Status: This story will have an alternate ending

Dark Side

Realize

Zach's POV:
"Zach, why do I have to be part of this?" Mom yells.
"I can't talk to her!"
"You just got off the phone with her." That was a train wreck.
"She tried to say she loves and needs me. She's about a week too late. I hate her!"
"No you don't, Zachary!"
"Yes I do, mom! You and Katrina are both trying to tell me how I fell. Guess what, only I know how I feel!"
"Don't yell at me, Zach." She gets deathly serious.
"Sorry, mom."
"I know you are. Maybe you should go take a walk. Calm down and then we can talk about this if you want to." I really don't want to, but I know she'll make me.
"Zach, you're a jerk!" I turn around to see Lucy.
"Hey, L. How are you and Cameron?"
"Screw that. I'm here to talk to you!" Who is this girl? This is not the same tiny Lucy who can't even hurt a fly.
"What do you want? Are you and Cam okay?"
"This isn't about me and Cam, it's about you and Kat." Of course it is. These girls will go to the ends of the world to protect each other.
"Look, Kat and I are done. She can't tell me that she loves me in an attempt to make me stay. She should have known how she felt before I left. You don't get it."
"No, Zach, you don't get it. She didn't say it to keep you around; she said it because she means it." She means it?
"Like, she still does?"
"Yes, you idiot! When's the last time she said how she felt?"
"Earlier. When she called me."
"She called you. Girls never do that! It's her way of apologizing, something else girls don't do. You're a jerk, Zach Porter." I feel terrible now.
"Lucy, I'm-"
"Don't tell me anything. Tell her." She’s right. I'm a jerk and I should go apologize to her. I sprint to the apartment.
*Katrina's POV*
I start writing a note, but why take the time? No one cares anymore. I start to leave to get cigarettes, then decide against it. I can't stand anymore. My hand falls from the half open door. I fall to the ground, and start to lose consciousness.
"Kat, are you there?" I hear someone and I think it's Zach.
"Zach." My voice is weak. He busts in and I pass out.
*Zach's POV*
"Kat, are you there?" I don't want to knock because the door is open a little.
"Zach." Her voice is weak and when I run in she's passed out.
"Oh, my god! Someone help! There's a girl passed out!" Then I see the bottle by her side. I knew I forgot something. This is all my fault. A few minutes later the paramedics show up.
"What happened here?"
"I don't really know, but I think she took these pills and now is passed out." I'm so scared right now.
"Do you know how long it's been?"
"Not long. I showed up to see if she was here and she called my name then I heard nothing. I came in and saw her passed out. No more than 10 minutes." They put her on a stretcher and I drive behind them. How is this happening right now? "I'm sorry, Kat."