Status: This story will have an alternate ending

Dark Side

Love Hurts

Katrina's POV:
"Zach, I love you." He slams the door. "I mean it." I fall to the ground and cry. At some point I fall asleep. When I wake up, his side of the bed is empty. The bed is completely made and undisturbed. I realize it hasn't even been 12 hours since he left. He left at 10, and it's only 8 now. In 100 steps, Zach walked out of my life.
"Kat, what's wrong? Talk to me, sweetie." Lucy says when I call her.
"Zach is gone."
"What do you mean?" She knows what I mean.
"We fought because I couldn't say I love him, but I do. I've fought these feelings my whole life, but now I can't. Lucy, I need him. I want him to hold me as I cry, to be here for me. I love Zach."
"I always wanted you to be more sensitive, but not like this. Wait, where are you living?"
"Zach moved out. He said he could find a place easier than me. He also accused me of only wanting him for his money."
"No way!"
"Yes way. L, I never loved him for his money." I start sobbing again.
"I'll be right over."
"Lucy, it hurts so much. I just want him to know I really do love him. He changed me and I'm in a new world. I never knew you could need someone so much."
"I know it hurts now, but you will get over it. Eventually. This calls for some Chunky Monkey." I put on my iPod and blare When You're Gone by Avril Lavigne.
"Okay, let's eat." I say and she walks over.
"No music. Not right now."
"Please. I'm in deep dark depression."
"That's why I'm saying no." I turn the radio on.
"There, I have no control of what they play.” I get out bowls while the commercials play. Then the DJ gets on.
"Alright, this song's been requested a lot today. Here's Life As We Know It by Allstar Weekend." I drop the bowl I am holding and Lucy sprints for the radio.
"No music. At all." The tears start streaming again.
"Lucy, what am I supposed to do?"
"You'll get over him. Here, let's go to the-" She stops her sentence.
"What? Go where?"
"I have a date with Cameron in a few minutes. I'll cancel."
"It's fine. You should go. I'm miserable, but you don't have to be."
"Thanks girl. Don't do anything crazy."
"I'll try not to." What would I do? After a few hours, I decide to go to the beach. I'm Katrina Lane Mitchell, girl who doesn't care. Except, I'm not. I do care and I can't go back. I sit down and get all comfortable when I see him. I should run.
"Katrina! Where's Zach?"
"Hi, Michael. I don't know where he is." I can't tell him the truth. It hurts too much to even say it.
"I'll check Twitter and let ya know. Kat, I'm so sorry."
"What do you mean?" He shows me the phone. Last night Zach replied to a girl saying he doesn't have a girlfriend.
"Good to know he's okay with it! I hate him!
"I have to go." He leaves and I cry. A bunch of people walked by me, but no one says anything. Then he shows up.
"Zach. We have to talk."