‹ Prequel: Child of Wolf
Sequel: The Guardians
Status: First Teen Wolf Fanfiction! Hopefully it doesn't suck!!!!

The Guardians

Tomorrow Never Comes

I walk into the hospital and head straight to the nurses station, earning the attention of Melissa, “which room is Cora Hale in?” I ask, frantically.

“She’s in 112 b,” she informs me, “they’re only letting family in at the moment, Stacy.”

“I am family.” I unintentionally snap at her before running down the hall, looking for the room. Gwen and Isabelle is quickly on my tail.

I get to the room and pause in front of the door; afraid to go in. Gwen walks up behind me and puts a hand on my shoulder, “it’s alright to be scared to go in; they were more your family then your own family.”

“I can’t see Derek heartbroken, it always upsets me.” I admit before attempting to swallow the lump in my throat. “Seeing him -of all people- vulnerable is the worst thing in the world.”

“Go to him, Stac,” Gwen orders, “he needs his best friend.”

I meekly nod my head before going into the room quietly. Silently I close the door behind me, despite knowing Derek can hear my anyway. But despite his wolf heightened hearing, he doesn’t move or even acknowledge me. Cora’s hand remains in Derek’s while Derek’s eyes never leave his sister’s sleeping body.

I take a deep breath before walking up behind him; wrapping my arms around his shoulders and nuzzling my face in his neck. “She’s going to be fine, Derek.” I assure him, “she’s a Hale after all.”

“I thought I lost her once, I don’t think I can lose her for real this time.” He admits, causing me to squeeze tighter.

‘You’re not going to lose her, we’ll find a way to get her better.” I tell him as I pull away, causing him to look away from Cora.

“You healed me, can’t you do the same for her?” He asks in a pleading tone. I bite my lower lip and shake my head, there wasn’t anything I can do. “What kind of Guardian are you then? You can’t even protect us.”

“I can heal battle wounds.” I inform him, “I don’t know what happened to her but the bruise on her head isn’t causing this. It’s something else. If I could do anything, I would.” I assure him, “but this is beyond me.”

“Leave.” He growls lowly before going back to his sister.

A sigh escapes my lips as I head out of the room without argument. Once I close the door behind me, Gwen comes running over to me as the tears fill my eyes. I know he’s snapping because he’s worried about his little sister -the only family he really has left- but I can’t help but to feel hurt.

“How did it go?” She asks as she wraps her arms tight around me.

“I’m a horrible Guardian.” I croak out, “I can’t even protect them. I can’t make things better. Cora is probably going to die and there is nothing I can do about it!” I cry out, only causing Gwen’s grip on me to tighten.

“You’re not a horrible Guardian,” she assures me, “there are some things we aren’t trained for. This would be one of them. Guardian’s can’t keep an eye on the whole pack all the time.” I don’t say anything as I pull away. Gwen looks at me, a frown forming on her lips. “Give me your car keys, you’re in no shape to be driving.” I do as I’m told and the three of us walk away and head back to my house…

**

I’m sitting on my couch watching Weeds with Isabelle in an attempt to get my mind off of everything; more importantly, Derek snapping at me.

“Stac, you shouldn’t let that guy get to you.” Isabelle tells me as she pauses the episode. “You’re an amazing Guardian, he’s just upset.”

“I know that but I still can’t help but to feel shitty!” I exclaim, “Iz, Derek and I have been best friends since we were in diapers. Seeing him like this and knowing I can’t do shit is the worst feeling ever! He might lose his baby sister for real this time.”

Before Isabelle can say anything, my phone goes off. I look at the caller ID and see Scott’s name coming up, “What’s up Scott?” I say, answering the call.

“We figured out the next pattern, it’s not Guardians like we previously thought, it’s philospers.” He replies, “the Darach is going after teachers.”

“What would you like me to do?” I ask him.

“Meet me at the school, now.”

“Aren’t most of the teachers on their way home by now?”

“They’re having an assembly, they’re still at the school.” He replies.

“I’m on my way.” I hang up on him before jumping off the couch and run to put on my boots and grab a knife or two.

“Where are you going?” Isabelle asks, running after me as I get everything I need.

“The school, something is going to happen.” I reply as I shove my feet into my boots.

“Can I come?” She asks, “it’s not like my mother is here. Plus this’ll be good training.”

I look at my younger cousin. She’s no older than Scott but she has no training before hand. If I bring her with me, I’m no better than Derek. A sigh escapes my lips as I nod my head, earning a squeal from the blonde.

“Try not to get yourself hurt.” I tell her as I hand her a knife. “You’re going to have to stick with me, this isn’t something we’re trained for.“ She simply nods her head as she put the knife in her boots and we head out the door; racing to get to the school.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?