Status: This story will have an alternate ending

Dark Side

The Proposal

Katrina's POV:
"It's so nice to see you by my side again. I never thought I'd wake up to see you." I tell Zach the next morning.
"Well here I am." He leans over and kisses me.
"Now go make me breakfast. Please." I grin and we laugh.
"As you wish." He kisses me again and goes to make pancakes. I go to the kitchen.
"Smells good. What should I wear for the chat?"
"Whatever you want. You look amazing in everything." I smile. He really knows how to make a girl blush.
"You're insane, ya know that?"
"Is that why you love me?" He teases.
"Yes, Zach. Let's go with that."
"Do I have to tackle you with kisses?"
"I think you should keep those pancakes from burning." I see smoke rising and he turns.
"Do you like burnt pancakes or cereal?"
"Pour those Rice Krispies."
"I'm sorry. I wanted to make you a special meal." He looks like he's about to cry.
"Hey, it's okay. Any meal with you is special."
"Kat, why are you being so cool about this?" He's overreacting and I get the feeling there is more about today than he's telling me.
"Because I don't know what's so important." We spend the day just hanging out then head over to Cameron's for the chat. Lucy and Millie both look like they're hiding something.
"Hey, Kat. How goes it?" Millie asks me.
"I don't know. Lucy, Millie, should I know something?" They exchange a look.
"No."
"Why'd you answer at the same time?"
"We didn't."
"You did it again. Oh, my gosh, is Zach gonna break up with me again?" How dare he do that in front of everyone?
"No! That's not it." Lucy can't stand when I'm upset. I relax a little.
"Okay. Good." 40 minutes in, the guys stop what they're doing.
"Since we're almost out of time, we want to do something special for you all. Michael, do you wanna go first?"
"We respect all of our fans and want you to know this before you hear from someone else. Millie?" She walks over. "This is my girlfriend. I really like her, so don't be mean to her. I will find you. Your turn, Cam."
"As Michael said, we think you deserve to know. We want you in our lives as much as you can be. Lucy, come over here." She goes and hugs him then waves to the camera.
"Hey, everyone.” Lucy says then Zach gets ready to speak.
"So, about a week ago, I tweeted that I didn't have a girlfriend. I had recently broken it off with her, an hour or two before. It was true then but I almost lost the best girl in my life. Please except her for me." He motions to me.
"Hi, everyone. I do love Zach and I'll treat him well."
"That's it you guys." Michael starts to sign off but he’s smiling.
"Wait, there's one more thing, since I didn't get to say her name." Zach says.
"What else is there Zach?" This must be the surprise everyone knew about.
"Kat, I love you so much and I know that you love me. I'm sorry that I left you and hurt you. I'm sorry I sent you to desperate measures. I love you so much and you mean everything to me.” He reaches into his pocket and gets on one knee. "Katrina Lane Mitchell, will you marry me?"