Status: Waiting For The Right Time To Let This Story Shine...

Slowly Fading

With Blood Shot Eyes I Watch You Sleeping,

Perfection.

It's a difficult thing to achieve. Everyone tries to be perfect, but thinking about it, not many people actually get there. Some people want perfect hair, perfect clothes, perfect nails, the perfect man, the perfect lifestyle. But not Abigail... no, being perfect had never been something that concerned her even in the slightest. She was quite content with just being herself.

Of course, that kind of attitude didn't go down well with her mother. Oh no, in her mothers eyes she was a disaster. Nothing Abigail could ever do was good enough for her mother; she always found something wrong with the was she dressed, the way she acted, the way she was. So when Abigail stopped trying to impress her, her mother finally gave up on trying to perfect her daughter. But in all honestly, it wasn't as if her mother was really the saint she was trying to portray...

Image

''Have you got everything you need, love? That dreadful skateboard you're always on?'' Abigail's mother questioned as they both buckled themselves into her mothers blue Opel Corsa. Abigail set a glare on her face as her mother started up the engine.

''Yes,'' She grumbled bitterly, not willing to offer a full sentence to the woman who, in the blink of an eye, had decided to turn her whole world upside down. Instead of waiting for her mother to reply, she turned her attention to the window. She sighed, taking in the sights of the village she had grown up in whisk by.

''Don't get angry with me,'' Her mother pleaded, ''we both know it's for the best, and plus your father is looking forward to having you.'' She smiled, her painted red lips crinkling into a shape that Abigail thought to be almost sickeningly sweet.

''Oh of course he is!'' She mumbled in an overly sarcastic tone. She knew all too well that a man who didn't even bother to send her a Christmas card the previous year wouldn't be exactly delighted to have a teenager, who's mother had suddenly decided she'd had enough of, dumped on him.

''Oh don't make this out to be my fault. You know full well why you're going to stay with your father.'' Her mother grumbled, picking up on the cold tone her daughter had used.

But Abbie though to herself that it was, in part her own fault that she was being sent off. Truth be told, she had let her grades and standards slip, but only ever so slightly. Surely she was allowed to, even just to have a little, tiny bit of fun just once in a while. That in her mothers eyes though, was beyond unacceptable.

''Would you just come off it? Don't act like you're so fucking perfect! How old where you when I was born? Go on, refresh my memory.'' Abigail snarled, turning her attention back to her window where she watched the scenery that she had grown up with, flash by her eyes.

''Don't play that card with me young lady. Watch your language too.'' Her mother said harshly.

Abbie couldn't help but feel a little guilty, she knew she shouldn't have thrown something like that in her mother's face, but as far as she was concerned, she deserved it. The minute her mothers lips changed their form so that they were held in a tight, grim expression, she smiled to herself, she had pissed her mother off.

Although she liked to pretend she was, Abigail's mother was far from the perfect image she had created for herself. She had been all the things she wouldn't allow her daughter to be, she had been a rebel, she had drank far too much, she had experimented with drugs, she had partied, she had had fun. But all that came crashing around her like a falling ton of bricks when she was only fifteen.

She ran away, went to America and she met Abigail's father. Nine months later she became a teenage mother, but at only sixteen she had no where to go. With him being the same age and still at school, it was impossible for him to support her. She went back home but was rejected and thrown out by her own parents. She scraped by, bought an apartment hardly big enough to house the two of them, and she raised Abigail as best she could.

But now that Abigail was the same age as she had been when she had fallen off the tracks, she intended to do everything in her power to prevent her daughter from falling into the same traps she had. To Abbie though, that meant having absolutely no social life, hardly any friends, never drinking, never partying, and generally having no fun. So what was her mothers plan, to ship her halfway around the world to her father, one fifth of an extremely successful Californian rock band. Zacky Vengeance.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Avenged and Bullet in one story..!
Comment, Subscribe, Recommend!
Please don't be a silent reader!