‹ Prequel: Beneath Your Perfect
Status: Active!

Take Me as I Am

I'm A Saint

I held on tightly to Sarah’s hand eyes straining against the darkness trying to pick out any sort of light. I could see some movement in the dark and hear the hushed whispers of the excited people in the club. Someone’s arm wrapped around my waist and I hoped to God it was Jade or at least Liam.

I was reassured as the person next to me lifted up their phone when it beeped. It was Liam and across the screen Niall’s brother Greg had texted, letting us know they were heading in.

“He’s coming!” Harry announced loudly over the quiet crowd from somewhere on Liam’s right. Everyone went unnaturally quiet and still, the occasional cough and ruffle of clothing could be heard until the large door opened and the light was switched on, flooding the club and highlighting all the people within it.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” Niall jumped in shock staring around at everyone. A large grin spread across his face as his family moved forward from the front of the crowd wrapping him up in hugs and kisses. Liam left my side, and Jade slid closer, as all four boys approached after them tackling Niall and his family into more hugs.

Everyone continued to cheer and holler until the music started up loudly again and people began to disperse knowing that they would get their time with the birthday boy as the night wore on.

“Come on,” Jade tugged on my hand and pulled both Sarah and I to the front where a few people had stayed to greet Niall. His closest friends. I felt slightly out of place as Jade continuously tugged us through everyone until she was at Liam’s side. I waved to a few people that I did know, after helping the boys ring around and plan the party.

Liam smiled at Jade warmly when we reached his side and pulled her against his body, wrapping his arms tightly around her. I was surprised she was able to breathe, but her face showed nothing but joy.

“Thanks girls, the boys said you helped.” Niall pulled Sarah into a hug before turning to me. I tried to match his smile as he wrapped his arms around my waist and lifted me off the floor slightly. I laughed, shocked, and wrapped my arms tightly around his neck. I could feel his nose brush the junction between my neck and shoulder before he placed me back on the floor and stepped back, moving onto Jade.

I felt warm while Niall jokingly pressed kisses across Jade’s face, Liam pulling her out of his reach with a glare.

“Come on Ni! Let’s get drinks into ya.” A boy stepped forward, a childhood friend I think, and pulled him over to the bar. I shifted awkwardly as Niall’s family watched us, curiously.

“Well girls, let’s get some drinks. My shout.” Harry turned Sarah and I and led us towards the bar.

“It’s open bar, it’s free all night!” Sarah laughed at him.

“Yes but no one is going to give up the opportunity to be given a drink from Harry Styles,” he smirked and winked at her, leaning forward to press a kiss to her cheek.

“Sorry Styles but I’m taken, very taken.” She pushed his face away and leant against the bar trying to get the bartenders attention.

“What about you?” Harry turned to me, shaking my head I leant against the counter too. “You taken?” Harry persisted. I eyed him out of the corner of my eye.

“Sorry Harry but there are so many celebrities here tonight your games not as strong.” I teased him, avoiding the question while Sarah yelled our order to the bartender.

“Any celebrities I know. Perhaps one I know very well.” Harry nudged me to look to the left. My eyes met Niall’s from the other side of the bar. He grinned and winked at me before raising his shot towards us and downing it in one go to the cheers of the crowd around me. Shaking my head I turned back to Harry watching me knowingly.

“You are entirely too smug.” I glared at him, grabbing my drink from Sarah and drinking half of it. She rolled at me while Harry smiled, impressed.

“How about we get some shots too.” He grinned, signaling for the bartender again, she came much quicker this time, grinning at Harry shamelessly. He easily flirted back and ordered shots for us. He flirted so easily; I don’t think he even knew that he was doing it.

“Take these girls.” He handed both shots to us and clinked our glasses together cheekily. Laughing I put my glass down and downed the shot with Harry and Sarah, I let the shot burn slightly before picking my glass up again and drinking more of it down to help numb the burn.

“Shameless Haz, getting pretty girls drunk like this.” I turned to Niall as his arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me against his warm body. I smiled up at him happily.

“I think we both know Harry doesn’t need to encourage us to drink, we can do it enough ourselves.” Sarah teased, ordering another drink for the both of us. I was happy she was letting loose tonight. It had been a while since she had come out to have proper fun with us.

Niall opened his mouth to reply to her but a large group of people interrupted him, grabbing at him and yelling about more shots. Niall grinned and waved his beer around wildly before unwrapping himself from my waist. I couldn’t imagine how drunk he was going to be by the end of the night.

He turned away and made to follow them before he spun back around and pressed a quick kiss to my cheek. I looked at him shocked while he high fived Harry and continued after the large group of people that were waving more drinks at him.

I ignored Harry’s knowing looks and downed the rest of my drink.

“Bye Harry.” I grabbed Sarah’s hand and headed towards the dance floor.

“Yes, I love this song.” She crowed from behind me practically bowling me over to reach the dance floor first. Laughing I held onto her tightly and let her pull me the rest of the way.

-

Leaning against Jade I watched everyone move around the club. Most of the people had left now only a few stragglers hanging around in groups, chatting. It was early in the morning and I had kicked me heels off two hours ago leaving them under the chair I was now perched on, enjoying the hum of Jade talking. I glanced around tiredly looking for Niall. I hadn’t seen him since the start of the party, at the bar. I was disappointed I thought I would have at least got to dance with him tonight but it was his party, he would have had heaps of people vying for his attention. Not that that was any different to his normal life.

“Do you want to head home?” Jade’s voice called my attention away from the crowd to look back up at her. Sarah’s head was pooled in her lap and she ran her fingers through her hair absently. Sarah had certainly drunk everyone under the table tonight, taking full advantage of free alcohol.

“Yeah, I’m tired.” I nodded at her childishly.

“Okay, Liam’s going to find the other boys just to let them know he’s heading out. Do you want to find Niall to say goodbye?” I shook my head at her.

“I’m sure he’s having fun with his friends, I can talk to him another day.” I mumbled, getting of the chair and unsteadily bending down to pick up my shoes. Jade frowned at me.

“You don’t think you and Niall are friends?” she questioned softly.

“Not like these people, Jade. They know Niall.” I shrugged at her, and slowly stood back up heels held triumphantly in my hand.

Jade turned to wake up Sarah when she saw Liam heading back towards us; Niall was at his side.

“You going without goodbye?” Niall smelled like he had bathed in alcohol.

“You smell terrible.” I grumbled to Niall when he pulled me into a hug.

“Can I come home with you?” He whispered into my ear, sending a shiver through my body. I pushed him back but his hands held onto my waist.

“Don’t you have guests still here?” I pointedly looked around at the few group still hanging around. Niall shrugged and pulled my attention back to him.

“Everyone important has already left.” He mumbled. I nodded at him and tried not too think about how much that hurt, that I wasn’t one of those important people.

“So your place?” Niall winked at me. “It is my birthday.”

I forced a smile and nodded at Niall, turning to pick up my bag.

“We’ll get a taxi together.” Liam wrapped an arm around Niall’s shoulder and began tugging him towards the door. I helped Jade with Sarah, biting my lip and hoping that I didn’t look too miserable. Niall had barely spoken to me all night but the moment I was heading home he wanted me. He wanted me to have sex that was all. And God I had no idea why that had suddenly started to hurt.

We climbed into the car, Sarah instantly falling back asleep. Niall sat across from me, his feet trapping one mine in their grip. I avoided his eye contact and instead paid attention to Sarah’s hair that was spread across my lap.

It wasn’t long before we had arrived back at mine and Jade’s steet.

“Are you two going to be alright getting upstairs?” Liam asked, helping Jade with Sarah’s dead weight.

“Yep,” I nodded to Liam as Niall grabbed my hand and tugged me towards my apartment building. I let him guide us through the lobby and into the elevator. The moment we were inside his lips were on mine, his tongue pressing through, searching. I hung onto his shoulder and let him. I let him drag me through the elevator doors and to my room. Grabbing my key I let us in and he immediately kicked his shoes off before pulling me towards my bedroom.

I was surprised he was able to actually make it there with all the stumbling he was doing. He almost knocked a few pictures of my wall. He giggled and apologised profusely before heading into my bedroom and collapsing instantly on my bed. Gasping like it had taken all of his energy.

I stood in my doorway; for the first time I actually felt awkward in this situation.

“What you doin?” Niall slurred, rising up onto his elbow to look at me.

“Just have to pee.” I mumbled. I shut the bathroom door behind me before peaking at myself in the mirror. My hair was a mess and most of my make up had either been rubbed off or smudged. Frowning I washed my face and ran my hand through my hair before pulling out my heavy earrings, the relief in my earlobes immediate.

Shaking myself off, I headed back towards my bedroom. I was being weird and making this awkward. This was Niall. This was what we always did.

Pushing the door back open I glanced out to see Niall still on my bed, his head buried in my pillows.

“Niall?” I questioned softly and received no answer. I moved closer towards him and heard the light snoring coming from him. Frowning I glanced over and saw him fast asleep, face buried in my pillows. Of course.

Grumbling, I changed into pajamas and pulled down Niall’s pants so he was more comfortable. He didn’t wake. I placed my phone on charge and turned out the light before climbing into bed next to Niall. My feet practically screamed in gratitude from taking the weight off of them. I snuggled down into my pillow and turned away from Niall.

I buried my face further into the pillow when his arms circled around my waist and his nose buried into the back of my neck. Fighting off a smile I willed sleep to come.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I only have like on assignment left and then I'm finished Uni for the year and I will be able to update so much quicker then I did this last time!

What do you all think of this update?? :)

xx