Status: Writing :)

Collectively Unconsciously Composed

i'm heading down

I blinked a few times, a streak of sunlight burning my eyes. I looked over to the curly haired boy next to me, snoring softly, his lanky body strewn across the bed. I stifled a laugh before leaning over and pressing my lips to his forehead. I quietly climbed out of bed and plodded to the kitchen. I looked through several cabinets and frowned when I realized we were out of tea.

I knew Harry would be asleep for awhile, my phone reading 10:30 AM. I sighed in annoyance as I picked up a pink notepad. I left a note for Harry saying I was going out to get tea and I would be back soon. I stuck it to the fridge before tiptoeing back into my room to grab some clothes.

It was a little chilly today, so I decided it was better to be warm than cold. I pulled on a white tank, which I tucked into a pair of denim high waisted shorts. I topped the ensemble with my olive army jacket from Jac Vanek that said I HATE EVERYONE. I looked over to the sleeping boy in my bed once more as I slid on my navy TOMS. I slipped out of the apartment and made my way to the lift.

Today was our last day in Chicago. Harry and Zayn were set to fly back to the UK tomorrow, a load of interviews being scheduled for the following week. I had no idea what I would be doing after Harry and Zayn went back. The idea of a long distance relationship crossed my mind, but I cringed at the thought. I knew it would be too much for Harry and I.

I tugged the sleeves of my jacket down as I looked through the lobby doors. About a hundred people could be seen through the glass doors, ranging from fans to paparazzi. They had discovered where Harry was staying and would not leave until he left.

I gathered what courage I had and pushed the doors open. Flashes went off and people began pushing to get to me. I said hello to several people and ignored the questions people were screaming at me. I finally made it through the crowd and onto the street, breathing out a sigh of relief. A few fans continued to trail me as I made my way to a Teavana.

I inhaled deeply, the scent of various spices filling my nose. I sighed, my wound up nerves relaxing as I stepped in line. I ordered my favorite pomegranate tea and one for Harry as well. I knew he quite enjoyed English Breakfast but I thought I wound broaden his options.

I collected the two cups and decided to sit and enjoy mine inside. I could still see a few fans and people with cameras outside, waiting for me to come out. I tucked a stray piece of hair behind my ear as I sipped my tea. I pulled out my phone and began to scroll through my mentions on Twitter.

@1Dfan4_evr: just saw @ScoutItOut! Harry must be nearby..

@Harrutluvs1D: currently waiting for @ScoutItOut to reappear! I love her outfit today!

I smiled to myself at the compliment and continued to scroll down.

@Harrysgurl4lyfe: @ScoutItOut isn't even pretty. i don't understand why harry even lieks her

A frown tugged at my lips as I looked to see several more hateful comments. I sucked in a deep breath and reminded myself that they were just jealous. I was about to reply to a fan when my phone began to vibrate, Harry's name flashing across the screen.

"Hello?" I said quietly into the phone, hoping I wouldn't draw attention to myself.

"Where are you?" Harry asked, his voice strained.

"I'm out getting tea. I left a note," I said shortly. I heard Harry sigh before continuing to speak.

"The hotel is literally swarmed. I woke up to see you gone and that scared the shit out of me," he said in exasperation.

"I'm fine Harry. I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself," I snapped. I instantly regretted my tone. I knew Harry was just being protective, but my mood wasn't that great after being bombarded by men with cameras. I took a deep breath before continuing, allowing myself to cool down. "Look, I'll be back soon. Relax, yeah?" I said quietly.

"How can I relax when you are out there all alone," he mumbled. I felt my heartstrings tingle at his words. "Just, promise me you'll be safe, okay?"

"Promise," I said, smiling a bit.

"I love you," he said firmly, almost as if to reassure me.

"I love you too," I drawled before giggling and hanging up.

I tucked my phone back into my bag and continued to sip my tea. I hummed happily as the sweet liquid passed my lips. I noticed the fans outside began to scatter, only a few remaining. I finished my tea in a final gulp and stood up. I threw my mug away in the bin before grabbing Harry's tea and exiting the safety of the building.

I gripped the mug tightly, my eyes scanning the streets for stray paparazzi. Once the coast was clear, I began to walk back to my apartment, taking large steps to get there faster. I could see the doors of my building from a few blocks down. There were probably around two hundred people circling the entrance. Flashes were constantly going off as I mentally cursed myself for forgetting my sunglasses on the counter.

I knew pushing through wouldn't be easy, but I was hoping that the few security guards that loitered would help me. I took a deep breath before approaching the swarm. I heard several shrieks as more flashes went off. I was pretty much blind as I shoved through the crowd. Girls tugged on my clothes and hair, their vice like grip stopping me in my tracks.

I began to feel claustrophobic, the blinding flashes and grabbing hands getting closer. I ground my teeth, determination flooding my veins. I would get through this crowd if it meant plowing through the girls. I shoved my way through, avoiding the various cracks and crevices in the sidewalk. I felt a sharp pain in my shin as I saw a girl sticking her foot out. Before I knew it, I saw tumbling toward the sidewalk, scalding tea spilling on myself and the sidewalk.

"Fucking hell!" I yelped as the hot liquid burned my skin.

I stood up as quickly as I could, trying to weave through the crowd. Tears of frustration, pain, and embarrassment threatening to spill over my cheeks. I pushed past several more people before finally making it inside. I held in a sob as I walked to the lift.

My arm was on fire, a red burn beginning to form from the spilled tea. I could also see my palms were scratched up, blood scattering the torn up flesh. I bit my lip to keep from crying as I rode the lift to my floor. I gulped, before grabbing my key from my bag, blood decorating the silver metal.

I opened the door and practically ran to the sink, peeling my now bloody jacket off before running my hands and arm under the sink. I heard footsteps as I desperately scrubbed my hands clean, hoping to rid them of any blood. I didn't want to alarm Harry of my "accident" but I knew it would be on the news sooner or later.

"Scout?" Harry asked, his voice raspy from sleep.

I didn't turn away from the sink, tears spilling over my cheeks. I was afraid to speak, knowing I would begin to sob if I opened my mouth. He must've noticed my apprehension as he walked to stand next to me at the sink. His eyes skimmed over my arms, his eyes widening as he noticed my hands. In one movement, he engulfed me in his arms, whispering words of comfort into my hair.

I sobbed quietly into his shirt, crying harder when I realized I had ruined his shirt with my tears. Harry continued to hold me, continuously pressing his lips to my hair. I finally regained my composure and tried to break away from his grasp to nurse my injured hands and arm.

"Scout," Harry pleaded as he held me in a vice like grip, preventing me from moving. I was hysterical at this point, my breathing speeding up as tears continued to flow down my cheeks.

Harry pressed his lips to my forehead before quickly moving to my bathroom. I gasped for breath as I leaned against the counter, afraid my legs would give out. Harry arrived moments later, a bottle of peroxide in one hand and band aids in the other. He set the stuff on the counter before wrapping his arms around me. He grabbed the stuff as he guided me onto his lap.

He carefully took my hand and put peroxide on the cuts, kissing my temple as I cried from the stinging pain. He continued to clean up my hands, placing small band aids all over the cuts and scrapes. Once he was finished, he pressed small kisses to my hands, his lips trailing up my arm. I winced when he reached my burn. He gave me a questioning look but continued to move his lips upward.

We sat on the ground in my kitchen for a while longer, Harry holding me and whispering words of comfort as I cried my eyes out. I finally felt completely drained, resting my head against Harry's chest as he laughed quietly. He carefully scooped me up in his arms and carried me over to my bed. He was careful of my various wounds as he laid me down.

He tugged my shoes off and carefully pulled my shorts off. I was too tired to protest as he tucked me in and kissed my forehead. He climbed in next to me, wrapping his arms around me as I cuddled into his chest.

"Harry," I mumbled quietly as he stroked my arm.

"Yes love?" he whispered.

"My hands hurt."

"Tell me what happened after you sleep," he said quietly as my eyelids fluttered. He kissed my forehead before my lids shut.
♠ ♠ ♠
huzzah new chapter! school sucks so not sure when the next update will be. also my lovely readers, if you love harry as much as i do, feel free to check out my tumblr page: http://69-shades-of-harry.tumblr.com/