‹ Prequel: Beneath Your Perfect
Status: Active!

Take Me as I Am

You'll Have To Be A Stronger Man

My body ached and my head pounded. I groaned and refused to open my eyes knowing that more pain would only come. I nestled further into the cocoon of blankets and pillows I had made and stretched out to the warm and empty side next to me.

The annoying shuffling that was continuing around my room was beginning to annoy me to the point of opening one eye. I groaned again as the light hit my, probably blood shot, eye. There was movement on the opposite side of my bed, a mess of blonde hair I could just see above the top of the mattress before said boy suddenly straightened up and pulled his jeans upwards. I wasn’t too disappointed by the lack of view; I had had the view all night.

“Shhh.” I mumbled tiredly in my position as Niall began to make more of a racket, seeming to search for something.

“I need my keys.” He grumbled, his accent was thicker this time of morning. I waved him away before burying my head into the closest pillow. It smelled a lot like him I wrinkled my nose and pushed it away; grabbing my own for comfort instead.

“I’m out.” Nialls’ voice carried from the living room after a set of keys jingled. I didn’t bother replying; the front door shut not long after.

Smiling into the pillow I dozed on and off comfortably. It was a Saturday which meant no work. I didn’t need to get up until my hangover was at least minimal. My friends, however, decided now would be the best time to show up. Of course.

“Is he still in there? Because I really don’t have any interest in seeing Niall naked.” Jade’s voice carried through the door. I groaned and lifted my head up far enough to see my clock. It was almost midday.

“He’s not here. I’m the only one naked.” I grumbled as a reply and pulled the blanket over my head.

“He left already?” Jade asked. I could practically hear the frown in her voice.

“Yes that’s the point. We use each other for mutual orgasms and the basic need to cuddle after sex. Then he leaves, no breakfast, no chit chat and no relationship.” I pulled the blanket down under my chin, looking up at a disapproving Jade. Sarah seemed to be nudging Niall’s forgotten boxers across the floor, her nose wrinkled in disgust. I smirked at her. “This work’s for me.”

“Yeah, yeah I know.” Jade mumbled frowning down at me. I refrained from rolling my eyes, just glad we weren’t starting our usual argument. She always thought I wouldn’t be able to always live like this. I never said I wouldn’t commit, I just didn’t want to commit now. I was too busy; I had only just received a bonus last week after helping out One Direction’s marketing team. I had worked wonders for Liam’s new image.

It helped that I knew the boys well enough for them to praise me but I knew I deserved it. I might not be good at relationships but I was damn well good at my job and proud of it. I wasn’t going to let distractions step in the way of my goals.

“So how did yours and Liam’s one month anniversary go?” I asked Jade, changing the subject. She smiled sickeningly and fell into the spot where Niall had slept last night. I debated whether to tell her only to wipe the smile off her face. I refrained.

“Perfect. We stayed at his place and he cooked dinner, there was wine and everything.” She sighed, her eyes centered on my ceiling.

“Did you have sex yet?” I asked, pushing the blankets off and heading towards my dresser for my pajamas.

“Tactful.” Sarah snorted, falling onto the armchair placed in the side of my bedroom. There was silence from Jade’s end. I turned to see her blushing.

“You did!” I squealed excitedly. She blushed darker again. “I’m surprised either of you left each other today.” I fell back down on the bed next to Jade, fully clothed.

“He had some promo thing today.” She smiled shyly. That would explain why Niall had already left, he tended to wake up after me most days. I voiced my thoughts to the girls.

“He didn’t tell you where he was going?” Jade asked confused.

“I don’t think there is much talking going on between them.” Sarah voiced, not taking her eyes away from her phone. Her thumbs moving fast enough to look like a game.

“How was it?” Jade looked at me confused. “Sex with Liam?” I laughed at her confusion.

“Good, so good.” She sighed and fell down on my bed, head lying where Niall’s was not that long ago. “He was so, so…”

“So what?” Sarah asked, looking up from her phone.

“Attentive!” Jade exclaimed before falling into giggles, I laughed at her choice of words. “I don’t think I’ve had a guy pay so much attention to my needs.”

“You’ve been with the wrong boys then love.” I murmured thinking about my own night. Niall was good he was always good. Even the nights that I couldn’t remember due to alcoholic haze, I knew he was good. Apparently being a boy band member and sleeping around the world ensured you knew what you were doing.

“Is it weird that I’m jealous of both of you and your post-orgasmic bliss.” Sarah frowned from her chair, phone forgotten on her lap.

“Don’t worry my brothers will be back in a week and then you and Jared can do whatever nasty things you like to do.” Jade screwed up her face at Sarah who squawked indignantly. “It’s my brother Sarah, I consider everything you do together disgusting and not apart of my imagination.”

“Whatever,” She scoffed wittily. “Get dressed Aria we’re going to get food.”

“Shower first, you smell like sex.” Jade complained, shoving my shoulder on the bed.

“You sure it’s not the bed sheets. Niall and I had a good roll around last night.” I smirked at the thud I received in response when I headed towards my bathroom.

-

“Stop glaring! You look homicidal.” Jade snapped at me.

“They won’t stop taking photos.” I grumbled back, narrowing my eyes further towards the girls at the table next to us. They kept their phones face towards us.

“Yes because I’m dating a member of the biggest boy band in the world. Their probably hoping he will walk in any second.” Jade waved her arm wildly towards the door almost smacking my head. I moved and took my eyes away from the girls.

“Sometimes I think you just like stating that you date Liam.” I accused her. She blushed slightly before taking a sip of her drink making a point not to answer. I turned to share a smile with Sarah to see her pouting down at her phone.

“Seriously Sarah! Really?” I groaned, reaching forward to snatch it off the table. She almost dived over it to get it back. I raised my eyebrow at her; she smiled sheepishly and sat back down. “You need to stop staring at this.”

“He hasn’t replied.” She frowned.

“In what five minutes?” Jade teased her.

“That’s it we are going out tonight.” I decided, placing Sarah’s phone in my bag, hoping she didn’t notice. The look she sent me showed me that she had.

“Do we have to?” Jade whined. Her own phone was sitting on the table her eyes strayed to it every now and then.

“Yes and no boys at all. You cannot invite Liam and you cannot contact Jared at all.” I decided for them both. I received pouts. “We’re going out to have fun and you two can be my wing-women.”

Jade shot me a shocked look.

“What? I don’t have work tomorrow, meeting a nice stranger and going home with him will be a nice end to my weekend.”

“What about Niall?” Jade asked instantly. I shook my head at her, reaching for my milkshake.

“What about Niall? Jade.” I sucked in the straw; she sat back in her chair and hunched her shoulder. Before she could say anything more her phone vibrated. Mine did at the same time. I grabbed it and ignored Sarah’s look. It was from Niall.

Free 2nite

I bit my lip and read his message again. If I hooked up with Niall again tonight that would be two nights in a row, and the third weekend in a row.

Sorry. I promised the others a girls night.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter of the sequel! Hope you guys are a little bit intrigued! This will only be a short story though, probably like 10-15 chapters. Haven't figured it out exactly but not much more than that.

Also bonus points for anyone that figured the song this story is based around without googling any lyrics!! ;P That songs is a pretty big hint on how this story is going to go!

xx