Status: Writing!

And You Let Her Go

Wednesday

I ran through our apartment, gathering clothes along the way.

“Emily! They’ll be here any minute!” I shouted loud enough so she could hear.

“I know!” I heard her voice from the living room.

I shuffled over to that part of our little home and groaned when I saw her sitting on the coach, licking a spoon with nutella.

“Thank you for ridding your clothes from the hallway like I asked you to,” I narrowed my eyes at her, grabbing a stray bra from the floor.

“Come on, Char. Kathie Lee and Hoda are on. You know how I need my Kathie Lee and Hoda every morning,” she grinned, turning up the volume.

I rolled my eyes at her and put her clothes in the hamper. Note to self: find Emily a morning job. She worked the night shift at the hospital on Superior Street, yet she always woke up to watch that damn show.

I walked back into the living room and leaned against the door frame, staring at my best friend slash roommate slash lazy ass woman.

She finally looked over at me and raised her eyebrows, “What?” she asked with a mouthful of the chocolatey goodness.

“When they come… just be nice. They really want to meet you and I told them you did too.”

I didn’t know why I was so nervous; it was only the boys. I just couldn’t help but want them to feel welcome and comfortable in a CLEAN environment. Emily added the right amount of crazy character to this place as it already was...

“Aw babe, don’t worry about me. I’ll be the best little angel they’ve ever met,” she winked.

As if in response, our doorbell rang and we both froze. She shoved the spoon of chocolate in her mouth before shutting off our flat screen. I eyed the jar of nutella she left on our coffee table but decided against putting it back in the fridge.

The doorbell rang again.

“Calm the fuck down,” Emily sighed, walking past me. “It’s only your bestest mates,” she sang in a horrible accent. I nodded, taking a deep breath and walking towards the door.
I swung open the door and the boys were all standing there with silly grins.

“Hello, beautiful,” Louis kissed my cheek, walking in.

I opened the door wider and motioned for the rest of them to come in, “Welcome to our humble abode,” I said, turning around to find Emily shaking her head at me.

"Charlieeee!" Niall sang in my ear as he wrapped his arms around me. "Boy have I missed you, darlin'," he grinned at me.

Liam was next, "Always a pleasure, Jenson," he kissed my cheek.

"Seven months is just way too long. You'll just have to come with us everywhere we go so we don't miss you so much," Zayn hugged me, frowning. 

"We'll have to make the best of your visit then!" I replied, squeezing him back.

The walked in and stood in front of Emily, who all of a sudden looked slap-happy.

Harry lingered next to me, “Hi,” he whispered, his breath tickled my neck.

I blushed, looking up to meet his green eyes, “Hi.” He wore a white bandana in his hair, which proved to be sexier than I imagined. His navy blue and red flannel was unbuttoned at the top to reveal the heads of his sparrow tattoos.

Harry smirked, and I quickly looked away, blushing again.

“You must be the lovely Emily,” Zayn grinned, displaying his teeth.

“You must be One Direction,” she grinned.

I walked over to the awkward circle they formed and shook my head, laughing.

“Guys, this is Emily. Emily, guys,” I waved my hand in between them.

The boys introduced themselves and we moved to the couches.

“Please tell me you have some food in that fridge of yours, Jenson!” Niall stretched on the couch.

I groaned, “I’ll be right back with your feast,” Niall clapped his hands together in success and I chuckled in response.

I walked into the kitchen and took out some chicken salad I picked up from Dominick’s the other day.

“Need some help?” I immediately recognized the raspy voice behind me.

I turned around, “You can take these plates out,” I motioned to the cupboard above me.

He did as instructed, putting the plates next to the sink.

As I cut the remaining triangle of brie cheese we had, I felt Harry’s eyes on me as he leaned against the counter.

“How are you?” he asked.

I turned to face him and smiled, “Really good, thanks. I’m glad you guys wanted to come today.”

His lips turned up at that, “I’m glad you wanted us to.”

I giggled at our little exchange and we walked back to the living room with plates and food in hand.

Everyone was laughing at something Louis had said and I noticed Emily holding onto Liam’s knee, hunching over with laughter.

Niall jumped to the edge of his seat and eyed the food suspiciously.

“Did you make the salad?” he narrowed his eyes at me.

“Uhh… yes?”

“Excellent!” he rubbed his palms together and reached for a plate.

Harry shook his head laughing and we took our seats on the sofa across from Zayn and Louis. Our three couches formed three walls facing the television on the opposite side of the room.

“How’s the jetlag, boys?” they all groaned at my question, except for Harry who seemed content enough.

“Bloody awful,” Louis rested his head on the back of the couch. Liam sighed in agreement with a mouthful of cheese and crackers.

Emily smiled at Liam and grabbed a cracker herself. Was a friendship brewing already?

I pushed the thought away and Harry asked a question about “some place called McCormick where they hold cars.”

“You mean the auto show?” I found it so adorable when he was confused.

Zayn’s head snapped up at the word auto.

Harry’s eyes lit up, “I think so, yeah!”

I felt a smile turn up on my face as I thought of the time when my dad, Emily, and I used to go to the show together. But I instantly frowned when I thought of the crowds of people that attended. The boys would get pummeled just walking down the hallway that led to the show.

“I don’t know guys… there’s a shit ton of people every year,” I bit my lip.

“There’s a shit ton of people everywhere, babe,” Niall pointed out.

Emily scoffed, “But the amount of people there…” she shook her head leaning back against the couch.

“Aw, c’mon, there’s nothing we can’t handle!” Louis shot up, resting both hands on his hips.

Harry buried his face in his hands, chuckling at Louis’ antics.

“Paul will never let you,” I sat back crossing my arms.

“Yeah, you’re right. He’ll probably want to come with us,” Zayn nodded to himself.

My jaw dropped, “Umm…”

Harry put a hand on my knee, lightly squeezing, “C’mon Jenson, live a little,” he winked.

I narrowed my eyes at him, accepting the challenge.

“Fine, we can go. But if one of you get’s lost or stampeded by a crowd of hormone-driven girls, so help me god I will…” What would I do? “I don’t even know what I’d do but this is a bad idea!” I stated lamely.

The boys laughed at my pathetic excuse and all ran to hug me.

Louis shot his fist in the air, “Auto show here we come!!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhh- don't really like this chapter, but..
What do you guys think? I love hearing from you!