Status: This story will have an alternate ending

Dark Side

He's Alive

Katrina's POV:
"What's the great news that you've been dying to tell me." I smile.
"I'm pregnant, Zach."
"That's amazing, Kat! I'm glad it's you saying this and not someone else."
"I'm glad I'm telling you and not Jack or someone." He kisses me and I know he's going to be okay until his monitor goes dead again. How bad is this! "Zach! Don't do this! You promised me!"
"Sweetie, he's gone." Lucy says. In my heart I know it's true, but it just can't be.
"Our baby, your promise. Zach, don't leave me. Remember how I feel when you're gone and that you love me. Zach, please!" Nurses rush me out of the room. I'm fighting as hard as I can, but it just isn't working.
"It'll be okay?" Cameron tries.
"No it won't. He's gone somewhere that I can't save him from. Zach is dead, I know it."
"What about having hope?" Cameron asks.
"My heart is telling me! Don't make this worse for me than it already is!" We sit in the lobby for what seems like hours.
"I'm so sorry. We did everything we could." I start sobbing hysterically and so does Kate.
"He can't be!" Vic starts yelling and kicking chairs over. I walk over and hug him. I can't say anything; I can barely breathe. The tears keep coming. Finally, I calm down.
"He is, Vic." I start crying again. I don't know what will happen to the band, but it won't be the same.
"Do you want to say goodbyes?" A nurse asks us.
"I think we did earlier." My dad speaks up.
"Can I see him?" I want to see him one time.
"Are you sure?" They ask. I walk down to his room and take his cold, lifeless hand.
"Hey, Zach, I'll let this baby know just how special you are. I love you forever. I'll try to move on because I know that's what you would want for me. I know you're somewhere saying that you love me." The tears flow again and I know I should leave. "Goodbye, husband." I head back to the lobby.
"Mrs. Porter?" Kate and I turn around.
"Yes?" We both ask. I don't care; I'm still married to Zach. The doctor walks up to me.
"You dropped your bracelet."
"Oh. Thank you." I don't know why I'm hoping that Zach woke up. A nurse runs out. "He's awake, I just know it's Zach." I say. Cameron puts his hand on my shoulder.
"It can't be. I want to believe it, too, but we were all there. He's gone." Vic swings at Cameron, who ducks just in time.
"HE'S FINE! Don't doubt my BROTHER!" I think Vic's taking this the hardest of us all. A new nurse walks out.
"Are you all with Zach Porter?"
"Yes. Why?" She smiles at us.
"He's asking for all of you." We all run down to the hall and I bust the door open.
"Zach! I knew you wouldn't leave me." I hug him so tight. "Sorry, did I hurt you?"
"A little, but it's okay. I told you I wouldn't leave you. Not so quick after we get married. I was finally giving up, but then you came back. You came back after you thought I was gone."
"I don't give up on love that easy." We spend the day laughing, hugging, and crying. We're one messed group of family and friends, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.