Status: Working hard on two other fics, having writers block on this one

The Lost Kingdom

Dead On Arrival

"And this will be your room, I hope you don't mind that there's only one bed. We don't have many guest rooms and Donna insisted on getting the only room we have with two beds because she refuses to share it with the Doctor." Dean smiled and smacked Merlin on the shoulder as he walked into the room, smiling widely remembering his time LARPing with Charlie and hoping it would be as fun as that was.

Cas walked in a little and looked around, Merlin followed behind them wanting to be polite. "Um... There are clothes in the closet over there," He motioned towards a large wardrobe facing the royal looking bed. "If you two were smart, you'd change. Even if you're our guests, everyone else would be very confused." He smiled happily, before a silence broke into the room.

Dean threw himself onto the bed almost, closing his eyes and relaxing on his back with a large grin. "Ahh.." He almost moaned. "Cas, you need to come feel this bed. I thought memory foam was good." Cas looked at Dean, confused and slight concern for the man was covering his face.

"Well, I'll leave you two for the night, tomorrow you will be treated by servants before waking up. I didn't want either of you to freak out to find a stranger in your bedroom." Cas took a seat that was idly sitting at a desk next to the bed.

"Nah," Dean waved a Merlin. "I got this stranger every morning." Dean pointed his thumb at Cas without opening his eyes.

Cas looked almost offended. "Dean, we've been together for seven years, I am no stranger?" Dean's smile fell and he rubbed his face.

"It's an expression, Cas."

"You looked happy when you said it." Dean rolled his head to look at the angel, annoyed.

"Nevermind Cas." Dean went back to his relaxing state, closing his eyes and rolling onto his stomach.

Merlin nodded a good bye at Cas before slipping out of the room quietly. Cas pushed himself up and walked over to the closet. "We should probably change." Dean groan from behind him, Cas took that as him saying later.

Cas shrugged off his coat and loosened his tie, unbuttoning his shirt quietly. "Cas, what the hell are you doing?" Cas turned to see Dean was sitting up now, holding himself up with only a hand.

"I am getting changed." He said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the entire world. He pulled his tie off and draped it over the chair he was sitting at earlier, along with his coat. His shirt was completely unbuttoned but he wanted to hear what Dean had to say before taking that off too.

"In the middle of the room?" Cas looked around.

"Why not? No one is in here except for you." Dean closed his eyes, giving up all hope and dropping down onto his back. Cas shrugged and continued to get undressed.

He moved over the the window next to the bed, wanting to see how the world looked back then. It had gotten quiet dark, not knowing the time bothered Cas more then anything.

As he was pulling a loose light brown colored v-neck, he noticed something moving down below. He squinted, trying to see it better. He realized it was Merlin.

Merlin continuously checked behind him, making sure no one was following him having said he needed some air. The knights had offered to go with him, saying it would be saver with them around. All Merlin did was look at them and say 'do you remember who I am?' causing the knights to blush and leave him alone.

Merlin rushed out of the castle, heading straight for the large forest just next to it. Merlin had demanded the forest be free to travel through all the way around the castle instead of having to physically leave the Castle to get in, saying the forest was the only place he was comfortable being while in bad moods and he didn't want the whole town to see him like that whenever he wanted to leave to the forest.

Cas quickly followed him, showing up in random spots around him so he was able to watch Merlin. Sometimes he'd transport into a tree or a few yards away from him, wanting to see where the man was traveling to this late at night.

Once Merlin got to the forest edge, he began to sprint which only confused Castiel even more. He was magic, why did he look like he was running from someone?

It wasn't until he got deep into the forest that he found a spot. Merlin slowed down in the middle on a large field, now very far away from the castle. Castiel stood, watching what was going to happen next from just inside the forest lining.

Cas heard Merlin yell something in another language that he was unfamiliar to. He watched as Merlin's eyes lit up gold as he stared at the sky. Seconds barley passed when Cas heard the sound of large wings, it couldn't have been angels, these sounded to large for an angel.

Cas watched carefully, a large red scaled dragon dropped down in front of Merlin, causing Cas to jump back and eject his wings as self defense. Lucky no one bothered to notice Cas' fluttering wings, both figuring it was just the wind from the wings.

The dragon didn't just drop onto his feet though, it dropped down harder then it meant to, fall down onto his side. Merlin panicked and ran towards it, rubbing it lightly on the neck.

"No! No no no no no!" Merlin was panicking, knowing the dragon had little time left but not wanting it to be up already. He looked around the little part of the dragon he was able to see having it be huge compared to him.

Nothing seemed to look bad, besides the fact his eyes had drained in color and he was looked much less red then he did when Merlin last called him.

"This can't be the last time!" Merlins eyes started to get wet, not wanting to lose him no matter how many times they'd bumped heads, he was always there to help Merlin, continuously saving his life and helping him protect Camelot.

"I warned you, young warlock." Kilgharrah laughed softly, causing pain to soar through Merlins chest. "Alas this is the last time you will see me, but I have something to give to you." He smiled lightly trying to get Merlin to stop crying. "The man in the box and the angels..." He spoke softly, Cas listened tentatively. "They are here to help you and young Arthur..." He had to keep stopping to take deep breaths. "The... The kingdom will rise again, and they're the only ones who can help you now..." Merlin took in a deep breath and watched as the dragons eyes began to close slowly, shooting open again not being done with him speech. "Love will show you what you need to do..." He smiled weakly, Merlin rubbed his nose on the back of his shirt sleeve.

"Is that what you needed to give me?" He hiccuped, not having cried yet but been close.

The dragon laughed lightly. "No, not yet." A rough smile spread across his face. "Once you let me go you will receive what I have to give to you." Merlin could feel the dragons breathing slow.

"But-"

"Now, young warlock. You're just putting me in more agony then I want." Merlin shut his mouth, knowing he had to let go. He hesitated before nodding a little and then a lot, trying to hide his reddened face.

The water in his eyes had disappeared but his nose was still running. He wiped his nose again, standing up and stepping away from the dragon. The dragon continued to smile.

"Thank you, young warlock. We have been through a lot and you deserve to have this." He laughed a little, getting hit by a mild coughing fit. Merlin stood there with a stern face as he watched the dragon relax and close his eyes.

Before he could even breath, the dragon lit up like the sun causing Merlin to flinch and cover his eyes, still wanting to see what was going on. Cas just watched, unaffected by the brightness, being used to brighter lights from his family.

Cas caught everything in his mind, Merlin had to look away afraid his eyes would burn out of his head if he continued to look. The dragons large, bright form slowly became smaller and smaller until it was compacted into a ball like structure. Merlin uncovered his eyes, being able to see it.

"What the..." He spoke under his breath as the ball moved slowly towards him. It slammed into his chest, throwing his backwards into the woods hitting a tree harder then humanly possible.

Cas stood wide eyed, wanting to run and help but also wanting to stay where he was. If Merlin wasn't hurt, he didn't want to get caught spying on him.

As Cas expected, Merlin was fine. He pushed himself up, just cracking his back and neck. Cas couldn't have been more confused.

Before Merlin began back towards to castle, he looked around to see if anyone was around. He told Arthur and the knights about everything, except the dragon, knowing that was going to far.

Merlin began towards the castle. Cas didn't follow him, instead he went back to his room.

"CAS!" Dean yelped and covered himself, he was only in boxers. He figured Cas had left so he decided to get changed. "Could you knock before coming in?!" He yelled throwing a pillow at the angel.

"I'm sorry, Dean." Cas felt offended, this being half his room, not just Deans. Dean watched Cas before pulling a shirt on over his head and crawling into bed. Cas still hadn't moved from the spot where he appeared.

"Are you going to sleep?" Dean had left some room in the bed to share with Cas, knowing he's been trying to become more human.

Cas watched Dean, wanting so badly to slip under the covers with him and watch him sleep soundlessly next to him. He was staring at Dean desperately before looking away, cheeks turning slightly pink.

Dean rolled his eyes and moved over more. "Get your ass in bed. But you have to put the wings away." Cas nodded and pulled them back in, slipping out of his dress pants and sliding into bed next to Dean who rolled over to face away from Cas.

He looked around for awhile before he finally gave in and settled with watching Dean sleep. He rolled around in his sleep, rolling into his other side to face Cas. He was almost blushing when Dean moved closer on accident.

As the night progressed, Dean continued to move closer and closer until he finally groaned and curled up against Cas' side. Cas put his around lightly around him, not wanting to wake him up.

A small smile spread across Cas' face, one of the first and most human things he's ever done. He decided he'd try something new. He lightly kissed Dean's forehead, leaving another freckle on his face, before relaxing into bed and closing his eyes. Within a few minutes he drifted off into sleep unknowingly.

This was the first night he's slept.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really hope you guys liked this chapter, I know it ran by quickly but I'm trying to get ready for a trip thats happening tomorrow so I'm trying to update everything before I leave. (: