A Typical Time in a Tudor Court

The Lady Elizabeth

'Your Grace requested to see me.'
Edward looked up and smiled at the familiar female voice. 'My Lady sister.' He stood and approached her, she curtsied and smiled.
'My king and brother, how are you today? I am truly so glad to see your smile, it brings me satisfaction to see you happy.'
'I am happy now I have seen you.'
'Your sister the Lady Mary sends-'
'The Lady Mary can tell me herself when I request to see her.'
'Very well your grace.'
'Be seated.' One of the servants, dressed in a stunning red and black uniform pulled out a chair and allowed the lady to sit, she thanked Edward for his kindness and obliged her eyes remaining on her brother. 'WOuld you care for a drink? Wine?'
'I am fine thank you your grace, though it would please me if you'd tell me the reason for our meet.'
'Does there need to be a reason for seeing my sister?'
'No. It seems, now your time is valuable it is a strange way in which you can pass the time. You have king things to be doing.'
'Elizabeth, I am a child, my uncle is taking care of all matters he feels I would approve of.'
'And those you do not I fear.' Edward did not comment on her claim, he didnt need to. 'Do you feel better from last night?'
'I dont recall-'
'Your grace, you were sickly last night and retired early due to it.'
'Yes, I am much better.'
'Nothing could make me happier but to hear that.' She looked around the magnificant room and smled softly at her brother. 'I do think though your grace, you wish to see me only to distract his Duke Somerset.'
'Distract my lady?'
'I dont mean to offend your grace, but my dear brother, you seem to be trying to get away from your uncle.'
'He wishes to have you marry-'
'You said I could marry whom I like.'
'And it stands. My uncle is insistant, I wish not to face him now.'
'Instead to cross him now and face him later?'
'I am King of England, no man, including my uncle can tell me what to do.'
'I beg you tell your uncle that. You believe we notice not that he strikes you.'
'Not without reason.'
'Father would not have-'
'Our father is dead Elizabeth.'
Edward said no more before the door opened and a servant looked in, entering and bowed. Your majesty, the Lady Mary Tudor.' Beofre Edward had chance to object the Mary walked into the room, offered a deep coursy and looked at her brother. 'You are cancelling my right to practice mass I hear brother?'
'My Lady, I am your king and not your brother.'
'Your majesty, you cannot cancel-'
'I am King of England and can do as I please, cancelling your mass is an essential need.'
'Essential?'
'For the reformation, I cannot have you mass and my reformation.'
'Things are fine the way they are your grace'
'That is my decision. Now you are dismissed.'
Hs sisters coursied again and both left, Edward sat alone in the room and silently thought of what Elizabeth had said about the Lord Protector and about Jane Grey and the potential there