Status: R&R and I love you!(:

Call Me Innocent

Those eyes watched her walk in the shadows of sleeping Paris. Eiffel danced in the beautiful moonlight that painted the Seine river with thousands of golden shades. Birds flew high in the air as Paris breathed. Trees were asleep, whispering silently at the young woman walking past them with a smile on her face. The scent of fresh, wet grass made Sophie think about her childhood home just outside the busy and crowded Paris. She was from the countryside, but in her heart she had always known that she'd move here. As she passed a familiar building near the Notre Dame, she heard footsteps. She looked over her shoulder, her breathing now audible to those ears listening to her rapid heartbeat. When her eyes couldn't see anything but shadows, touching each other gently, she shook her head and released an amused huff. She wasn't that drunk. Just a couple of drinks in the nearby bar. The taste of Vodka made her feel slightly sick but she ignored it. Maybe she was drunk enough to imagine things. She kept walking, her pace quickening involuntarily. Animals can sense the danger. Why can't humans? Her ears still heard it. The sound of being followed. She stopped at a corner, right under a streetlight and listened. The form of a man following her way behind froze, like a shadow. Sophie laughed nervously and ran all the way to the closest metro station.
Her hands were shaking as she tried to get her RER ticket in the machine. When she finally succeeded, she ran in the metro and didn't stop until she saw a familiar sign. St-Michel Notre Dame. She was safe. She allowed her eyes to flicker closed and she sighed as her lashes met. She had no idea how close to death she had been. And still was. She couldn't hear the man anymore, but a pair of eyes was exploring her hungrily.
____
Written together with IceFish