to rid them of any juice before standing up to retrieve his microphone and return to the stage. He gave me a wink before running back onstage to sing Over Again. I put my hands on my hips and watched a minute or so of the song before going over to Lou. I helped her clean up the clothing that was discarded on the ground, throwing it into a large box that said “WASH”.

“Thank you for the help,” Lou said appreciatively, pushing her bangs back from her forehead.

“Anytime,” I smiled before standing up and going back over to my bowl of mangos. I giggled before reaching and grabbing a slice and popping it in my mouth.

“Watch the show with me now,” she whined as I nodded my head.

I rarely had time during the show to watch from side stage, as I usually was being shoved up against the barriers, taking pictures. I linked arms with Lou as we sang along to the songs and swayed to the beat. The show ended a couple of songs later as the lights dimmed for the final time and the boys ran offstage.

“That was insane!” Liam cheered as he gave Zayn, Louis, Niall, and Harry a high-five.

“That chick that flashed you on the left, holy shit,” Niall laughed as Zayn flushed pink.

“You got flashed?” I giggled as Zayn shot Niall a glare.

“Every night,” he said with a frown. I knew he was still dating Perrie, so he probably didn’t appreciate the nudity.

“Well I’m tired and want food, so to the hotel!” Niall said as everyone agreed.

                ******

The buses left shortly after the concert ended, as the crew didn’t need to pack up. The boys had three more shows at the same venue so that made things a lot easier for everyone. I had changed into a pair of plaid boxers and a light blue North Carolina crewneck jumper I had stolen from my sister. I also took out my contacts and pulled out my glasses. I tucked my clothes back into my suitcase and went to join the boys in the lounge.

"And then she was like 'OMG I love you Louis!' Oh hello Scout," Louis said. I smiled and went to sit down between Niall and Liam.

"Scout, we haven't seen you in ages," Niall and Liam whined as they wrapped their arms around my shoulders.

"I saw you like 10 minutes ago," I giggled as Niall burrowed his head in my neck. I ran my fingers through his hair as he sighed.

"You're hair smells so lovely," he mumbled as I burst out laughing.

"I do use shampoo," I said as he removed his head from my neck and looked me in the eyes.

"Good. That's good," he said as I raised and eyebrow.

Niall was very strange sometimes, but he was a great friend. He stood to go look out the window and wave at the waiting fans. Harry instantly moved into Niall's abandoned spot and rested his head on my lap, his feet hanging off the end of the couch.

"Can I help you?" I asked as she grinned.

"Nope, just enjoying the view," he said as I blushed and hid behind my hair.

The rest of the guys took no interest in Harry and I's actions. I assumed they were used to Harry being so comfortable around girls so that's why he was currently sprawled across my lap. I sighed before placing my hand in his hair and combing my fingers across his scalp. I twirled his curls around my fingers as he let out a sigh of content. I moved one of my hands out of his hair and let my fingers trail across his face. I traced his jawline and smoothed my fingers over his cheeks. His eyes were closed and I yearned to see his pretty green eyes.

All of a sudden Harry jolted up as we both tumbled to the ground. I groaned as I landed with a thud on Harry, who also groaned as my elbow landed in his chest.

"What the hell," I groaned as I heard laughter around me.

I looked to see the boys were cracking up, their faces red with laughter. I noticed the bus had stopped as I groaned and rolled off Harry.

"You were just-" Louis cackled as he burst into another fit of laughter.

I felt my face flush an ugly shade of red as I adjusted my sweatshirt that had ridden up. I looked out the window to see we had arrived at the hotel. Flashes alerted me that not only were fans here, but paparazzi was as well. I gulped before backing away from the window. I was used to being behind the camera and not in front. Harry noticed my discomfort as he came up behind me and rested a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry Scout, we'll keep you safe. I'll keep you safe," Harry said, whispering the last part.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well I was supposed to leave a an hour ago for Florida. Oops.