Rediscovering You

The worst hiding place ever.

Amber eyes scanned the cupboard contents critically before brows furrowed. The cupboard door next to it was tugged open seconds later, followed by an annoyed sounding huff. "Rave?" The tone was soft, distinctly annoyed but far from angry, and it made Rave Sawyer lift her gaze from the newspaper in front of her. The sight of her husband hunting around for something in particular made her lips quirk upwards into a faint smile before she answered with a noncommittal 'hm' sound. Oscar, the man in question, turned to her and frowned more.
"Where is all the cereal?" His quizzical tone pulled an amused sounding snort from his beautiful wife, though it was far from entertaining to him. "Do not tell me they've gotten through it all already."
"I told you not to buy the ones with surprises in them. I even told you while we were there in the shop. I said, if you buy those for the kids-"
"They'll open them and make a mess trying to find the toy. I know." His defeated tone made her grin widely and she shrugged her shoulders unsympathetically when he pouted. As if that would change anything. She did, however, giggle when he reached for her and circled his arms around her waist so he could pull her into a loving kiss which turned her grin into a smitten smile.
"There's a lesson to be learned from this," she murmured against his lips, her smile quickly fading back into her triumphant grin again. "I'm clearly always right and so you should always listen to me and my infinite wisdom."
Oscar promptly rolled his eyes and gave a soft grumble of disagreement, "What are you talking about, woman? I always listen to you. Most of the time. Whenever you're not wrong." A laugh escaped her and she swatted at him, ignoring his protests about letting go when she tried to wriggle out of his hold. It was no secret that if she stayed in such close proximity that they might spend the next forever kissing, and that was obviously a bad thing. He still had to go buy more cereal.
"Aw, I know, I'm so cuddly it's a shame. But Oscar," she paused, biting her lip as if she loathed having to say what she was going to. "I want cereal. I want cereal and grapefruits and those little gummy bears you always get. But only the blue ones. How could you possibly deny the simple wishes of your loving wife?" At that point she moved towards the fridge in search of orange juice, ignoring the deadpan look her husband was giving her back. "Besides, your equally fantastic kids will be awake soon and they'll be hungry. Do you really want me to have to tell them you wouldn't go out and bring back something for their favourite meal of the day?" His expression changed to a mix of guilt and fear; enough confirmation he'd go, which made her grin again when she glanced back at him. "Exactly. So hop to it, love."
"Grawr!" He swooped behind her, the unexpected action causing her to squeak and burst out laughing when he looped his arms around her and attacked her neck with kisses and light nips, punctuating them every so often with affectionate growls. "You're so lucky I'm in love with you and don't mind your ridiculously silly pregnancy cravings. Y'know that?" He proceeded to press a soft kiss to her cheek, his hand smoothing over her already swollen abdomen. The moment was gentle, the love Oscar had for his wife and children almost tangible, and Rave couldn't stop herself from melting as he moved away to grab his keys. With promises to try and be back as soon as he could, he left the house and Rave waved him off from the door.

Now that the house was quiet again, Rave took a moment for herself. A smile curled the corners of her lips as she thought about how happy she was in her life right at that moment. She was married to the man she loved, they had two beautiful children with a third on the way and Oscar made sure none of them ever wanted for anything. He'd secured a job in his best friend's father's company which was well paid with a very neat bonus at the end of the year too. Though, she knew that no matter what their situation, as long as she had her family everything was perfect. Sighing in contentment, she went to pour herself a glass of the juice Oscar had distracted her from and then looked around the kitchen. She'd decided that she was going to do some cleaning that day but..maybe she could start in their bedroom. At least then the bed would be right there after she gave up halfway through for a nap. The thought made her chuckle and she placed her empty glass in the sink, leaving it for later--or when Oscar got back--and heading off up the stairs.
Taking a quick look into the children's rooms she was happy to see them still asleep, then continued down the hall to the master bedroom. This was probably her favourite room in the house, aside from the bathroom, because they were completely her's. Oscar had let her decorate the bedroom and make as girly as she wanted it; especially now that they had kids who made a mess in every room they were allowed in. The bathroom, of course, was her own little oasis where she could just relax and forget the world outside the door. It was brilliant.

Flopping onto the bed she snuggled into the pillows for a moment, sorely tempted to just get back under the covers and never come out, but then her gaze fell onto the bay window seat. There, sticking out from behind the cushions, was a book. At first she thought it was a story book that Oscar must've been reading to the kids, but it wasn't. Frowning at it she could just make out the letters 'rnal'. What did that even mean? Reluctantly sitting up, she padded over and pulled the cushion away. 'Journal'. Rave stared for a moment and then she picked it up, glancing behind her as if Oscar would suddenly be stood there watching. Of course, she knew it was his, since she was far superior in finding hiding places. Obviously she was; she hid the kid's presents for their birthday and Christmas didn't she? Hell, she hid Oscar's presents too and she knew for a fact he was the type to try and look for them.
Casting a quick look out the window, making sure that his car wasn't pulling back into the drive, she shuffled back to the bed and stretched out on it. If she was going to have a sneaky look through it she wanted to at least be comfortable, duh. Another look towards the door and she flipped to the first entry.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooooo she found it. Check back to find out what she reads!