‹ Prequel: Beneath Your Perfect
Status: Active!

Take Me as I Am

I'm A Sinner

The pain shot straight through my small toe. I clamped my mouth shut to stop myself from screaming loud enough to wake up the rest of the building. Instead I chose to slam my hand into the wall a couple of times. Stepping back, I took a deep breath and tested my weight on my foot. It was fine, just slightly numb. I threw a final glare at my offending wall before grabbing my bag and slamming my way out of my apartment.

I rushed across the road, flipping off the cars that beeped, and bolted up the stairs to Jade’s apartment. They needed to fix the elevator in this building. Without hesitation I pushed against Jade’s door and strolled straight through into the kitchen. Liam jumped startled while Jade barely acknowledged me, too busy staring at her laptop mournfully.

“Ran out of coffee.” I grumbled to them both before grabbing the mug that Liam had been about to give Jade. By the way she was staring at her laptop she wouldn’t be consuming anything other then chocolate in the near future.

“Good morning to you Aria.” Liam rolled his eyes and walked back to the coffee machine.

“What happened?” I leant over to look at Jade’s laptop, it was a blank screen.

“My life just died, literally died in front of me.” It was times like these when I fully realised how dramatic Sarah, Jade and I were.

“So take it to get it repaired.” I shrugged at her.

“I ‘ave a friend who’s really good with computers, he could probably repair it and make sure your work stays on it.” Jade looked at Liam like he had personally planned and created humanity. It didn’t take much for Jade to look at Liam like that, it was slightly revolting especially before nine in the morning. I fake gagged into my coffee when she pulled him down into a kiss, there was most definitely tongue and who knew the amount of morning breath. They were disgustingly domestic.

“Okay now I can deal with you.” I scoffed as Jade pushed her laptop away and turned her attention to me. “Bad morning?”

“You can say that again, apparently my building lost power in the middle of the night so when I woke up I assumed that I had slept in since my clock was flashing right? So here I am rushing around getting ready where I find I have no coffee and then I notice that it’s barely seven yet. Then I realise that it’s Monday and I don’t even have to start work today until ten. So after trying not to vomit up the breakfast I forced down my throat I couldn’t find all these papers I was working with on the weekend and when I did find them I find out that my nephews had drawn on like half of them!” Liam left the room as Jade continued to look at me with sympathy. “Then I stub my toe on the damn wall while trying to come here, not to mention the cars that tried to hit me while crossing the road.”

“More coffee then?” Jade stood up and grabbed my mug, refilling it for me. I practically inhaled the drink as she sat it down in front of me.

“To top it off my day won’t be getting better with the clients that I have appointments with. Can’t I just crawl into your bed and hide for the day?” I pouted at her as she shook her head and gently patted down my hair.

“Do you want to come over after work and we can just eat ice cream and watch shitty romance movies?” I shook my head at Jade and leant back against my chair, grabbing my phone from my pocket.

“No I want to get laid.” I grumbled scrolling through my phone to Niall’s name. “Niall better not be busy tonight.”

“Uh Niall’s not actually here, in the country.” I looked up as Liam came back into the kitchen fully clothed; I frowned at the lost opportunity to ogle his bare body.

“Where is he?” I asked confused, Niall hadn’t said anything about leaving.

“He’s taking like a week holiday in America. He’s had this planned for ages with his mates from school. Like a celebration before his birthday.” I sat there for a moment processing Liam’s explanation. Not only was Niall not in the country, he also had been planning this holiday for ages that he hadn’t even mentioned it to me. Not that he had to tell me what he was always doing; I just would have thought that he would have mentioned this over the weekend.

“I’m going to work.” I stood up, leaving my half finished coffee on the table and reaching for my bag.

“I thought you weren’t starting until ten.” I ignored Jade and slammed out her door rushing down to the traffic to hale a cab. I was ready to immerse myself in my work for the rest of the day, not think about anything else.

-

My fingers were numb as I gripped the glass, swallowing the rest of the bitter liquid. It burned, closing my eyes I enjoyed the warmth flood through me. Giggling, when I opened my eyes the flashing lights of the club spun around me.

“Can I buy you another drink?” I turned to see the seat beside me at the bar taken. The guy was blonde and tall. Smiling, I nodded and reached out to grab his arm. He had muscles too.

“What’s your name?” He asked waving down the bartender.

“Aria.” Grabbing onto his arm I tried to straighten in the chair grabbing the new drink he bought me. I sculled that down and grinned back at his shocked expression.

“Come on.” I grabbed his hand laughing when he stumbled off the chair to follow me through the club and out the door.

“Mine or yours?” He asked easily, arm wrapping around my waist. All boys tried to be possessive after they thought they had you.

“Definitely mine.” I stumbled towards the closest cab, using the guy for support. He innocently stayed seated next to me, ignored my wandering hands and chatted casually with the cab driver. Annoyed, I huffed and sat back staring out the window. Most guys were just as handsy but you always had the few who hated started anything in public.

By the time we reached my flat the guy was pulling me through the door, his lips attached to my neck. Smiling I closed my eyes and relaxed into him finally enjoying the one good thing that came out of today.

-

I could hear the buzzing but it wouldn’t stop. Just kept incessantly screaming in my ear, vibrating the bed. Groaning I rolled over and grabbed my phone holding it up in front of me. A message flashed across the screen, blinking, I sat up further trying to force my eyes to see it better. I could finally make out Niall’s name flash across the screen, scowling I pushed it away and buried my head back into my pillow.

It was quiet until there was movement beside me and a too hot arm wrapped around my waist. Freezing, I glanced to the left and saw a mess of blonde hair resting on the pillow next to mine. Sighing I tried to inch out from his grip but he grabbed on tighter. I hated being restricted in bed like this. I hadn’t had to deal with clingy sleepers with Niall since we both enjoyed our space.

Grumbling, I grabbed my phone again as the guy next to me shifted and moved closer. Quickly texting Jade for help I then forcefully lifting up the guys’ arm and rolling out of the bed. Heading towards the bathroom I kicked our clothes back towards the bed hoping that he would see them instantly and take the hint.

The shower was scalding on my body as I washed away the smell of sex. My head was pounding and I definitely need medicine. I opened my mouth for water to spit it down the drain; it didn’t take away the foul taste left in my mouth.

I scrubbed my body raw trying to get away the stench of last night and the feel of the stranger’s body on mine. I paused when I heard talking outside, assuming that Jade had gotten here, I went back to scrubbing until I was satisfied with feeling clean.

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around me to find Jade standing in the doorway.

“How did it go?”

“He asked if we could have a threesome.” I rolled my eyes as Jade glared towards the boxers he had obviously left on the ground. I grimaced.

“They always leave their boxers, it’s just weird and disgusting, I don’t want them in my flat.” I grumbled kicking them off to a corner.

“You don’t seem happy?” I turned to Jade curious as to what she meant. “Normally you’re happier after your nightly escapades.” I just shrugged at her not knowing what she wanted me to stay. “Was he shit at sex?”

“He was okay.” I mused, flipping through my clothes in the cupboard.

“But?”

“I don’t know. He wasn’t really anything noteworthy. Just sex I suppose. And the headache I have today has kind of wiped anything he did last night from memory.” I grabbed the shorts and singlet and slipped it them on before grabbing my hair dryer. I paused to see Jade watching me, with narrowed eyes.

“What?” I asked perplexed.

“You have a missed call from Niall and messages.” She just replied before patting my head and leaving the room. I rolled my eyes at her vagueness. No wonder why her stories were so dramatic. I dropped my hair dryer and reached for my phone.

(1) Missed Call: Niall

Hey Ari thought I wld c how ur day went yestrday? Know u had shitty people to c?

Also forgot 2 say in america for week. C u when I get back??

Sighing I threw my phone back on my bed and left the room. I seriously needed something to cure my pounding headache and hopefully the nauseas feeling in my stomach.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I should warn you all, especially people who usually read my stories, you might expect this to be along story like my other. But I think I said at the start and in the story before this that this will only be a short story. So this is the halfway chapter!
Let me know what you guys are thinking about it? :)

xx