Status: This story will have an alternate ending

Dark Side

I Do

Katrina's POV:
I spend the night in the hospital.
"Can I see him today?" I ask a nurse.
"Yes, he just woke up." I jump out of bed and start running.
"Kat! It's not a good idea." Lucy tells me.
"I need to tell him my news. It'll save him, I know." I got the best news yesterday and nothing will ruin this moment.
"Be careful. We saw him while you were sleeping, it's scary." I run to the room next to me and am shocked. He's hooked up to so many tubes and monitors.
"Zach? Oh, baby!" He looks at me.
"It's so good to see you. I'm sorry I did this." He says.
"No, it's not your fault." It is, but I can't tell him this.
"Admit it, Kat. It's all my fault. If I hadn't stopped paying attention, we'd be at home planning our wedding."
"Speaking of wedding, let's get married now. Our friends and family are here. Technically, I'm wearing a dress. It's not ideal, but I'm with you."
"Okay, let's do it." Kate gets a minister and flowers.
"Zach, I love you so much. I know it took me so long to say it, but I always knew it in my heart. I will spend the rest of my life as Mrs. Porter and that makes me so happy. I wouldn't trade this life for anything. You saved me from a dark place and I can't thank you enough for that."
"Katrina, you are the best thing in my life. When I left, it wasn't right, and I can't thank you enough for taking me back. Every day that I'm with you I wake up with a smile on my face. When I got you back and was able to propose, that will always be the best day of my life. I will fight for you." The minister gives us rings.
"Do you, Katrina Lane Mitchell, take Zachary David Porter to be your husband?"
"I do."
"Do you, Zachary David Porter, take Katrina Lane Mitchell to be your wife?"
"I do." His monitor goes dead and I scream.
"NO! Someone help! Zach!" I know I'm screeching, but I can't help it. He can't die yet. The nurses and doctors run in and shove me out.
"You can't be in here." They tell me.
"Zach! Don't leave me!" Everyone takes me to my room and surrounds me. We're all crying, even Michael.
"Is he going to be okay?" How can Lana ask that right now?
"Yes, I know my friend. He'll make it." I look at Cameron.
"Tell the truth. You don't believe that, do you?" He looks at me with sad eyes.
"I want to." We sit like this for a few hours. Finally, a doctor comes in.
"He's stable, but not awake. We don't know when he will be."
"Can we go see him?"
"Yes, you may. But one at a time for now. We don't want a bunch of people in there in case something happens again."
"But nothing will happen! Right?" They are supposed to have hope for the patient. That's their job.
"One at a time." The doctor leaves.
"I think you should go last Katrina. He'll save out for you."
"He. Won't. Die." Kate gives me a hug and walks out of the room.