I Want You in the Most Unromantic Way

Besitos

Most people think that because I'm in a band that I live a cool rockstar lifestyle with like 5 girlfriends, parties everynight and more friends than I could count on all my fingers and toes combined. The truth is I have none of that, mainly because I don't like to mix with too many people. I don't have anxiety issues, I just like to be around my close friends and bandmates. It's also funny that I say I don't like partying while I'm at the biggest celebration we've ever been given by Fearless Records. Collide With The Sky just went gold and the boys in the office decided to throw us a bash. Now I am all for a big party and being with my friends but there's just one tiny little problem. With it being a record labels party, there are a lot of people here who I have never seen before. That alone makes me sorta nervous. The other thing with this party is that because it's so big, me and the boys will most likely get split up for the most part of this party and I'll have to make small talk with pointles faces. Welcome to the life of Tony Perry.

Now I know I probably sound pretty dim and dark right now but honestly I am a really happy guy. My music is what keeps me going in the world and if it makes a difference to just one person then I swear it's all okay. That person can live a better person and create a life they might have given up on. I think that's always what Vic likes to think anyway. He always tells about fans he meets who confess to hurting themselves because it'$ the only release they get in life but somehow the music we make, pulls them out of the horror to give them a small glimmer of hope. A new chance at life. Honestly, that thought alone gives me butterflies in my stomach and makes me smile uncontrollably.

"Hey man, why you sitting at the bar all alone?" I heard a familiar voice speak up. I looked up to see one of my best friends standing next to me with a goofy grin on his face. I picked up my glass and drank the remaining fluid inside, placing the glass on the bar I turned to look at him with a fake smile.

"Just trying to distract myself from this party I guess" I muttered as I looked at Jaimes half drunken face. He made a confused face at me and then shook it off.

"Mike just got here, he brought someone with him that I think will cheer you up" Jaime said with a goofy looking grin on his face. I raised an eyebrow and looked in the direction that Jaime was nodding to.

Now I don't believe in the whole "love at first sight" bullshit but sometimes you just get that feeling that one person can make everything small, so much bigger. I seen Mike standing with his arm around his best friend. He always brought her out with us when we were off tour and honestly, I was always so happy to see her but the fear that she didn't feel that way back always cut me down. Jaime nudged me and I turned to look at him.

"What?" I asked looking at him with a bewildered expression. Jaime being Jaime just grabbed my arm and dragged me over to Mike and Angel. I had no time to react. Mike high fived me and Angel flung herself into my arms. I snaked my arms around her slender body and hugged her tightly. I took in her sweet scent that I always craved as soon as she left my side. When she pulled away I softly smiled at her. "Hey you" I said with as much emotion as I could.

Let me tell you about Angel. Now, I'm not one to get all soppy over a girl I have been friends with for over 5 years now but honestly she is the most beautiful girl I have ever had the privilege to be in the presence of. She had shoulder length blonde hair that was cut to a spikey style, which she often added bright colours to. Right now it had green and purple on each side. Her eyes are like endless tunnels of happiness, I get lost in them everytime I look at her. She has the most beautiful smile and the cutest laugh ever, which is pretty sweet. She always tries to steal my hats, I don't know why but she says it makes her feel like I'm always there with her. Words can't even begin to describe the bond I have with her but there is one thing that is holding us back. Mike. Now he is her best friend, they have always been best friends. Ever since High School. I sorta envy Mike for getting to grow up with Angel, he takes her for granted in that sense. Don't get me wrong, he loves her to death but he always relies on her to go out and party whenever he feels like it then picks up random chicks at clubs, which leaves Angel on her own. In most cases she calls me to come get her, which I do every. Single. Time.

"Tone Tone, you alright in there?" I heard the most angelic voice say to me, making me shake off the daydream I was having. I looked at Angel and she stood infront of me with a slight grin on her face.

"Sorry, what did you say?" I asked her, knowing that I didn't hear a word she said a few minutes ago. She rolled her eyes at me and smiled.

"Me and Mike are gonna get a drink, do you want one?" She asked sweetly. I looked at Mike and then back at Angel. I nodded slowly. "I know just the drink" She said with a sly smile on her face. She grabbed Mikes hand and dragged him over to the bar.

I took this as a cue to go and sit in a booth. I looked around and seen an empty one a few yards away from me. I walked over and sat down carefully. The club was pretty crowded and our V.I.P section was a bit lame really. I couldn't even make out what this bullshit song was. Something really pop and generic I think. The dancefloor was filled with girls and guys dancing all over each other. I shuddered in embarrassment for them, it's disgusting for them. Why can't they just find someone they love and be happy? One night stands are always bad news. I closed my eyes and shook the thoughts from my head.

The seat next to me dipped a little indicating someone sitting down next to me. I opened my eyes and came face to face with Vic. "Hey Tony, you look glum. What's wrong?" He asked. I knew he would see something different in me. He always does. Every single time.

"Nothing Vic. I'm good" I said with a forced smile. The look on his face told me that he knew I was lying. Damn you Vic. I looked towards the bar where Mike and Angel were chatting away.

"Oh... Angel. Let me ask you something" He said. I looked at him curiously and nodded for him to continue. "How long have you been in love with Angel for?" He asked as if it was the most simple question in the world. My heart began to beat faster and my palms grew sweaty. "And don't lie to me. I'm one of your best friends Tone" Vic added. I looked at him with a pained expression.

"Vic, ever since I seen that girl I really thought. "Damn I could be with her forever and never get bored". The thing is if she felt that way about me, wouldn't she have made it obvious... or have told someone?" I asked in disbelief. Vics face grew happy with a knowing grin.

"Oh Tony. The more you know yeah?" He said cockily. "Her best friend is my brother... what she tells him... he tells me bro. I say, you have a good shot tonight. If you tell her the truth, there's just no telling how happy it could make you" He spoke like a wiseman. He rose to his feet and looked down at me. "Or keep on pretending you don't love her like you have done for the past 5 years and torture yourself to the point where you can barely look at her. It's your choice Tony" He finished off and walked away.

I sighed and closed my eyes. He's fucking right. He's always fucking right, that stupid, backwards wearing cap with curly hair and stupid face is always goddamn right. I slammed my fist onto the table and sighed.

"You okay Tony?" I heard her beautiful voice ask. I looked up to see her standing on the other side of the table with a worried look on her face. "Vic told me you needed to see me?" She asked. I looked over at Vic who was now standing at the bar with Mike.

"Um... yeah" I said closing my eyes. I shakily rose to my feet and walked around the table to stand infront of her. "Listen, I have something I really gotta tell you okay. It's super important and it'll probably sound stupid at first but hear me out" I said quickly in the hope that she didn't hear but the look on her face indicated that she heard every word.

"Go on Tony" She said softly with the most beautiful smile I've ever seen.

"Angel, you remember the first day Mike introduced us?" I asked with a small smile on my lips. She nodded her head slowly, thinking about the memory.

"You tried to introduce yourself as Tony but instead you said your name was Turtle. I thought it was cute" She said softly. I smiled in embarrassment at the memory.

"Yeah, what a dork I was but still, I always cherrish that moment, that day. Do you want to know why?" I asked, this is it. She looked at me with pleading in her eyes.

"Yeah. I would like to know" She smiled. I ran my hand over my face and laughed nervously.

"I cherrish it because... it's the day I realised that I would fall in love with you and want to be with you forever" I whispered. Her eyes widened in shock and my heart was beating so fast it could over take the beat of the song.

"You love me?" She asked in disbelief. I nodded at her question and she blinked a few times looking away. "That's sorta good Tony" She said finally looking up at me. "I love you too".

It took a few seconds to process those three words. She loved me... she loved me back. She looked at me with a happy smile on her face and my heart sank instantly. I reached out to her face and cupped her cheek in my hand. "Angel, will you just be my girlfriend already?" I asked with a nervous laugh. She didn't say a word. She stepped forward and pressed her lips against mine. The initial shock through my body brought me back to life. The second I realised she was kissing me knocked me back into reality and I slowly moved my lips against her. She pulled away suddenly and rested her forehead against mine.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting to hear you ask that question" She said with the biggest smile I've ever seen anyone make. It made my heart melt instantly and I kissed her again. So I guess I like parties now.

THE END.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like this Nikki!
I'm not great at one shots but I tried :')