Status: This story will have an alternate ending

Dark Side

Not Quite the End

Zach's POV:
"Hey, sweetie. Mom's here. The doctor's want us to come in one at a time right now, but pretty soon I'm gonna sneak everyone in. I promise." I reach for her, but I can't move.
"Mom, I hear you. Keep talking to me." The more she says, the closer I get to walking up. I just feel it.
"I love you, sweetie. I'm gonna send dad in now." He walks in and I can tell he was crying.
"You're my son, okay. Don't forget that. We fight no matter what. I know you're strong and will make it through this. Can you even hear us?"
"Yes, dad! I hear you, but you don't hear me."
"Hey there, big bro. Fight for me? I need a big brother in my life." Oh gosh, Vic.
"Dude, you're gonna make me cry. Don't do this, Vic." He walks out. There was my family, so who's next?
"You're good to my daughter." Kat's dad.
"I try, sir. I want to protect her forever."
"She'll always love you, no matter what happens here. Try not to die, I don't want her hurt." He leaves.
"You'll be a great son-in-law." Mrs. Mitchell.
"You'll be a great mother-in-law. Please help me!" She just sits there and cries for a few minutes.
"It was really nice meeting you. Thank you for bringing her back to us."
"My big sister needs you. Remember, my brother-in-law is the Zach Porter." She's trying not to cry.
"Yes I am. I will be for a long time, Lana. I have to keep your sister safe." She runs out of the room.
"Dude, the band needs you."
"Mikey!" Oh man, has he been crying? That's not like him at all. "Let me out of this place! I need to be with my friends and family." Some guy appears.
"Not yet, Zach. You aren't ready to see them. They aren't ready to see you either."
"Why am I here? I can't die yet!"
"Don't forget, we're Zameron."
"See, that's my best friend down there. Don't this to Cameron, Mikey, Kat. To me!"
"Goodbye again, Zach." Cameron leaves.
"My best friend's in there waiting for you. I'm sorry I yelled at you, but at least it woke you up. Maybe I should do it again." Yes, Lucy! Yell. Tell me I'm a jerk and she doesn't deserve me. Give me a reason to wake up. Where is Kat? She should be here by now.
"Come on, she'll go back to her old ways without you." Millie walks in.
"No, she can't. We've come so far. That wouldn't be right. That's not my Kat!" Finally I see Kat walk in. It's been a few minutes since Millie left, but here she is now.
"Hey, Zach. They said you'd wait for me and look. Here you are. Waiting for me. Can you hear me Zach?"
"Yes." Her head jerks up.
"Zach! You woke up!"
"I love you, Kat." She runs into my arms and I ignore the pain. We are both crying. Everyone runs in the room and sees us like this. We all start crying.
"Are you back for good, Zach? You're not gonna leave me again?"
"I can't die on you yet. You just became my wife." I look her in the eyes. "I promise."
"Good. I told them you wouldn't die on me. Hey, I have great news for you."