Status: This story will have an alternate ending

Dark Side

End It All

Katrina's POV:
"Hello, Katrina. Rob anyone last night?"
"That's not fair! You know I changed" I swing at him and he ducks.
"I don't think we should talk right now." He walks away. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. 10 steps and he is out of sight. After a few hours, I decide to go to the Porter's. I know Zach's staying here.
"How are you?" Mrs. Porter has a cold look.
"I need to talk to Zach. Is he home?"
"I'm sorry, Katrina. He's on tour right now." She's lying to me.
"But I just saw him a few hours ago." She has no expression on her face.
"No, it must not have been him. He's not here right now. I'm sorry, Kat." She closes the door and I can hear her yell. "She's a sweet girl, Zach! Don't keep this up!" I sprint into the apartment and crash on the floor. Under the bed is one of Zach's jackets. It must have fallen out of his suitcase. It still smells like him, which leads me to play When You're Gone again.
"Damn you, Zach! I love you, okay? I love you, I love you, I love you!" I call him.
"Katrina? What do you want?"
"I know you're at your mom’s house. And what about that tweet? Glad you didn't inform me we really are over!"
"What do you want?"
"I want to talk. We aren't completely over. I mean, we are, but I need to close the door."
"I already have. Yes, I'm at mom's, but I don't want to see you. The tweet, I meant what I said. You had to have known it was over. What about what you said when I was leaving?"
"Zach, I really do love you. I was afraid to, but I can't fight the feelings anymore. I was afraid to get hurt, but when you left, that hurt me. I've fallen too far in."
"I'm sorry, Katrina, it's too late. You should have figured this out a long time ago. I knew I loved you when I told you. It's over now."
"Are you seeing someone else?" My biggest fear now.
"No, I'm not, but that doesn't mean I can take you back so easily. I don't love you anymore."
"Yes you do! Admit it!"
"I don't! Don't tell me what I feel or don't feel!" I am tearing up again.
"Zach, I need you here. I need your arms around me. I miss you so much."
"No, Katrina. You can't have everything you want when you want it."
"I know, Zach. But I'm ready to give you all my attention. My heart and soul."
"I'm sorry." The line goes dead.
"Zach!" I call Lucy.
"What'd that jerk do this time?"
"Don't call him a jerk." He may have hurt me, but I don't want her calling him that.
"So what happened?"
"I saw him at the beach; he said we shouldn't talk because I almost hit him. I went to his house and his mom said he's on tour, but then she yelled at him. I just called him to apologize and he said it was too late." I tell her everything.
"I have to get back to Cam, but I'll see you later. We'll spend time together tomorrow, I promise." I'm all alone again. I see something but I really shouldn't do this. It's not right, the easy way. Heck, who would care right now? I want to sleep forever and never wake up. It's what Zach wants, my parents want, and Lucy, she has Cameron. I take the cap off the bottle. I don't know how many are in here, but oh well.