Status: This story will have an alternate ending

Dark Side

Zach To the Rescue. Sort Of.

Zach's POV:
I am out for a walk when I see a girl at the convenience store. She raises her arm and I grab it.
"I don't think you wanna do that." She turns to look at me.
"Do what?" She asks innocently.
"You were going to break in. Come stay with me tonight." I figure she has nowhere to go if she's out this late.
"No, thank you. I was looking for hours. I'm on my way home."
"Don't lie to me. Why are you here?"
"Why are you here? Pretty boys like you end up on the news. As murder victims." Well, she's a lovely girl. I should have guessed from her clothes she'd act this way.
"I'm Zach Porter."
"You're from that pretty boy band aren't you? Allend Weekstars or something."
"Allstar Weekend, but yeah. That's me."
"Not a fan."
"Well, not a fan, what's your name?"
"Katrina."
"Nice to meet you. Now come to my place. I don't want my non-fans to get cold."
"Man, you're persistent. Tryin to rape me or somethin?"
"Absolutely not!" Why would she even think that?
"K. I've just been there before."
"And I'm a total stranger asking you to stay with me."
"Not a total stranger. I've heard of you before. You don't seem like a rapist, just a weird boy." I start laughing.
"Is that better?" I ask and she laughs, too.
"Yeah, I think so."
"Well, Katrina not a fan, would you like to go out tomorrow?"
"Sure. I've gotta see if you really are a weirdo." She punches me in the arm, like a friend would do, then starts to walk away.
"Do you wanna stay with me tonight?"
"I'll be okay. I'd really just like to be alone." She walks away, her boots echoing. I like her so much. Then I remember something.
"Katrina! Wait." She turns.
"What's up, Zach?"
"I don't know your address. I at least need your number."
"Oh, yeah, I guess you do. Give me your phone." She put her number in mine and I put mine in hers.
"See ya tomorrow, Katrina."
"Pick me up at my friend's house." Why would she want me to do that? I guess she has to get ready and gossip about me.
"Sure thing.” She waves, then walks away. This is the kind of girl that no one will accept. My parents will freak out and the guys will make jokes about her. Oh well, it's just one date. We aren't anywhere near serious. My phone rings and I hope it's her, but it’s Cameron.
"Zach! Where are you? Your mom went over, for who knows why, and called me freaking out that you aren't home."
"I went out for a walk. I'll call her." I hang up and sprint home. Sure enough, she’s beating on the door.
"Zachary! Where were you at this time of night?"
"I couldn't sleep. I took a walk."
"What about those sleeping pills I bought you?"
"Mom! I wanted a walk. Why are you here?"
"I miss my baby boy." This is my mom for ya. Vic and dad just aren't enough to keep her company.
"I've been gone for two months and how often do I visit you?"
"At least twice a week."
"Exactly." I say and she leaves.