‹ Prequel: Child of Wolf
Sequel: The Guardians
Status: First Teen Wolf Fanfiction! Hopefully it doesn't suck!!!!

The Guardians

Introduction

”Derek, my mom has been watching over me like a prison warden lately,” I joke as I talk to my best friend on the phone, “she’s not going to let me out of her sight for a single second.”

“Then sneak out Siferd,” he laughs, “you’re a master at that. Plus the bonfire isn’t until after your mother’s medication induced bedtime.”

“You’re a horrible influence, you know that?” I chuckle, giving in to his plan. “I’ll meet you in the reserve around 10.”

“See you then.’ I can envision his smile, causing a smile to tug at my own lips before I hang up the phone. I shake my head as I toss my phone onto my bed, nearly hitting my cat Magik in the process. The black cat glares at me with golden eyes before jumping off the bed; prancing off to some other location in the house. I plop onto my bed and pick up my chemistry book; attempting to finish my chem homework that’s due Monday.

**

“Stacy!” I hear my mom’s voice bellow through the house. A groan escapes my lips as I throw my book down and swing my legs over my bed. My mom didn’t give me much time to get downstairs before she’s storming into my bedroom; looking frantic, more so than usual.

“Are you ok?” I ask, giving her my full attention, “you seem a little more manic than usual.”

“What are your thoughts on getting away this weekend?” She asks, “since today’s Friday we can have an extended weekend in Big Bear.”

“I’ve got two tests on Monday,” I inform her, “I can’t miss another English and Algebra test. The teachers already think I’m a waste of space.”

“That’s your fault for always skipping class with Derek.” Her face contorts into a look of disgust. While my dad loved the Hales, my mother wasn’t overly fond of them; mainly Derek’s mom.

“He’s my friend, you’re going to have to get used to him being in my life.” I remind her, “Dad’s been friends with the Hales for years; get over it. He’s not going to leave you for her; stop being so obsessive.”

My mother glares at me before storming out of the room. She never yells at me for talking to her the way I do; she just lets me throw in digs. She knows she’s crazy; part of her charm is what my father thinks of it. I just think that I’m better off minding my own business when it comes to their relationship. I don’t want to begin to think about their dysfunction.

I look over at my alarm clock and the red LED numbers read 9:50. I shove my feet in my sneakers and grab my jacket before opening my window and dropping down onto the lower roof that covers the front porch. Shimming my way over to the edge where the lattice is, I make sure I’m quiet; knowing my parents house is right by the lattice. Without much of a struggle, I climb down enough to drop down onto the ground.

Just as I’m about to walk away, the front porch lights turn on. I slowly turn around and see my mother standing there; decked in black leather, which is something I’m sure I’ve never seen in her closet.

“M-mom, what’s up?” I squeak out. My mom just simply looks at me with a cold, emotionless expression before walking down the stairs; caring two large duffel bags.

“We’re going on vacation,” she informs me, “I thought I should wait til tomorrow but it can’t wait.” With that she tosses one of the bags at me; it’s filled to the brink with clothing.

“What’s going on?” I ask, “this bag has more clothing in it then what’s suitable for an extended weekend.”

“We’re in danger, Stacy.” She tells me, “there isn’t much more I can say.”

“What about dad?” I ask, “isn’t he coming with us? And what kind of danger are we in? Can’t I just say with the Hales?”

“No!” She says quickly, fear soaking each word. “You can’t stay with them. Just please trust me on this Stacy, this is for your own good.”

I look at the park where I’m suppose to meet Derek before looking back at my mom, “can’t I just say goodbye to Derek?” I ask, pleading almost.

“It’s best if you didn’t.” Sorrow fills her words, “the less people that know we’re leaving, the better.”

Without really thinking, I walk towards my mom’s mini van and hop in the back with just about enough time to close the door before she backs out of the driveway and speeds off…


SIX YEARS LATER; SANTA FE, NEW MEXICO

“Hey Stacy!” My aunt, Gwen, exclaims as she walks into my dorm room; plopping down onto my bed. “How’s my favorite college graduate?” She asks, a proud smile appears on her lips.

“The fact I graduated early still hasn’t sunken in yet.” I admit as I finish packing up the last of my belongings.

“She would have been proud,” Gwen says, squeezing my shoulders as she mentions my mom. Five years and it still doesn’t seem real that she’s gone. Like this is a dream, a nightmare really.

“She’s not going to be happy with what I’m about to do, though.” I sigh, “she never wanted me to go back to Beacon Hills.”

“She doesn’t want you to get caught up in our life; our family heritage.” Gwen assures me, “she wasn’t big on the whole guardian thing; that’s why she never liked Talia.”

“I always thought she hated Talia because she felt threatened.” A humorless chuckle escapes my lips.

“She didn’t want you to end up like your father, you know.” Gwen says. “She was never a fan of the way Robert would bend over backwards for the Hale family. She saw you being drawn to them too. That’s why she loathed Derek.”

“I thought she didn’t like my taste in guys.” I softly chuckle before letting out a sigh. “Part of me is afraid to go back, you know. I know Derek is alive and he’s not going to forgive me for leaving like that. He has every right to want to kill me.”

“But he won’t.” Gwen says confidently. “He’s not gonna want to kill, especially when he knows what you are.”

“He’s still gonna want to kill me.” I point out, taping the last box shut.

“You obviously don’t know the Hales.” She laughs.

I just roll my eyes, muttering under my breath, “you obviously don’t know Derek….”
♠ ♠ ♠
Stacy; flashback
Stacy; present

This is my first Teen Wolf fanfic. It's based off of a dream I've had the last two nights. I figured my mind was trying to tell my something. So I'm writing it and hoping it doesn't suck.

comment&subscribe?