Status: This story will have an alternate ending

Dark Side

The Truth Explodes

Katrina's POV:
Finally Zach picks me up.
"Are you ready?"
"Yeah, Zach, I am." I can't feel anything for him. This isn't me. It's gonna end up with us both in pain.
"I know it's early in the date, but do you have a place to stay?" He asks me.
“You're gonna drop me off at my house." I fake a smile.
"Okay. That sounds good." The date is perfect. We go to the mall food court and just talk for a while. I give him a random address and we end up in a rich neighborhood.
"I had a great time tonight, Zach."
"So did I. Here's my address if you ever need me." He writes it down for me.
"Okay, thanks."
"Do you want me to walk you up to your door?" He can't do that.
"No, that's okay. My parents are probably asleep. Don't wanna wake them."
"I understand that." He's being so sweet. He kisses me on the cheek. "Do you wanna go out again tomorrow? We could see that new movie that came out."
"Okay. Just pick me up here."
"I will." I get out of his car and wave. I walk up to the door and pretend to get keys as he drives away. When the car is out of sight, I start walking back to my hang out. I have all my clothes here, so it's not like I can go anywhere else.
*Next night*
I run to the house where I told him to pick me up. I sit on the porch and wait for him.
"Hey, you don't have to wait for me. I'd have come to the door. I can't wait to meet your parents."
"Later, Zach. Mine are....on vacation right now. Left this morning. I wouldn't mind meeting yours though."
"After our date tonight. So, are you my girlfriend now?" He teases me.
"I guess so." Why did I say that? I can't get attached.
"Awesome. You can meet my friends later also. How about next week?"
"Okay, Zach." If we last that long I want to add. We go golfing and I beat him by one point.
"Wow, you're lucky."
"I guess so." I agree with him. He kisses me and heads for his parents house.
"This is it. Porter casa." Why does this place look so familiar? Then she opens the door.
"Oh, it's you." She says.
"It's you." I say in shock.
"You two know each other?" Zach is confused.
"This is the girl that stayed here."
"I was walking and she took me under her wing. Thank you again for that."
"Anytime, sweetheart. Come in." His family accepts me right away. Maybe the tough girl thing isn't for me. Maybe Zach is the one who can change me.
"Well, it's almost 9. I should be getting home. My parents will worry." Kate gives me a look.
"If you need a place to stay, our door is open."
"Thanks, but my parents are away. I like the time to myself."
"Alright." Zach drops me off at the house of these random people. I walk to my group but I don’t see anyone. This isn't right; then I see it. Someone set fire to everything. All of my clothes are gone. Sure I didn't have a lot, but they're my clothes. I pull out the piece of paper from my pocket and run.
"Kat? Are you okay?" Zach asks and I start sobbing.
"It's all gone. Everything is gone, Zach."
"Were you robbed? I'll call the cops with you."
"Zach, that's not my house." I have some explaining to do.