Status: Writing :)

Collectively Unconsciously Composed

panic attack

I gulped and looked at the five boys in front of me. Their cheeks were rosy from the cold and their breathing fast from running. They looked at me in surprise as one cleared his throat.

“Hello again,” he said awkwardly as I blushed. I really wished I could just melt into the wall at that moment.

“I’m Louis,” the boy introduced himself as I looked at my feet.

“I’m Zayn,” another said as I peeked up at him through my hair. He gave me a small wave as I looked at my feet again.

“Well this is awkward and I’m Niall,” a blond boy said, receiving a fist in the arm from a boy with a buzzed head.

“Don’t mind him,” buzzed head laughed as I sighed. “I’m Liam.”

“Nice to see you again, love,” the curly haired boy smiled as I looked up. “I am Harold Edward Styles, but you can call me Harry,” he said, grinning. I involuntarily shivered as a look of concern crossed over Liam’s face.

“Are you alright?” He asked as I nodded weakly. I pulled my knees to my chest again and tucked my head in between my knees. I took deep breaths, hoping I could fight of the panic attack that was on its way. I unsuccessfully calmed my breathing as my vision began to blur. The next thing I knew, I was seeing stars.

*****

“Is she alright?”

“Don’t poke her you twat!”

“I think she’s waking up.”

I opened my eyes to see five anxious faces surrounding me. I closed my eyes as Zayn chuckled.

“I think she’s actually going back to sleep,” he laughed as I groaned. I buried my head in my hands as I felt my face turn bright red.

“I passed out didn’t I?” I asked as Niall nodded.

“One minute you were sitting and the next you were on the floor. Harry carried you over to his bunk,” Niall said, pointing to Harry who was leaning against the opposite bunk.

I blushed and sat up to be hit with another round of dizziness. I groaned and swung my feet over the bunk to land on the floor. Me, being the klutz I am, tripped over my feet and went flying to the floor. Harry reached out to catch me but we both went tumbling.

“You seem to be on the floor a lot,” he chuckled as I groaned and rolled off of him. He gave me a cheeky smile before standing up and putting a hand on my arm. His face softened as he pressed his lips to my ear. “You sure you’re alright, love?” he asked as I shivered from his hot breath tickling my neck.

“Peachy,” I mumbled, stepping away from him.

He seemed to be unfazed by my sudden action and laughed as he walked to the front of the bus. I took a deep breath and followed him to where the rest of the boys had migrated.

“So, you’ve never told us your name,” Louis said as I shrugged.

“You’ve never asked,” I said, reaching for my book that had fallen on the ground. “It’s Scout.”

“Scout? Never heard that one before,” Niall whistled as I blushed.

“My mom named me after Scout in this book,” I said, gesturing to the copy of To Kill a Mockingbird in my hand.

“Well Scout, because you’re going to be living with us for the next few months, we need to know that you’re not a serial killer,” Louis said as I narrowed my eyes at him. “Let’s play 20 questions, yeah?” he asked as I shook my head.

“Come on S,” Harry said as I blushed at the nickname. “Sit next to me,” he said, patting the spot next to him on the sofa.

I plopped down next to him on the couch and pulled my knees up to my chest. He put an arm around my shoulder which I pulled off as he chuckled.

“Okay, let me see. How old are you?” Louis asked as I rolled my eyes.

“20,” I replied as the boys nodded in approval.

“Favorite song?” Zayn asked, sitting cross-legged on the floor in front of the sofa.

“God that’s a hard one. Um, probably San Francisco by The Mowgli’s,” I said, moving to tuck my knees under me.

“Not a song by us? I’m hurt Scout,” Louis said with a hurt face as I chuckled.

“I’ve never heard a song by you guys,” I admitted as I looked at the ground.

“Wow, have you been living under a rock?” Niall joked as I narrowed my eyes at him.

“No, I just don’t listen to your music, that’s all,” I said as I felt Harry shift next to me.

“Come to the show tomorrow and listen,” he suggested as I sighed.

“Course,” I said with a smile as he grinned.

“Okay, next question. Did you live in England?” Liam asked, picking up on my accent as I nodded.

“I was born in Brighton, moved to London when I was 13, and moved to Chicago when I was 18,” I said as the boys nodded.

“First kiss?” Niall asked as I blushed.

“I was 14,” I mumbled, biting my lip.

“Awww how cute!” Louis cooed as I flushed a bright shade of red.

“Yeah whatever, next question,” I said quickly as the boys chuckled.

“Are you a virgin?” Harry asked quietly as my eyes widened.

“What kind of a question is that? That is personal and I am not going to tell you,” I said quickly as Harry laughed.

“It’s a simple yes or no question, S,” Harry said as I shook my head.

“Well when you two are done flirting, I am going to bed,” Liam said abruptly as I blushed furiously.

“Yeah me too,” Niall agreed with a yawn.

Everyone eventually decided to sleep as the boys had to be up early, which meant I too had to be up early to shoot. I changed into my sweatpants and a tank top in the bathroom. I was nowhere near comfortable enough with the boys to change in front of them. I grabbed my clothes and exited the bathroom to go to my suitcase. I threw my clothes in and grabbed my book from the table. I heard snoring when I walked by Zayn and Niall’s bunks, but silence from Liam’s and Louis’s. I saw a pair of feet poking out at the end of a bunk and assumed it was Harry, as he was the tallest. I sighed as I realized that the bunk above his was mine. I took a deep breath before climbing up and settling into the covers.

“Hey Scout,” a husky voice asked as I sighed.

“Yes Harry?” I asked quietly.

“Make me look sexy in the pictures you take,” he said as I choked on a laugh. I covered my mouth to prevent the entire bus from waking up from my laughing. “Hey, I’m being serious here,” he tutted as I continued to giggle.

“Sure Harry, I will make you look sexy in pictures,” I said, regaining my breath. I turned on a small light above my bunk and took out my book. I waited until I saw Harry’s light go out before breathing a sigh of relief.

“Goodnight Scout,” I heard Harry mumble as I sighed.

“Night Harry,” I whispered. “Harry?”

“Hm?” He mumbled sleepily as I took a deep breath.

“No,” I said, closing my eyes in case he didn’t expect that answer.

“No what?” He said as I sighed.

“No to your question,” I said quietly, feeling my cheeks heat up.

I never heard an answer so I assumed he must have fallen asleep before he heard me. I was three pages into the new chapter when I heard Harry stir.

“Good,” he mumbled.
♠ ♠ ♠
your regular standard 20 questions