Promise Me

Promise me

Draco sat in the garden of Florean Fortescue Ice-Cream Parlour waiting for Amelia. He held his head in his hands. He didn’t want her to come. He wished he could stop the time and everything could stay as it was. He didn’t want to hurt her. She was so fragile, beautiful and vulnerable.
Unfortunately, his wish didn’t come true. When he looked up, he could see thin figure pushing through the people in the street. She was wearing tight jeans with cream trench-coat showing off her perfect figure. Her long brown hair swept behind her and her deep brown eyes were focused on certain platinum-blonde hair boy. She smiled brightly when she saw him looking up at her.
Draco stood up as she neared his table and went towards her. He embraced her and pressed his lips lightly against hers. He felt her smile against his lips and kiss him back wrapping her arms around his neck.
“Hey, babe,” Draco said as he pulled away.
“Hey, love,” she purred into his ear. Draco laughed and pecked her lips before putting a hand on her back and leading her towards his table. He pulled out her chair and sat opposite her. He held her hand and watched her as she studied the menu biting her lip. She looked up at him and raised her eyebrow.
“What’s up with you today?” Amelia asked and put her hand over his.
“Nothing,” Draco replied sighing. Amelia put her hand on his knee.
“Tell me the truth, Draco,” she said softly rubbing his knee. He put his hand over hers.
“I’ll tell you later,” he said and called the waitress. He of course didn’t have to wait and the waitress was there immediately.
“What can I get you two?” she asked sending Amelia a glare.
“I’ll have another espresso and this lovely lady here,” he said winking at Amelia, “will have chocolate cake with straciatella ice-cream and chocolate frappe with cream.”
“You know me so well,” Amelia said leaning over the table and kissing him on the lips. The waitress glared at her one last time and went to get Draco’s order. Draco kissed her back holding her face, never wanting to let go. When she pulled away he held her face in his and looked into her eyes.
“I love you,” he whispered and a tear rolled down his cheek. He knew this could be the last time he saw her, held her, touched her...
“What’s wrong?” she whispered barely audibly, terrified expression appeared on her face as she wiped the singe tear rolling down his cheek away. Draco shook his head, closing his eyes.
“Tell me what’s wrong, baby,” she said softly holding his face in her soft hands.
“Not here,” Draco replied pulling himself together and smirked at her. Amelia could see right through it, she knew he could put on his masks and act like nothing happened.
“Draco,” she said softly.
“Forget about it,” he said placing his hands over hers and held them tightly. The waitress came over once again and brought them what they ordered. Amelia reached for the fork to eat the cake but Draco was there first. He grabbed the fork and smirked.
“No, no, no, Amelie. Let me,“ he said as he cut a peace of it and held it so she could eat it. She shook her head and ate it. Draco fed her the cake and ate some of it himself. Amelia laughed as he licked the fork after they finished it. She sipped her frappe and watched him look around the street. His moves, his expression. She tilted her head and smiled. He looked back at her and they both laughed.
“Guess who I saw yesterday?” Amelia asked playfully.
“No idea. Who?” Draco asked watching her every feature.
“Daphne with her younger sister. They were looking for dresses for some kind of party. Daphne looked quite good. I can’t believe her and Blaise are no longer together. It felt as though they belonged together. But I guess Blaise wanted someone younger,” Amelia said sighing.
“Well he didn’t have much of a choice, did he?” Draco said bitterly.
“You are probably right. I can’t believe his parents arranged him marriage with that French girl. After all Daphne is pureblood too and she’s Slytherin after all,” she said. Draco wasn’t very comfortable with talking on this topic. It was reminding him too much of the matter he had to discuss with her later.
“I met Blaise yesterday,” he said. “He wants to play for Wimbourne Wasps again.”
“Really? Why them? Didn’t they lose almost all matches last year?” Amelia asked raising an eyebrow.
“Yeah well, it’s Blaise, right,” Draco said winking and Amelia laughed.
“I have something for you,” Draco said seriously.
“And what is it?” Amelia asked smiling.
“I can’t tell you. You’ll have to wait and see,” he said.
“Draco,” she said hitting his shoulder.
“It’s back at my place,” Draco said smirking. Amelia raised an eyebrow.
“Is this a trick to get me to go to your apartment?” she asked.
“Do I really need a trick?” Draco asked.
“You’re right, you don’t,” Amelia said pecking him on the lips.
“Alright,” he said and called the waitress back to pay.
Few minutes after he and Amelia walked down the Diagon Alley. Draco held Amelia around her waist so their hips bumped as they walked. From time to time Amelie put her head on his shoulder and breathed in his scent.
They stopped in a park in front of Draco’s house. They sat down there on a bench near a fountain.
“Are you going to tell me what you didn’t at the cafe?” she asked him. Leaning into him.
“I can’t,” Draco said softly holding her tighter.
“You can tell me everything, you know that.”
“It hurts me so much,” Draco whispered. Amelia turned to him and held him close.
“Tell me,” she whispered.
“First you need to know that I love you,” Draco said softly. “And nothing can change that...”
“I love you too, baby. So much,” she whispered into his ear.
“My parents want me to-“ Draco couldn’t bring himself to say it. He knew that if he said it he would break her heart and he never wanted to do that.
“What do your parents want you to do?” she asked softly running his hands through his hair.
“I have to get married,” Draco finally said what was bugging him since he found out. Amelia slightly pulled away and looked him in the eyes.
“To whom?” she asked, her voice breaking. She felt as though her heart was shattered into million pieces.
“Amelie,” Draco whispered embracing her tightly. Her hands laid limply on her lap. She didn’t move just stared in front of herself, fighting the tears that were about to spill.
“To whom?” she replied stiffly.
“Astoria Greengrass,” Draco said quietly, hoping she wouldn’t hear him.
He watched her as she bit her lip and closed her eyes. Tears began rolling down Draco’s cheeks. When she looked up at him and so the tears she began to sob. Draco held her tightly and they both cried in each others arms.
“Why?” she finally asked. Draco buried his face in her hair.
“I don’t know, love. I don’t know,” he said holding her as though he’d never let her go.
“Can’t you just-” she stopped to take a deep breath. “Don’t do what they want?”
“If there was any way, I would do it,” Draco said softly.
“I know,” she replied wrapping her arms around him even tighter than before.
“Is this the end?” she asked between sobs. Her eyes were full of tears and Draco was so angry with himself he made her cry. He lightly kissed her on the forehead.
“I promise you, this is not the end,” he said, scooped her up in his arms and carried her up to his apartment.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really like this one shot and I plan to write a sequal one shot to it...