‹ Prequel: Beneath Your Perfect
Status: Active!

Take Me as I Am

I'm a Bitch

It was too hot for a winter morning. I tried to kick the blankets off but the squirming made the arm around my waist tighten. Tighten to the point where claustrophobia hitting me first thing in the morning was becoming a possibility.

I squirmed and pushed against the arm across me, the too warm body next to me moved impossibly closer against my back. The hand reached for my phone shutting my alarm off. Like he had a right to turn my alarm off; his cold nose pushed against my neck, disgustingly snuffling against my hot skin.

I squirmed some more and finally pushed the arm off me. Grabbing my phone, I stumbled towards my bathroom, barely glancing at the person sleeping in my bed.

I dialed Jade’s number automatically, bringing the phone to my ear. I waited a moment before her voice answered through the phone.

“Please don’t tell me you need me to come over?” She grumbled into the speaker.

“Please? I have to leave for work soon.” I grumbled out, taking a peak out of the bathroom door to the guy now sprawled across my whole bed, he was beginning to snore. I cringed and shut the door behind me. I hated snoring.

“Can’t he just stay?” I could hear the tiredness in her voice.

“He’s snoring.” I complained while checking my face in the mirror. I still had make up from last night staining my face. I felt disgusting and I smelled like sex.

“Find I’ll be over there in twenty. At least let me look half reasonable.” She hung up before I could say anything. I jumped in the shower quickly washing away the sweat from last night before grabbing my towel and wrapping it around myself.

I peeked out of the bathroom door and sighed in relief when the guy was nowhere to be seen. I kept my hair in the towel while sliding on a black pencil skirt and a white blouse. I grabbed my coral coloured blazer and headed towards the kitchen. I began to dial Jade’s number letting her know there was no need when I heard a whistle. I immediately canceled the call and looked up.

Stranger from last night was leaning against my kitchen counter, a cup of coffee in his hand, acting like he owned the place. His eyes looked me up and down; he hadn’t even bothered to make me a coffee.

“You look hot. You a librarian?” I glared at him; he was becoming considerably less hot as time went by.

“Actually I’m a marketing manager in one of the biggest companies in the world. I control over a hundred workers in my area. Every day I meet with celebrities who have stuffed up their lives hoping that I can resurrect what little self respect they have left.” I dumped my blazer on my stool never taking my eyes away from his.

“Who did you have to sleep with for that job?” He grinned at me cockily and took a drink from my cup. I rolled my eyes and stepped past him needing my own coffee.

“So nice place you got. Parent’s buy it for you?” I huffed annoyed before turning to glare at him again; he seemed unaffected.

“Did you not understand the implied hugely successful part of my job? I get paid a lot.” I snapped at him feeling my temper grow worse. His looks definitely didn’t make up for his terrible personality. “Like seriously! Are you normally this sexist? Did we not speak last night or something?”

“I don’t know. You were definitely screaming.” He smirked and winked at me. I almost vomited in my mouth.

“That is just absolutely disgusting that you used that line. Do you live in a movie?” I screwed my face up at him before grabbing the mug out of his hands. “Out, get out!” His eyes widened like he was actually shocked that his behavior was considered rude.

“Seriously get your shit and get out. Or don’t get your shit. I don’t really care! Just get the fuck out.” I hissed at him, flapping my arms in the direction of the door. He rolled his eyes and grabbed his jumper and shoes from the floor in the hallway; his wallet from the table.

“Slut.” He grumbled on the way to the door.

“Oh that’s rich! Coz it’s perfectly fine for you to sleep around but not me!” I yelled at his back wishing that I could burn a hole through the back of his head.

The door slammed shut. I sighed and dumped his mug in the seat. Why did I always meet assholes at clubs? The door opened again. I whipped around ready to start yelling when Jade appeared in front of me.

“I’m assuming you don’t need my help by the way an angry guy just marched into the elevator?” Jade casually jumped onto one of my kitchen stools.

“He was a sexist pig who needed to be taken down a damn few notches.” I grumbled at her, I cursed when I saw I had to leave for work soon and I hadn’t finished my hair or make up. Breakfast would have to wait.

“I’m so glad you’re in a horrible mood this morning.” Jade mumbled, following me into my room. “This is why you shouldn’t sleep a…”

I cut her words off with the hairdryer as it blew through my damp hair. She glared at me; I smirked in return. I wasn’t in the mood for her lectures today.

“Fine!” She yelled over the hairdryer and I turned it off, running my fingers through my dry hair.

“You want to come over for dinner later?” She asked as I began to spread foundation over my face, watching myself carefully in the mirror.

“Probably not. Too tired. I’ll probably just crash when I get home.” I mumbled to her; trading in my foundation brush for eyeliner.

“Fine but if you hook up with anyone tonight I’m not helping you out in the morning.” She grumbled, leaving the room. I ignored her; she would help if I asked. She always did. Her or Sarah never got really angry with me, only ever frustrated.

I grabbed my stuff and took the stairs to the ground floor knowing the elevator would take too long. I slid my heels on once I reached the bottom before racing outside. It was raining.

I cursed loudly and received glares from the people around me before I placed my suitcase above my head and moved towards the street, hailing down a taxi.

“How’s your morning been so far, Miss?” The cab driver asked politely after I rattled off my work address. I shot him a look, knowing that my hair was damp.

“I’m actually running late for work so if you could get the quickest way there.” I motioned to the road and focused on my phone as I dialed my receptionist’s number.

“Aria Melaney’s office, how can I help you?”

“Jessica it’s me. I’m running late. What do I have this morning?” Jessica immediately rambled off everything I had this morning.

“Push everything back half an hour and I want the ones who were supposed to be handling the marketing for that new stupid reality show that Rob’s got me handling. Let them know that I’m in a bad mood and they better have something good for me.” I hung up and threw me head back against the car seat.

Having a one-night stand before work the next day never ended well for me. I always got in a bad mood and ran late. After having the douchebag of the century n my kitchen this morning my day had already been ruined.

I ran into the office after hurriedly paying the cab driver. I ignored most people along the way, needing to be in my office twenty minutes ago. When I got there I grabbed the coffee from Jessica and pushed into my office where a nervous team of five people sat cautiously on the chairs. Barely sitting at all. I let out a sigh. They didn’t have good news.

“Do I even want to know?” I grumbled, moving behind my desk and dumping my suitcase on top of it with a bang, they all flinched. One of the girls opened her mouth but I held up her hand, my phone was vibrating. I glanced down to see Niall’s name flash across the screen. I rejected the call.

“Now who’s going to tell me who stuffed up?” I fell down into my chair and glared at the people in front of me. They began talking and I knew instantly it was going to be a long day. I would have to go through everything they did and figure out how the hell someone could threaten to sue us when the stupid reality show hadn’t aired yet. Or the fact that Rob was going to call me up to his office at any point to talk about the mess that I hadn’t been involved in.

I looked down as my phone buzzed with a message. It was from Niall again.

U free 2nit

Sighing I dropped my phone in my drawer and placed my head in my hands. I could already feel the headache coming on.

-

I didn’t leave work until 8pm. And I had only talked the producers out off suing us an hour ago. All because someone insulted someone else which led to Rob lecturing us all on how to talk and respect our clients. It was a nightmare and I could feel the tension settling in my shoulders.

I searched for Niall’s number in my phone and pressed call while hailing a cab; it rung out as I directed the cab driver home. I frowned at the phone and grumbled under my breath.

By the time I walked inside my building Niall was calling me back.

“Yeah?” He yelled through the phone. I winced at the loud bass coming through it. He must have gone out partying, I frowned. It pissed me off to no end that Niall could go out and party and get paid for it while the rest of us had to work.

“Guess you’re not free,” I grumbled to him, stepping inside the elevator.

“I texted but you never replied. Big surprise.” The loud music got softer and I assumed he walked outside. I glared at my reflection in the mirrors of the elevator. My hair hung limp around my shoulder, my skin pale and my eyes were bloodshot. I was a mess.

“I was busy.” I snapped unnecessarily through the phone. I was angry, not with Niall, but the fact that nothing had gone my way today and I knew Niall wasn’t going to come over now he was out. I wasn’t going to ask either, I wouldn’t beg him; he didn’t need to be here.

“Yeah well now I am.” He snapped back.

“God I don’t know why I bother with you.” I growled into the phone, storming towards my apartment door and throwing the key in the lock.

“You’re a bitch Ari.” Niall grumbled before ending the call.

“Yeah I know.” I yelled at the dial tones before throwing my phone on the couch. It bounced and landed on the ground. I held back a scream, not caring if it had cracked or not. I just wanted to restart this whole day again.
♠ ♠ ♠
So it took me a disgustingly long time to get this chapter out and I'm not happy about that. So much shit has been happening and unfortunately this just wasn't a priority which sucks because I am so excited for this story. So I'm sorry guys and I hope I can start getting these chapters out quicker!

On a brighter note. You are all amazing for already subscribing, commenting and recommending when I've only posted one chapter! So thank you and I do not deserve you!!

But I hope you enjoyed. Aria is definitely very different to Jade!

xx