Status: Writing :)

Collectively Unconsciously Composed

bonding

*2 months later*

"I seriously cannot believe that we only have a week left of tour," Niall said in disbelief.

"What are you guys doing after?" I asked curiously as I picked a stray fuzz off my jumper.

"Recording, interviews, the usual business," Liam replied with a shrug as I nodded.

Two months had already flown by; the boys only had a week left before their tour officially ended. I had a week to figure out what was going to happen with my life. I have been talking to Harry about it, and he really doesn't have a clue.

I decided I had to go back to Chicago to sort out some things after the tour ended. Harry opted to join me as I happily obliged. Zayn would also be joining us as Little Mix was set to have a show in Chicago.

"What are you thinking about?" Harry murmured as he ran his fingers through my hair. I cuddled further into him before speaking.

"Things," I said as Harry rolled his eyes. "Okay, I was thinking about going home and what comes next," I said, biting my lip.

"We'll play it by ear, yeah?" Harry said as he pressed a kiss to my temple.

"Oi Styles. Lou wants to talk to you," Sandy said, peaking his head into the door of the greenroom.

I groaned in annoyance as Harry chuckled. He gently picked me up and placed me back in his previous spot on the couch. He pressed his lips to my forehead before departing from the room.

"You guys are so adorable," Louis cooed as I blushed.

"How's Eleanor?" I asked quickly in an attempt to change the subject.

"Lovely as usual," Louis replied as I smiled. "She's actually coming to visit in two days when we're in Rome."

"Yes! Another girl on tour!" I said, fist pumping the air. Louis laughed as I continued to dance around in excitment.

"I need some air," Zayn muttered from the corner as I stopped dancing. I watched him grab his carton of cigarettes from the table and exit the room.

"What's got his panties in a twist?" Louis asked as I shrugged.

"Let me find out," I said, grabbing a random hoodie from the table and running after Zayn.

I didn't have far to go, as Zayn was right outside on the steps.

"Zayn?" I piqued cautiously as he turned to look at me.

"Scout," he said, taking a cigarette and a lighter out.

"Can I have one?" I asked quickly as he raised an eyebrow.

He pulled another cigarette out and handed it to me. I waited until he lit his before reaching for the lighter and lighting my own. I inhaled the sweet smoke before blowing it out through my nose. I took another drag as Zayn gave me a questioning look.

"What? Thought I've never smoked before?" I asked as he chuckled.

"You just don't seem like.. eh never mind," he said before taking a drag.

We stood on the back steps for a few minutes, the only sounds were us breathing the smoke out and distant screams. I heard Zayn sigh as I grabbed his hand.

"Let's walk," I suggested as Zayn nodded.

I put my cigarette out before stuffing my hands in my pockets. I looked around to see Zayn slowly puffing away. I sighed before linking arms with him and tugging him.

"Come on," I said as Zayn chuckled and followed me.

We walked for awhile, just enjoying each other's company. I itched to ask Zayn what was botherin him, but I didn't want to upset him either. Eventually my curiosity got the best of me.

"Zayn," I began quietly, "What's up?"

"Umm nothing?" He chuckled. I narrowed my eyes, knowing he waa just avoiding my question. He groaned in defeat as I smiled to myself.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to," I added quickly. He shook his head, throwing his cigarette to the ground and stepping on it.

"I'm just homesick is all. Seeing you and Harry all lovey makes me really miss Perrie. I mean I know I'm seeing her next week but hell, I'm miserable," he said in a huff. I tugged him to a stop and wrapped him in a hug. He hugged back, a laugh escaping his mouth.

"Thanks S," Zayn mumbled into my hair as I squeezed him tighter.

"I felt the same way too, in the beginning of the North American leg. I was miserable and wanted to go home more than anything. But all of you guys and everyone else were so nice to me and just made me feel like I was home," I said feeling myself blush. "You have people who love you here, and you can tell us anything," I added quietly.

Zayn didn't say anything for a bit, he just held me there, or I held him. I stood on my tiptoes and pressed a comforting kiss to his cheek.

"Let's head back," I said, motioning to the ominous looking sky. Zayn seemed to have snapped out of his daze as he nodded.

I walked ahead, once again stuffing my hands in my pockets. Zayn and I walked back to the greenroom in comfortable silence. I was about to open the door when Zayn put his hand on my arm.

"Scout, do you maybe want to do something sometime?" Zayn asked as I grinned.

"Course! Always love myself a hangout session," I said with a smile.

*******

"That was insane!" Niall cheered as I giggled.

The boys had sold out their show tonight and I just found out the rest of the tour was sold out as well. I squealed when a sweaty body pulled me into them.

"Harry!" I gasped as he crashed his lips to mine. "You're- all- wet!" I groaned in between kisses. He tugged his shirt over his head, his eyes never leaving mine. My eyes trailed over his body, taking in all his perfection. It took everything in me to not rip his clothes off right there in front of everyone. He licked his lips before reconnecting our mouths once again.

"Ahhh keep it PG kids!" Liam said as he covered his eyes. I giggled before pressing my lips to Harry's once more.

"You were great tonight," I smiled as a pink hue spread to Harry’s cheeks.

He was always flustered when someone complemented him, never knowing how to react. I found this trait endearing, showing that he was still grounded.

"Thanks," he mumbled in embarrassment.

"Alright, time to go! The plane leaves in 45 minutes so we need to go!" Paul yelled.

A chorus of groans followed as we were ushered from the room. Someone threw a flannel shirt at Harry. He tugged it on before grabbing my hand and pulling me along through the thrum of people.

This was always the worst part; getting from the venue to the plane and then from the plane to the new venue. It really wore the boys down, but their spirits never faltered.

We were set to arrive in Rome at 1 AM, great. I knew I would sleep on the plane and hopefully the rest of the guys would too, but crashing at the hotel would be amazing.

We made it to the airport to be greeted with blinding flashes and screams. Harry protectively wrapped an arm around my shoulder as I leaned into him. I did my usual routine of putting my Ray Bans on and lacing my fingers with Harry's.

He tugged my hand, trying to shield me from the the paparazzi as we made our way into the airport. I breathed a sigh of relief as I saw there were no paparazzi inside. I never let go of Harry's hand except for security.

We settled into our seats on the plane, Harry on my left and Louis on my right. I put my head on Harry's shoulder as he kissed my temple.

"I can't wait to get to Rome," I sighed, as Harry grabbed my hand.

"I love Rome," Harry said, as he caressed my knuckles with his fingers.

I settled in and waited to land in my favorite city.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hooray for Zayn and Scout! This could be the start of a beautiful friendship. Also, thank you pandanni4 for the suggestion that inspired this chapter! Comments and suggestions are lovely :)