‹ Prequel: Child of Wolf
Sequel: The Guardians
Status: First Teen Wolf Fanfiction! Hopefully it doesn't suck!!!!

The Guardians

Before I'm Dead

I roll my eyes as Derek goes over his ingenious plan with Boyd and Cora. Peter looks at me ever so often, a smirk on his lips. I just shake my head and continue to sit in the shadow; it’s not like my voice is going to be heard. Derek’s stubborn and isn’t going to listen to the angel on his shoulder but what else is new.

“I know where they are!” Scott exclaims as he bursts into the loft; interrupting Derek’s train of thought. Everyone -including myself- turns around and looks at Scott.

“Same building as the Argents,” Derek says, “we know.”

“Cora and I followed the twins.” Boyd adds.

“Then they want you to know.” Scott says, a look of pure shock and confusion with a hint of realization.

“Or more likely, they don’t care.” Peter counters.

“What is this?” Scott looks at the table and sees the blueprints Derek was showing the rest of the pack.

“Isn’t it obvious?” Peter asks, “the schemers are scheming, coming up with a coup de main; better known as a preemptive strike.”

“You’re going after them?” Scott questions.

“Tomorrow.” Derek replies, “and you’re going to help us.”

“What?” I yell coming out of the shadows, “you’re not involving Scott in this!”

“They’re one floor above them in the penthouse, “Derek goes on, ignoring me. “They’re right above Allison.”

“So kill them first?” Scott questions, “that’s the plan?”

“They won’t see it coming,” Boyd explains.

“Why is the default plan always murder?” Scott asks.

“Because they’re werewolves.” I mutter, earning a murderous glare from both Peter and Derek. I throw my hands up in defense before taking my seat back in the shadows.

“Just once can someone please come up with an idea that doesn’t involving killing everyone?” Scott demands. That’s my boy, I think to myself as a smirk appears on my lips.

“You never get tired of being so blandly moral, do you?” Peter questions, “not that disagree with him.” He says, leaning over to Derek.

“I do!” Cora interjects, “why do we need this kid?”

“This kid helped save your life,” Derek replies to Cora before looking right at Scott, “and you know we can’t sit back and wait for them to make the first move.”

“You can’t beat a pack of Alphas,” Scott states.

“What’s why we’re going after Deucalion.” Cora informs Scott, “just him.”

“Cut off the head of the snake and the body dies.” Boyd explains.

“Only this isn’t a snake,” Peter cuts in, “this is a hydra and like Scott says, they’re all Alphas.”

“Deucalion is still the leader.” Derek states.

“Well I hope so,” Peter says, “because you know what happened when Hercules cut off the head of a hydra?”

“Two more grew back in its place.” Scott replies, earning a proud smile from me.

A smirk appears on Peter’s lips, “someone’s been doing their summer reading.”

“Well I, for one, am not going to be part of this little plan of yours.” I state coming back out of the shadows. “Especially since you’re all for sending my cousin and two other teenagers into slaughter.”

“I thought I told you I didn’t want any of your input?” Derek asks, turning towards me.

“And you of all people should know I don’t listen well.” I counter, “this plan is stupid and idiotic. You can’t just take on the head Alpha without having to deal with his minions.” The group of werewolves remain silent. “I’m going to home now seeing as my voice isn’t being heard plus I’ve been up for almost 24 hours; my bed is really calling my name.” I walk over to Scott and briefly hug him before walking out of the loft. There is only so much crazy I can deal with…

I wake up the next morning, well afternoon, with a dozen text messages from Scott, Stiles and even Allison. Without looking at them I downstairs and get a bottle of wine from the rack and head back upstairs to run myself a nice relaxing bath.

As I take that supposedly relaxing bath, my mom wonders to our other problem; the Darach. I try and think back to everything I’ve heard about it; everything my aunt and uncle have taught me; but my mind keeps going blank. An annoyed sigh escapes my lips as I reach for the bottle of wine and take a lengthy swing of it. I lean my head against the tub, closing my mind allowing my brain to blank out; knowing I’ll be able to figure everything out once I’ve got a clear perspective of everything.

An hour later, after rummaging through my books; there is a knock on my door. A string of curse words slip through my lips as I walk over to open the door. Upon opening it, I see Scott’s friend Allison standing there. “Stacy, can I come in?”

“Yea,” I reply before moving out of the way, “come in, it looks like you need to talk.”

“I think Scott is going to do something stupid tonight.” She tells me as I shut the door, “I think he’s going to go talk to Deucalion tonight.”

“I feared that would happen,” I sigh, “especially after what we were talking about last night. He heard the pack’s murderous plan. He’s gonna want to stop it.”

“Do you know where it’s going to be located?” She asks, looking at me with a frantic, desperate expression. I simply nod my head in reply. “Do you think you can give me directions there? I can’t let the Alphas kill my friends.”

I bite my lip in thought. Allison is much like me when I was her age. I remember running off into a dangerous situation if it meant my friends remaining safe. ‘Allison, I can do better than show you.” I tell her, “I’ll take you to where they’re meeting…”
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?