Status: Finished! (Has A Sequel)

Iris

Do It Now, Remember It Later

Justin, Luka, and I went downstairs to still see Gwen crying. “Gwen cut the tears.” I said. She just kept on sobbing.
“Please don’t leave and take Luka.” She sobbed to me.
“Nope. I’m taking Luka and that’s that.” I said going to the front door. Justin had Luka resting on his hip and I had our suitcases. “You should have cared more.” I said to Gwen.
“I do care!” She said. “I didn’t mean what I said earlier!” She screeched.
“Yep, I’m sure you didn’t.” I said.
“Please!” She said. I opened the front door.
“Ya know Gwen, I’ve been saying please for the last 10 years of my life and what did you say to me every time? You said no so I’ll say it to you. No.” I said and threw the door open. I walked out and drug the suitcases down the stairs on our-Gwen’s-porch. I saw the Sleeping With Sirens bus down the street. Did I really want to do this? Going back to Gwen’s place wasn’t an option but sleeping at hotel to hotel was. Or we could move in with a friend. But isn’t Justin my friend? No, I just met him. He’s an acquaintance and I’m just staying at his place for a while. That’s all. Nothing is going on between us. I heard Justin shut the door and we started walking down the street. “Was it always like that at your place?” Justin asked breaking the silence.
“Yeah, pretty much. Gwen would get mad at me I’d leave for a few days and then she’d break down and every time I went back. I don’t know why though. I should have known she’d keep doing it after the second time.” I said in reply.
“Ah, explains why you seemed to hate her so much.” He said.
“Yeah, tell me bout it.” I said. “Luka didn’t deserve that.”
“I agree. He didn’t he’s too much of a good kid.” Justin said. We walked the rest of the way in silence until Justin’s phone rang. He took his other hand and reached for his back pocket and pulled out his phone. He looked at the screen. “Kellin.” He said and answered the phone. “Hello?” He said. “Yeah, I know.” He nodded. “Okay, well we’ll be there in about a minute.” Said Justin. “Oh, um. I’ll tell you on the bus but some people are gonna be staying with us for a while.” Justin said. “Alright, we’ll see you on the bus.” He said and hung up the phone.
“So what’d he say when you said we’re gonna be on the bus for a while.” I asked.
“Uh, he said we’ll talk about it on the bus.” Justin said. I nodded.
“If he doesn’t want us on the bus then we’ll leave.” I said and heard Luka make a grunting noise.
“What’s wrong buddy?” Justin asked. Luka held out his arms to me and Justin made a face.
“He needs to tell me something.” I said taking Luka into my arms. Luka cupped his small hands around my ear again.
“I wanna stay with Justin.” He said and I smiled and nodded. This time I cupped my hands around his ear.
“I do too Luka, I do too.” I said and he smiled right back at me. That was truth, 100%

When we got to the bus everyone was already loaded on. Justin held the doors of the bus for me and Luka. Justin and I had switched and I’d just kept Luka with me and Justin had taken the luggage. I walked onto the bus and set Luka down he was almost 8 he could walk. The guys were sitting and talking and laughing. Luka ran down the aisle and stopped next to Jesse. “Luka!” I tried calling after him.
“He’s fine.” I heard Justin say. Jesse lifted his arm.
“Kellin,” He said and Kellin looked at him. “Did you have another kid without us knowing?” Jesse asked.
“No I didn’t.” Kellin said.
“Ah, then who is this?” Jesse asked. I ran down the aisle to get him. “Girl from last night!” Jesse said.
“Sorry.” I said. I lightly smacked Luka’s hand. “Don’t do that!” I said.
“Who is this?” Kellin asked pointing to Luka.
“My little brother.” I said.
“Oh he can sit down.” Kellin said. I pointed to a seat next to Gabe.
“Go sit down.” I said. Luka gave me a mean look (for hitting his hand) and sat down.
“Well, these are our new roommates.” I heard Justin say behind me.
“Well, why didn’t you tell us it was Naomi and her brother?” Jesse asked. “I deemed her worthy of my friendship last night.” He said> I laughed.
“Deemed me worthy?” I asked.
“Yeah, when you took your shirt off and started slinging it around over your head and shouting then tripped and passed out in the bathtub at Isabella’s place.” He said.
“Well, thank you for telling me how my shirt ended up in the sink.” I said. Jesse tipped his head.
“No problem.” He said.
“You are a pretty crazy drunk.” Kellin said.
“Yeah, I know.” I said.
“Uh, I’m guessing this is gonna be your bunk.” Said Justin pointing to the bunk behind me. “Luka can sleep with me or you. I don’t mind.” He said.
“He’ll decide on his own later tonight.” I said.
“Luka huh?” Jack said. Luka looked at him with wide blue eyes. “That your name?” Jack asked. Luka just nodded.
“He doesn’t mean to be rude.” I said quickly. “He’s a mute.” I said. Jack made a face that seemed like he was say ‘Ah I get it.’ and nodded.
“Why’s that?” He asked.
“Our psycho mother, Gwen.” I said. “I’m glad I left her ass finally.” I said.
“Well, you don’t seem to like her.” Jack said.
“An understatement would be that I hate her.” I said.

Later on that night we were all about to go to sleep and I asked Luka who he wanted to sleep with. He shockingly pointed to Justin. I didn’t want to let him but then I realized I was acting like and over protective parent. Could you blame me? The kid had been through a lot. Eventually I sighed and nodded. “Don’t worry.” Justin said. “He’ll be fine with me.” I nodded.
“He better be or it’s your head.” I winked at him and he smiled.
“Okay, night.” He said and let Luka crawl into his bunk. He crawled in after Luka. I put on some pajamas (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=92638581). I crawled in my bunk and laid there. I looked up at the ceiling for a long time until I got tired. I just wanted to think for a while. What I was gonna do when Luka and I had to leave. Why Justin even offered for us to live on the bus for a while. I didn’t know but I was curious to find out. Before I went to bed I made that my goal. Find out what Justin’s intentions were. But the thing was I was so used to guys being nice and having intentions behind the kindness that I didn’t even think he could have just been doing it because he wanted to. It didn’t matter though. I’d find out and with that I went to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Make sure you comment and tell me what you think! Thanks for reading!